Options

Just changed from BT to O2

I've just changed my landline, following a sales call from o2. It's definitely going to be cheaper but does anyone have any reasons why this is a good/bad idea?

All replies appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    JepsonJepson Posts: 3,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does O2 allow you to dial a prefix so that you can use services such as 1899?

For most people the cheapest phone deal is to use a provider that gives you free weekend and evening calls and allows you to use 1899 for daytime UK landline calls. These cost 5p for any length (you don't have to redial after an hour).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply. I don't know what 1899 numbers connect to, Perhaps you could enlighten me; but they've assured me that all calls to landlines will be free as per the package I had with BT, only £5 per month cheaper.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    http://1899.com/index2.php

Allows you to dial 1899 before a call to offer low cost calls.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    as always it all depends on what and how you use your phone...

I'm with O2, never had any problems, biggest gripe I have is that the phone doesn't ring for as long before going to voicemail, Unlike when I was with Post Office. Dont have 1571 as it costs extra per month I think...

Will probs be looking to move away from O2 come the end of my 12 month Contract