Celebs who act nice in the spotlight but are horrible in person

Comments

• spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zoe Salmon from Blue peter is a lovely person .

few years ago I was a pcso in London and She was filming something for Blue Peter , it was part of our job to check that the film crew had the right paperwork to film where they were filming , and at the end of filming she came over to us and chatted to us about our job and what we do etc as the role was still fairly new back then she then reached into her pocket and produced two Blue peter badges for me and my partner , that made our day:o:D
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    dodrade wrote: »
    Is there at least one person out there with something nice to say about Cilla Black?

To be fair - fame hasn't gone to her head - she was apparently a nasty cow even before she was famous.

I suppose at least she's consistent!
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there at least one person out there with something nice to say about Cilla Black?

"Our Graham"?
  • Theo_BearTheo_Bear Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    "Our Graham"?

If he does, I wish he'd give us a quick reminder :D
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair - fame hasn't gone to her head - she was apparently a nasty cow even before she was famous.

I suppose at least she's consistent!

Interestingly, she was a friend of John Lennon's and he was pretty much responisble for her becoming famous. One wonders if he had a similar personality to the battleaxe.
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The only nice thing I can say about her is that she is the anti-christ! :mad:
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Interestingly, she was a friend of John Lennon's and he was pretty much responisble for her becoming famous. One wonders if he had a similar personality to the battleaxe.
    Well I never cared much for him either. In my opinion Yoko Ono was too good for him.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Seeing your post, I initially thought "Is she daring to defend Cilla?!", so the last part made me laugh!
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vanessa Feltz...thinks she's a superstar dahling:cool:
  • NicolaClareNicolaClare Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    James Corden is apparently a really nice man,
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James Corden is apparently a really nice man,

So he's Corden bleu?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wouldn't assume that - although I have no idea what Lennon was like, admittedly. After all, she's great friends with Paul O'Grady and by all accounts he's a very friendly chap. It doesn't quite fit that he'd be friends with someone as horrible as Cilla is reputed to be.

Has she ever publicly responded to any of the heap of rumours about her?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't assume that - although I have no idea what Lennon was like, admittedly. After all, she's great friends with Paul O'Grady and by all accounts he's a very friendly chap. It doesn't quite fit that he'd be friends with someone as horrible as Cilla is reputed to be.

Has she ever publicly responded to any of the heap of rumours about her?

It's strange that the media won't go after her if she is as horrible as she is reputed to be, and she's too clever to address any of the rumours.

Lennon had a dry sense of humour but also seemed a bit moody and cranky. Cilla owes him a huge amount as she really became famous through her connection to him rather than on her own talent.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    although I have no idea what Lennon was like, admittedly. .... It doesn't quite fit that he'd be friends with someone as horrible as Cilla is reputed to be.

Read The Love You Make, a Beatles' biography. It shows how Lennon was a violent juvenile delinquent and enjoyed mocking cripples and the deformed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Read The Love You Make, a Beatles' biography. It shows how Lennon was a violent juvenile delinquent and enjoyed mocking cripples and the deformed.

Bloody hell! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lennon had a dry sense of humour but also seemed a bit moody and cranky. Cilla owes him a huge amount as she really became famous through her connection to him rather than on her own talent.

And she never lets us forget how friendly she was with the Beatles. :yawn: I understand that she's not popular in Liverpool, and speaks nothing like she does on TV when she's off the box.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Which brings us back to his friendship with Miss Black :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And she never lets us forget how friendly she was with the Beatles. :yawn: I understand that she's not popular in Liverpool, and speaks nothing like she does on TV when she's off the box.

I don't think she was that good a singer, but they gave her some fantastic songs by Burt Bacharach which made her sound like a top notch artist. Interesting that she never broke into the US in the way that Dusty Springfield and Lulu did.
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I work in radio so have been very fortunate to meet a lot of music and showbiz types over the years. The vast majority are lovely and I have had some wonderful times, being lucky.

One person who really sticks in my mind is Darius. Back in about 2003 we had a complete re-furb of the studios and station so we asked Darius to come and perform for some invited clients, listeners and Asda Heroes. Now the Asda Heroes were children of courage and part of a charity campaign they were doing. Anyway, at the end of the set he gave his towel to a disabled girl in a wheelchair and had a good chat with her.

About 6 months later we were hosting the Smash Hits Tour at the Sheffield Arena and Darius was on the bill. We went down on a mini bus, again with some of the Asda Heroes, including this girl. She pulled me to one side and said "Darren when Darius gave me his towel he told me he liked my bracelet ( it was in the style of a bike chain ) so would you give it to him when you see him backstage please ?" I did and he was as charming as ever. He told me to thank her. A month or so later he was pictured in Heat Magazine wearing said bracelet. I just thought that was pure class. Apparently the girl was really made up. What a touch
  • GwylfaGwylfa Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see that Miss Black is coming back to ITV for a one off 'Best of Blind Date'!! Rather surprisingly ITV still obviously like her , although a show with that title should only last around ten minutes!!
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,891
    Forum Member

She's lovely here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmpRLsBTm3g
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think she was that good a singer, but they gave her some fantastic songs by Burt Bacharach which made her sound like a top notch artist. Interesting that she never broke into the US in the way that Dusty Springfield and Lulu did.

Oh, she was never in the same class as Dusty Springfield, in terms of vocals. However, I believe Ms Black would bracket herself with her much more talented contemporaries. I'd say she is more famous as TV presenter and (very) light entertainer than a singer.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,891
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    Vanessa Feltz...thinks she's a superstar dahling:cool:

Does she??!! Can't imagine for one second why she would think that. Aren't people funny.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Billy Bremner once told me to go and f... myself, when I was 12 & I asked him for his autograph. :D
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I work in radio so have been very fortunate to meet a lot of music and showbiz types over the years. The vast majority are lovely and I have had some wonderful times, being lucky.

One person who really sticks in my mind is Darius. Back in about 2003 we had a complete re-furb of the studios and station so we asked Darius to come and perform for some invited clients, listeners and Asda Heroes. Now the Asda Heroes were children of courage and part of a charity campaign they were doing. Anyway, at the end of the set he gave his towel to a disabled girl in a wheelchair and had a good chat with her.

About 6 months later we were hosting the Smash Hits Tour at the Sheffield Arena and Darius was on the bill. We went down on a mini bus, again with some of the Asda Heroes, including this girl. She pulled me to one side and said "Darren when Darius gave me his towel he told me he liked my bracelet ( it was in the style of a bike chain ) so would you give it to him when you see him backstage please ?" I did and he was as charming as ever. He told me to thank her. A month or so later he was pictured in Heat Magazine wearing said bracelet. I just thought that was pure class. Apparently the girl was really made up. What a touch

That's a lovely story. I have heard lots of nice things about Darius :)

It reminds me of a story about Dave Grohl. He met a fan with Cerebral Palsy, and was lovely to her. A few years later he met her again, remembered her name and invited her to see them do a video shoot.