Options

Why Shirley got the perfect self inflicted deathe for he character

broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
Forum Member
✭✭
We dont know if she is dead or not but let us assume she is. Last nights death has been comin for weeks. Since she decided to blackmail Phil. Phil was never going to hurt Shirley....but Carl? A man who recently tried to murder PhilP Why cross a man like that and wait for him patiently in the Arches>

Because she is irredeemably stupid. She think she bested Phil becaused she stole from him while he was in hospital so her ego told her to take on Carl. She thought she could threaten and throw her weight around and he would gave in. But Carl is a nasty character.Probaby a multiple murderer. She met a bigger bully then her.

Her grisly death is the right send off. She was a lowlife - a thief, an arsonist. Who used to big herself up by threatening others. She was eventually going to do it to the wrong person.

If the producers have any balls they will keep the perfect ending for the character. Both Paul Truman and Danny Moon met eerie starkly memorable offscreen deaths. The same should happen to Shirley Cater.

She had the perfect exit for her character,

Comments

• Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Shirley is dead because the character is finished.
  • Options
    ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,377
    Forum Member
    I agree with op, some are saying she is dead, others she has vanished, but the only way that would happen is if he offered her more cash to "go away" and that does not seem to be Carl's style, plus I could understand her leaving her sunglasses and maybe the pic of Heather, but why her jacket and mobile phone if she had just quietly left. Plus, while there has been nothing on Linda Henry leaving permanently, neither has there been anything about Daniel C. going, or tptb announcing big storylines for him in the future, e.g. a court case, so that means his involvement in the car crash and setting up of Max over it, making Ian perjure himself as a false witness, the dodgy deals, Phil etc are not going to be discovered in the near future and that means Shirley not being around to "dob him in", even if she took his money which I doubt as she seemed quite steamed up about it all and had made peace with Phil.

Also, some people have commented about the Zelda remark, would Linda Henry really have been happy having that in the script unless it was her final filming and she just didn't know about it (slotted in later)?

All conjecture, but it does point to death, and yes, it would be the perfect end to the character, not because she deserves to die, but all her loose ends seem to have been tidied up before she went.
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She isn't dead, it's a Lisa Fowler all over again.
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    One thing to get straight before we move on is that she is / was a lonely, desperate, bitter, sour, friendless, two bit lush. Having all agreed on that, may I just point out my delight in Carl's treatment of her. She deserves / deserved nothing more.
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,955
    Forum Member
    Sitting on a chair? Right thats perfect :rolleyes: