Sharon is an attention seeker

broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
Forum Member
✭✭
So Sharon packs up and threatens to leave again.

What an attention seeker, Call her bluff. And she is turning into Mommie Dearest. The way she looks at Denny.

Comments

• valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    She's always been a drama queen, it's just her way.
    Denny baby is in for a rough ride....I imagine her like Derek is with Alice when he grows up. She'll be tagging along on his dates.
  • TLC1098TLC1098 Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand her anymore she used to be my favourite character but she has been awful since her return.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am getting fed up with the repetitive 'leaving' story line. Just stay or sling your hook. Not really bothered what she does any more.
  • LousianaLousiana Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on guys she is being written terribly this is not the real Sharon we know and love, the Sharon we were looking forward to having back on our screens.

EE can't really afford to cut their losses with her - with the likes of Pat going they are really short on history these days.

I can understand anyone who is frustrated with this version of Sharon, my god she is even worse than the Berridge years, but I'd rather see her fixed than written off altogether. The show is practically unwatchable as it is without losing another popular face.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,845
    Forum Member
    Lousiana wrote: »
    Come on guys she is being written terribly. This is not the real Sharon we know and love, the Sharon we were looking forward to having back on our screens.

EE can't really afford to cut their losses with her with the likes of Pat going they are really short on history these days.

I can understand anyone who is frustrated with this version of Sharon, my god she is even worse than the Berridge years, but I'd rather see her fixed than written off altogether. The show is practically unwatchable as it is without losing another popular face.
    oh this is the sharon i remember. she's been like this before lol
  • Michelle JonesMichelle Jones Posts: 5,450
    Forum Member
    I love Sharon and always have done but FFS even I reached the end of my tether when she started packing her bags yet again tonight for what must be the 18th time since she returned:mad:!!

I'm sure Letitia must be thinking "Hang on, haven't I filmed this exact scene already ?:confused:" ffs can the writers please stop repeating this scenario every other week?! It's getting even more tiresome than Derek demanding that someone apologise to him in every other episode:sleep:!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh this is the sharon i remember. she's been like this before lol
    When?

Previously the worst period of Sharon was when she was trying to snare Dennis who was in a relationship with Zoe at the time. If she wasn't moping around feeling sorry for herself and pining for him she was going round to Zoe's and attacking her like some mad woman. I hated all that and it did not fit with the Sharon I grew up watching who was always far more composed than that. The real Sharon would never chase after a man.

But this is much worse - the relationships with Tanya and Jack have come out of nowhere and don't make a lot of sense - then there's the pathetic drug addiction, the awful styling of the character and the cringeworthy interactions with Denny. No sorry this is a lot worse. I now feel like I am watching an imposter.

Sharon's best years were 1990-1995, 2001-2002 and 2005-2006. Back when the show started it wasn't that she was bad but she was not the integral character others make her out to be either, I feel she like a lot of other teens of that era were portrayed unrealistically and at times she could be annoying. Plus the storyline where she dated the vicar could be used as a replacement for anaesthetic.
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Come on guys she is being written terribly this is not the real Sharon we know and love, the Sharon we were looking forward to having back on our screens.

e.

Oh I am Ieaving. Don't try and stop me.

Don't go Sharon. You are the light of my life.

Oh OK. Can I stay in your house?

repeat ad nauseum.
    Forum Member
    When?

with men kathy/phil then zoe/dennis she's always come across as a spoilt brat that everything has to be about her. everyone has to love her etc
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crap writing most likely, the princess and pride trait is starting to grate and what kind of mother would still be living in a bed and breakfast nearly two months after returning, whats her excuse she has a job and his in school.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her return has fell flat on it's ass I'm disappointed
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    with men kathy/phil then zoe/dennis she's always come across as a spoilt brat that everything has to be about her. everyone has to love her etc
    She is not perfect when it comes to men but apart from Dennis she has never been desperate and never crawled after a man but there's bigger problems with her characterisation this time round.

The fact her relationship with Jack started the night she arrived back in Walford is beyond ridiculous and worse than anything that happened in the Berridge era.

In general everything about Sharon is off here, she is like a completely different character. This doesn't feel like Sharon, not even Sharon at her previous lowest.
    Forum Member
    She is not perfect when it comes to men but apart from Dennis she has never been desperate and never crawled after a man but there's bigger problems with her characterisation this time round.

The fact her relationship with Jack started the night she arrived back in Walford is beyond ridiculous and worse than anything that happened in the Berridge era.

In general everything about Sharon is off here, she is like a completely different character. This doesn't feel like Sharon, not even Sharon at her previous lowest.

she's still grieving over the love of her life and has to be a mother its realistic she would have changed in those 6 years im liking it that she's grown up a bit
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I am Ieaving. Don't try and stop me.

Don't go Sharon. You are the light of my life.

Oh OK. Can I stay in your house?

repeat ad nauseum.
    It's terrible but who hasn't had terrible writing in EE recently?

Kathleen Beedles said on Twitter that some of the current story ideas were suggested when she and BK were there so I'm still holding out hope.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I don't think it's just the writing, it's that she comes across as superior and entitled. There's not been a scrap of gratitude to those who've helped her, just this air of entitlement. For someone who is alone and destitute she's sure up herself. I think she could have played the part with a little humility instead of strutting about as the big I am.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,005
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    I don't think it's just the writing, it's that she comes across as superior and entitled. There's not been a scrap of gratitude to those who've helped her, just this air of entitlement. For someone who is alone and destitute she's sure up herself. I think she could have played the part with a little humility instead of strutting about as the big I am.[/QUOTE]

Or Lady Muck.
  • Michelle JonesMichelle Jones Posts: 5,450
    Forum Member

Well not for the first time on this forum Lousiana, I completely agree with you:)!!

I'd read that she jumped into bed with Jack in her first week back and thought even that was a bit much:( but ffs when I realised it was actually the SAME DAY she ditched her fiancé at the altar, I thought who the hell is writing this tripe!!:mad:

It honestly feels as though the writers who are on the show now had no idea what Sharon was like. I agree with monalisa that she may well have changed a bit since losing Dennis and becoming a mum, but ffs not this much:eek:!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's terrible but who hasn't had terrible writing in EE recently?

Kathleen Beedles said on Twitter that some of the current story ideas were suggested when she and BK were there so I'm still holding out hope.

How long can we keep blaming Kirkwood ? It's Newman's name above the door now so to speak . I am not impressed at all with her tenure so far . Awful writing , Letitia must cringe when she is handed this crud .
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She pouts after every line and inhales a little sharp breath, it's freaky.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    klendathu wrote: »
    How long can we keep blaming Kirkwood ? It's Newman's name above the door now so to speak . I am not impressed at all with her tenure so far . Awful writing , Letitia must cringe when she is handed this crud .
    I am only saying what Beedles said on Twitter and if that gives fans hope that the next two years aren't going to be as bad as the BK era then where's the harm?
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    I don't get her attitude to Phil. He was great with Denny, hate that name and loved it when Phil called him Dennis :D They are old friends and could be very good for each other.

She acts like he's a potential threat around her Denny and it's really irritating. TBH I just thought it was amusing when Phil was teaching Denny stuff and I think them living together would make some good comedy moments unlike them living with Jack, yuck.

When she flirted with Jack at the end of the episode in order to be able to move in with him :eek: :mad:

I'm sick of Sharon too.
  • sarahcadhillsarahcadhill Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Letitia Dean - she must be annoyed when she reads the scripts as Sharon is not the Sharon we know from the past.

BUT she is still attention seeking when it comes to men as she did that in the past. Eg: Grant/Phil
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting sick of her too.
  • Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glowbot wrote: »
    She pouts after every line and inhales a little sharp breath, it's freaky.

It's those wide, flickering eyes for me! :eek:
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    It's not only the writers that are crap now, the actress isn't much cop these days which is the main concern. She isn't in panto anymore.