American Idol Top 5 Live Show + Results Discussion

13»

Comments

• len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    puzz wrote: »
    Fantasia wow... great song. Such a great Idol winner but never got the success her talent deserves.

Can't stop watching this !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZma25z3b2Y
  • Flower PotFlower Pot Posts: 16,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    puzz wrote: »
    Fantasia wow... great song. Such a great Idol winner but never got the success her talent deserves.
    shes extremely talented but she has a marmite voice which limits her target audience
  • I'm-a-painI'm-a-pain Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can I just say....Fantasia - WOW!!
    len112 wrote: »
    That doesn't usually go down well on DS, but I for one agree with you.
    Really? I have no idea how anyone could deny that lady's talent.

Lol, I love how music is so divisive - I can't STAND Fantasia's voice! It's just fingernails down a blackboard to me; I've felt that way every since her series of AI, I was so disappointed when she won that year!

In the current series, Candice and Amber have been my favourites from way back, with Candice edging narrowly into 1st place. Amber's verion of 'Rest of Your Life' was amazing, think she won the battle between the two of then this week.

xx
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    It's coming across in a bad way how much the judges favor Amber. It's a bit of a repeat of Joshua from last year (or was he the year before?), where they just overrate the contestant to a ridiculous level.

Quite funny because it's clear they're saving the save for her and twisting and making up the rules regarding it as they go along. There wasn't even supposed to be a save in play this week. Up until this season the save could only be used BEFORE the top five. About three weeks ago (might of been two), Ryan himself even said there was just one more week to use it. Amber placed in the bottom two a couple of times and I'm confident they themselves are genuinely only letting it last this long for her and so that they can do everything in their power to get her to the finals.

It'll be used this coming week, no doubt what so ever in my mind. Barring two unbelievable performances, I'd expect Amber as the bottom person. Angie is basically a better talent with a massive fanbase. Candice has been sensational. And I expect Kree to have quite a large backing too. Just cant for one second see Amber beating any of those three in the votes. She'll come last, do a song at the end of the show and the judges will save her. The following week she'll then be eliminated and we'll hear "I DON'T GET IT RYAN! THIS GIRLS GOT MAD SKILLS...SHE'S INCREDIBLE...I DON'T GET WHY AMERICA AREN'T GETTING HER! AMERICA GOT IT WRONG!".

Granted it goes as I expect, could be a bloody brilliant final and it really is all up for grabs. Think any of the three outside of Amber would make for brilliant winners, though it's quite obvious Angie will be the biggest thing to come out of this season.
  • Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JMTD wrote: »
    It's coming across in a bad way how much the judges favor Amber. It's a bit of a repeat of Joshua from last year (or was he the year before?), where they just overrate the contestant to a ridiculous level.

Quite funny because it's clear they're saving the save for her and twisting and making up the rules regarding it as they go along. There wasn't even supposed to be a save in play this week. Up until this season the save could only be used BEFORE the top five. About three weeks ago (might of been two), Ryan himself even said there was just one more week to use it. Amber placed in the bottom two a couple of times and I'm confident they themselves are genuinely only letting it last this long for her and so that they can do everything in their power to get her to the finals.

It'll be used this coming week, no doubt what so ever in my mind. Barring two unbelievable performances, I'd expect Amber as the bottom person. Angie is basically a better talent with a massive fanbase. Candice has been sensational. And I expect Kree to have quite a large backing too. Just cant for one second see Amber beating any of those three in the votes. She'll come last, do a song at the end of the show and the judges will save her. The following week she'll then be eliminated and we'll hear "I DON'T GET IT RYAN! THIS GIRLS GOT MAD SKILLS...SHE'S INCREDIBLE...I DON'T GET WHY AMERICA AREN'T GETTING HER! AMERICA GOT IT WRONG!".

Granted it goes as I expect, could be a bloody brilliant final and it really is all up for grabs. Think any of the three outside of Amber would make for brilliant winners, though it's quite obvious Angie will be the biggest thing to come out of this season.

Personally I can see Kree doing better than Angie. Country is massive there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kasper69 wrote: »
    Personally I can see Kree doing better than Angie. Country is massive there.

In some ways, trying to predict how well the contestants will fare after the series is just as thought provoking as who will win. What the Idol producers probably don't want you to know is that past contestants mostly end up in musical theatre!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Idol_alumni_in_film,_television_and_theater

(I particularly like the entries for Jessica Sierra).
  • allthatyouwantallthatyouwant Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so gutted that Janelle went, she was my favourite!!! My top four now are:
    1. Kree
    2. Candice
    3. Angie
    4. Amber
    I love Kree but would be happy if Candice won,she will have an amazing career regardless
  • Abigail88Abigail88 Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know the judges overrate Amber quite a lot, but I dont get the Kree love? She's great but I find her more boring than Amber. I feel like shaking her and shouting SING WOMAN.

Want Angie or Candice to win, Amber third, Kree fourth but doubt that will happen