House S8 UK Pace *Spoilers in Tags*

srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Great to see House back. Good episode, wonder how long he's been in jail? He's a bit like the woman in Murder She Wrote who wherever she goes someone gets murdered. Wherever House is someone gets some strange illness.
Wonder where this season is going. Will House go back to the hospital, or go solo?

looking forward to next ep.

Comments

• StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    I think a year has passed, they did say he was on the Run, for 2/3 weeks, as well.

Will be interesting where House goes.....But I'm sure we haven't seen the last of the Prison Doc, Jessica.....well, I hope not.;)

Great start to Season 8.:cool:
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    It was a decent opener. Better than I expected. I'm kind of in denial that the show has "jumped the shark" and as a result I'm really hoping the writers come up with some good material for this series.

Really looking forward to the next episode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed this very interesting.

I thought they said he was there for 12 months but he could be there for another 4 after this.

I was talking with a friend and we discussing whether it was out of his own selfish desire to get vicadine that was helping in the the prison hospital or he actually cared as he risked his own neck not going into protective custody to cure him.
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same old same old exactly the same as season six opening.. Yawn
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was out of the country for 3 months then came back. Got 12 months but because of over crowding up for early parol so served 8 months.

Joel's Dad if you don't like the show then stop wasting your time watching. I do it with shows I get bored with, refuse to waste anymore of my time with them.
    Forum Member
    Joel's dad wrote: »
    I liked the Mental Hospital Opener for Season 6...

But this one....ya just don't know where it's going to go Next Week.....but hopefully with Jessica.;)
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    He was out of the country for 3 months then came back. Got 12 months but because of over crowding up for early parol so served 8 months.

Joel's Dad if you don't like the show then stop wasting your time watching. I do it with shows I get bored with, refuse to waste anymore of my time with them.

I will watch if I want. Even if it is tired. I will waste my time however I choose.

But yoir right, if it continues being poor I will give it up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was really good, but it usually is when its out of the hospital, and doing something different. I think when it returns to the hospital and the rest of the regular cast, it'll quickly become a little stale again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent episode.
    As I thought and said Foreman is the new Dean.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best episode of house for years, shame its only a one off and it will be back to the same old tired format from this coming week. The jail stuff should have been stretched out for at least 2 weeks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this is probably going to be the last season. It's gone on a bit too long and for the past couple of years it just seems phoned in. Personally, aside from the odd episode, I haven't found it great viewing since the end of Season 3.

It was one of the better episodes in ages because it broke the traditional 'patient of the week' format a little. It's something the writers have failed to notice over the past couple of years, that when they do something different, the results are usually a higher quality episode.

I imagine this season will probably be even more of House being an arse. Hugh Laurie is still ace, but I'll probably be fast-forwarding through more of it as the team all come across as unlikeable, and due to contractual stuff, Wilson will be appearing even less and Cuddy is gone.
  • ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=fuzzbuzz1234;53528155]I think this is probably going to be the last season. It's gone on a bit too long and for the past couple of years it just seems phoned in. Personally, aside from the odd episode, I haven't found it great viewing since the end of Season 3.

It was one of the better episodes in ages because it broke the traditional 'patient of the week' format a little. It's something the writers have failed to notice over the past couple of years, that when they do something different, the results are usually a higher quality episode.

I imagine this season will probably be even more of House being an arse. Hugh Laurie is still ace, but I'll probably be fast-forwarding through more of it as the team all come across as unlikeable, and due to contractual stuff, Wilson will be appearing even less and Cuddy is gone.[/QUOTE]

I am sure I read somewhere, that it was the last season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of talk about this being the last season. Hugh Laurie said he would have to think carefully before he resigned for a new season. So it could be, but you never know.
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joel's dad wrote: »

Exactly what I thought. IMHO this has gone on 3 seasons too long. USTV stop just looking at international sales and licking you lips and stop renewing year by year on that basis until it is crap, cancel before. Then when quality drama comes along like Pushing Daisies you can keep that on for a season or two.

PJ
  • DxfatassDxfatass Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I imagine this season will probably be even more of House being an arse. Hugh Laurie is still ace, but I'll probably be fast-forwarding through more of it as the team all come across as unlikeable, and due to contractual stuff, Wilson will be appearing even less and Cuddy is gone.

What's this about? I'd think he'd be second only to Hugh Laurie on the pay-scale and considered untouchable in that regard, has there been something going on that I've missed?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robert Sean has a young family now and loves to do live musical theatre so he asks for less time filming each season. Thats why you see him less than in the early days.

I still enjoy House and watch.

But US tv will keep a show going if the viewing figures are bringing in the money. Look at Friends last for years after it should have died a natural death. CSI long since become totally dire and it should have ended when Grissom left but no they keep pushing it. I don't watch now. I used to get half way through an episode and wander off and watch a repeat of something else on another channel.

If Hugh Laurie says no, then it will end for sure.
  • srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good medical story this week, the lungs needing to be fixed was quite interesting.
    Great to see House and Wilson hace as friends.
    Not so good to see Foreman who has always been one of the weaker characters.

wonder if the others will be back next week...
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    srhDS wrote: »
    Good medical story this week, the lungs needing to be fixed was quite interesting.
    Great to see House and Wilson hace as friends.
    Not so good to see Foreman who has always been one of the weaker characters.

wonder if the others will be back next week...

I desperately hope the others come back!

Didn't like the episode as much as last week's. The medical side was interesting though.
    Forum Member
    Thought the Lungs in a Box episode....was good, and a great way to get House back in the Hospital....even if his Team, have all 'gone', apart from Foreman...And I'm liking Dr Chi too, but still.... I hope the 'Team' is back soon.....with Dr Jessica, from the Prison.;)
  • srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Thought the Lungs in a Box episode....was good, and a great way to get House back in the Hospital....even if his Team, have all 'gone', apart from Foreman...And I'm liking Dr Chi too, but still.... I hope the 'Team' is back soon.....with Dr Jessica, from the Prison.;)

I'm wondering if there will be a new team this year, Dr Chi, Dr Jessica and one more to be decided. The last time he had to put a team together was great. 13 and cuthroat bitch et al...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,108
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know about this site? WARNING! Huge Spoiler on the Homepage! (ie., this link) :-
    http://house.wikia.com/wiki/House_Wiki
    It's very good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,108
    Forum Member
    Doesn't Wilson look old in this series.
    Forum Member
    srhDS wrote: »
    I'm wondering if there will be a new team this year, Dr Chi, Dr Jessica and one more to be decided. The last time he had to put a team together was great. 13 and cuthroat bitch et al...
    Well for one episode {last nigh}....I thought 13 was back...But if it stays with Dr 'Jess' Adams and Dr Chi...I'll be happy, not really missing the Old Team, that much, apart from 13.

Oh yeah, great case last night, with the 'giving' Patient...a sort of Secret Millionaire.

Clinic Back to.:cool:

"You meet a Boy or a Girl"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Not convinced about Dr Chi yet she reminds me of Velma from Scooby Doo too much, just waiting for her to say "jinkies" or "my glasses".The squeaky voice doesn't help either.
  • player1player1 Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffle wrote: »
    Not convinced about Dr Chi yet she reminds me of Velma from Scooby Doo too much, just waiting for her to say "jinkies" or "my glasses".The squeaky voice doesn't help either.

How I wish you hadn't said that ..I hadn't made the connection..but you are so right. Won't be able to get rid of that mental image now. All we need is House closing each episode with "and I'd have got away with it if it hadn't been for you pesky kids"! :D