Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    When was it confirmed the girls own the name Little Mix?

Also regarding their accounts....they may not have all the details up online for obvious reasons lol.
  • EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the Fahlo app the first episode of the Japan Diaries is there!
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The girls have finally! filed their accounts.

Notice that its only thru the end of 2013 though, nevertheless I dont think the Sun will be anywhere near 2014's actuals.

not just yet! But we writing everyday to get the best single possible! :) #FahloLittleMix x leigh

@LittleMix #FahloLittleMix are you having fun writing and recording for the new album? 😊

yeah were just loving it! its been so much fun, we love writing and hopefully wel get it out to you guys ASAP! L #FahloLittleMix

Think they'll still make Nov.? As OM said if they miss a lot of their big tv promo and the Jingle Ball I wonder what kind of campaign they'll have.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    siriusrose wrote: »
    They have to release in November really though and the earlier on the better. The album market is so painful right now and they need the Christmas market, leaving it to late they'll only miss out on a huge amount of sales is the strongest time of year, there's a good reason the first week of November is the most competitive week for album releases. I am worried that we're now looking at a December release which will give them a max of 3weeks of good sales.
    There's the potential in a whole thread just on this topic alone - it's been going on for more years than I can remember.

November seems to be right - as you say, December is too late.
    The argument against the 1st week of November, however, is precisely that it's the most competitive. Why not release after the mayhem and let the others burn out early?
    There's a good argument for leaving it to the last week of November - concentrating sales and a high profile into the 3 weeks of Christmas buying. Singles traditionally go better with a late release. And don't forget, the week after Christmas is high volume as well.
    It's not an exact science, and most of it is based on how good the promotion is and sheer luck in catching the imagination.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the first of Dec. really too late? I dont know about buying patterns in the UK but most people in the US do theirs after our big Thanksgiving holiday in late Nov. and on up to Dec. 25. I'd think a music CD or gift card would be high on the list of last minute gifts.

OT: its a sad day when I can understand Jade better than Jesy. Can someone help translate the beginning before they get their food?
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=bKaLZY1AsNU
  • siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the first of Dec. really too late? I dont know about buying patterns in the UK but most people in the US do theirs after our big Thanksgiving holiday in late Nov. and on up to Dec. 25. I'd think a music CD or gift card would be high on the list of last minute gifts.
    OT: its a sad day when I can understand Jade better than Jesy. Can someone help translate the beginning before they get their food?

December sales are fantastic in the UK, usually better than November because it's so close to Christmas, but November is always strong too and imo missing out 4 or so weeks of the strongest sales period isn't a smart run, they want to be their for the full run in to Xmas, not show up half way through. They need to take advantage of as many weeks as they can.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    No single picked yet? That's not good news.

Oh, and I see the big announcement this month was a new fan club app.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is the first of Dec. really too late?
    It's the same here - the slaes pattern is very similar. However, historically Christmas single releases tend to do better in the USA if issued later.
    siriusrose wrote: »

December sales are fantastic in the UK, usually better than November because it's so close to Christmas, but November is always strong too and imo missing out 4 or so weeks of the strongest sales period isn't a smart run, they want to be their for the full run in to Xmas, not show up half way through. They need to take advantage of as many weeks as they can.
    As I said earlier - there's an unscientific balance between going too early and risking losing the spotlight as later releases steal it, and going so late you've lost sales from earlier. I had years in the music business, and it was a gamble every year on stocking a shop - every year there was stuff left over because some went to early and some too late (they tended to be the real disasters). Of course with downloads it's not quite the same now.
    There's a school of thought that January's a good month - less competition and a post-Christmas boredom. Not to mention a better chance of a good long high chart position stay. Can't see it as being better than pre-Christmas myself.
  • old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ......OT: its a sad day when I can understand Jade better than Jesy. Can someone help translate the beginning before they get their food?
    I think you're going to have to listen with your Irish ears on...:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought a new single would have been at least picked by now. It seems the girls are really struggling this time around, like they too know this is their last chance to make a huge impact. This album will determine what kind of group they will be in the next few years and they know this.

Salute came easy for them since it was a record which they wanted to do from the start and it was a lot of throwback 90s. Whereas this album they have to come with something fresh, different, appealing...which takes a lot of work to do. Some people have the talent for it where it just clicks whereas others have to work harder. It seems they are looking for that hit they just haven't produced yet.

I guess we'll just have to wait a little longer than expected.
  • DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok this made me laugh

gabriela ‏@larrystlnson 6m
    @LittleMix Describe the new album in three words

@larrystlnson not ready yet
  • Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    | elli | 15 | ‏@iAdmireLM 13 mins13 minutes ago
    @littlemix #FahloLittleMix have you choosen the first single from the new album yet 💜
    Expand Reply Retweet Favourite More

Little Mix ‏@LittleMix 12 mins12 minutes ago
    @iAdmireLM not just yet! But we writing everyday to get the best single possible! :) #FahloLittleMix x leigh

Lol, oh. Well, well.
  • siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DreC wrote: »
    Ok this made me laugh

Lol, me too!
  • luner_45luner_45 Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    DreC wrote: »
    Ok this made me laugh

Ok now that is so sad. lmao.

At this rate we should expect a TEASER of the lead single in Mid-late October,
    Lead single in late October or Early November, and the album to drop in around November. Maybe before 1D's.

It's annoying how they've been working on it since April 2014(Post Neon Lights tour), cancelled the US leg of the tour to work on the album while simultaneously taking some vacations right and left just to say "not ready yet". >:(
    Surely I thought they would've figured out the sound of it now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    luner_45 wrote: »
    to work on the album while simultaneously taking some vacations right and left just to say "not ready yet".

Now while this latest development isnt leaving me with a lot of confidence, I want to point out that their vacations arent the driving force for the delay. I have a feeling they are by-products of having to wait around for whatever.
    It seems the girls are really struggling this time around, like they too know this is their last chance to make a huge impact. This album will determine what kind of group they will be in the next few years and they know this.

This. The consequence of wanting to take the writing reins in your hands. Also the danger of being locked into the album-a-year schedule. Other artists can take whatever time is needed to develop their album, usually 2-3 years. What makes me uneasy is that for previous albums even when just starting they were all fired up and I am not sensing that right now. Hopefully that spark comes soon and coalesces everything, it often happens that way.

I did like this from Jade earlier today, maybe more reflective considering this year of setbacks:

a wee bit still our quirky old selves bit more mature, lots happened this year to write about #FahloLittleMix xxjadexx
  • AshleyRoseXAshleyRoseX Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    luner_45 wrote: »
    Ok now that is so sad. lmao.

At this rate we should expect a TEASER of the lead single in Mid-late October,
    Lead single in late October or Early November, and the album to drop in around November. Maybe before 1D's.

It's annoying how they've been working on it since April 2014(Post Neon Lights tour), cancelled the US leg of the tour to work on the album while simultaneously taking some vacations right and left just to say "not ready yet". >:(
    Surely I thought they would've figured out the sound of it now.

Why are you so concerned? :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It' funny some here were complaining about the album per year deal. Now they're taking longer than expected, everyone's so impatient.

I think it's great they're taking their time with it all. They want as much invovlement as possible.

They could easily have ghostwriters writing the whole album as some people do but they want everything to come from them.
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    I actually think they're done, if not, almost done

Emily Brookman ‏@PerriesBoho 4h4 hours ago
    @LittleMix how excited are you too realise the album? #FahloLittleMix
    Little Mix
    @LittleMix
    @PerriesBoho the most excited I've ever been #FalhoLittleMix
    ˆthat was jesy

Little Mix
    @LittleMix
    @PerksofPerrie_ We are sooo excited for the third album! We've worked so hard on making it amazing for you guys! ☺️ Perrie <
    Forum Member
    It' funny some here were complaining about the album per year deal. Now they're taking longer than expected, everyone's so impatient.

I think it's great they're taking their time with it all. They want as much invovlement as possible.

They could easily have ghostwriters writing the whole album as some people do but they want everything to come from them.
    People are just getting anxious what with the other major Syco releases already announced. Not to mention the likelihood they'll be coming out within a week of 5H.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nissl wrote: »
    People are just getting anxious what with the other major Syco releases already announced. Not to mention the likelihood they'll be coming out within a week of 5H.

Why is 5H a factor? As far as I'm concerned LM have a stronghold in the UK right now.

They have built great connections with radios stations etc. Why 5H is being brought here, I do not know.

As a rock guy/fan you should have more patience than this lol.
  • DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I hope a portion of the 'it's not finished' stuff today is about them having not completed recording rather than having empty album space where tracks should be. Plus some emphasising that the need to cancel the tour was for working on the album. MNEK tweeted he was going back in the studio with the girls this week, whether that's writing or recording I don't know.

I really want them to have a single on the radio by the end of this month, with the album out by late Nov. If it goes early Dec that would be ok but with the age of their core fanbase they need to be in the Christmas present market. And ideally have two new songs to perform at the radio station balls. Get the lead on sale mid Nov and another teed up for early Jan release through a christmas/New Year Chatty Man performance. It doesn't matter so much how they come out at end of year sales and reviews charts as long as it sells better in its first month than Salute.
  • piratapirata Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    Nissl wrote: »

Is 5H's release worldwide or US only? Because if it's not coming out in the UK and LM decides not to go for the worldwide release, it's not really going to matter much. Even if they do, LM probably has more of a fanbase in the UK to where it won't matter too much.
  • luner_45luner_45 Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    pirata wrote: »
    Is 5H's release worldwide or US only? Because if it's not coming out in the UK and LM decides not to go for the worldwide release, it's not really going to matter much. Even if they do, LM probably has more of a fanbase in the UK to where it won't matter too much.

In terms of 5H, odds are it will be an all America release date. I think Europe will have to wait a bit longer considering 5H have yet to even leave the US to focus on the European markets. I think LM should go for the Worldwide release though, they've made a mark in so many European countries and have a lil bit of American support. They should go for it. But ofc Promo and all the other artists releasing will be problematic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pirata wrote: »

I thought 5H were scheduled to release in the UK, before the album got pushed back to the beginning of Dec.

As far as getting anxious...remember the girls stated reason for canceling the US tour was to work on the album themselves and not have it done for them. If there was never a time constriction, why the need to shelve the tour (if you believe that)? They could have said "next year" and still done the tour and still not have been forced to choose about the songwriting. So I have to believe that deadline is still very real.
    not just yet! But we writing everyday to get the best single possible! #FahloLittleMix x leigh

This sounds like a hole to me.
    Forum Member
    As a rock guy/fan you should have more patience than this lol.
    It's made me used to the idea that all of the acts I like will tour forever, barring issues within the band, so the pop world is weird and scary to me. Acts just magically disappear after a setback or two.
This discussion has been closed.