Options

XFactor Ratings Crisis: Bootcamp only attracts 5.3million viewers!

Comments

• Options
    gemhudgemhud Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    I would be more worried for strictly it was the first live show.x factor was only boot camp the figures always drop for that plus A Friday night.
  • Options
    Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    The op is obssesed with the X factor ratings, he was the same last year.
    I wouldn't pay any attention to this thread, The op is just desperate.

Strictly got one of its WORST EVER RATINGS. 6.5m

The X Factor 5.85m

He's obsessed with ITV in general and can't resist gloating when their shows struggle in the ratings.

He's a troll and should really be ignored.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    Explosive? It was dumb. The whole editing was so cheap and tacky.

I found it a controversial and entertaining episode. And it was explosive. Its got everybody talking about what happened.

As for tacky and cheap editing, why are you even watching this show? The editing in the arenas has become so stupid the last few years they don't even try and hide how badly its done anymore.
  • Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you really believe that?! Of course they care about ratings, ITV is reliant on good ratings because they need it for advertising revenue! It's how they make their money!

I've seen some lame excuses for poor ratings on here in that last, but that one really takes the biscuit:D I'm sure we'll be in for some more classics next week when it's not head to head against Strictly ;-)

Except that the ratings it got are well above what the slot usually gets on ITV.

Rather than two shows a week averaging 7-8 million, they've now got two averaging 7-8 million and a third with 5-6 million, that's going to make them more money.

There's nothing really to spin as there's never been an X Factor friday episode to compare it to.
  • Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha welcome back Samuel, what will he ratings be tonight? I'm expecting 7-8 million average tbh
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    There is also the fact that less people watch TV now, full stop.

Yes, only a few years ago it was getting huge ratings; but only a few years ago, Netflix wasn't even a glimmer on the horizon, and less people were AS involved in social media etc as now, and/or youtube, ITVplayer and the like, and general TV catchup services. Less people watch TV when its shown, on a TV, and sitting through the ads now, altogether, so it was always going to be grasping in a smaller pool than in its heyday.
    Yep, I think this is the biggest reason all the US shows are losing traction over here, besides oversaturation. Why watch a manufactured TV show when you can follow actual record companies trying and failing in real time on social media and various forums?

If you're still interested in any talent the show has unearthed, just watch the hyped performances on Youtube the next day. Takes only a handful of minutes, typically. That's certainly what I'd do if I didn't find the producer manipulation interesting!

Really looking forward to someone figuring out how to make a good event out of all the amateur musical talent on Youtube. Talent shows have been with us for decades and probably always will, but the format needs to change again.
  • Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    I don't think either shows have anything to worry about. Both shows did crap in the ratings, and strictly won by it's usual margin. It's not like Strictly kept 9 million viewers and X Factor dropped to 5.
  • Options
    droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WelshNige wrote: »
    Didn't manage to avoid the forum though eh...;-)

'Cos you're real people. :)
  • Options
    DODS11DODS11 Posts: 2,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wait until next weeks final ratings to see the truer reflection. People will catch up - especially given as people will have given it publicity by complaining about it on social media last night.

It's not a very good rating at all but it's not a sign of its imminent cancellation sadly. Strictly did quite pish as well.
  • Options
    ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    I didn't even have to come onto this thread to know who had started it, your as boring and predictable as the show you continue to slag off
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maureens wrote: »
    You are spot on with this post vodka;-) i was one of the avid viewers then to miss Xfactor was unthinkable, now i can honestly say i have not watched one of this years series and the reason is because of Cheryl Tweedy ,Cole, Vir....something or other??

i knew when she was brought back(after proberly begging on her knees as her music was not selling without Cowell's promotion;-)) it would be all about "her", best laugh is did Cowell have the nerve to say with him and her back they expect figures of around 15 million??i only look at DS forums about xfactor the odd time too it really does not bother me at all, .

This ^^
  • Options
    maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    This ^^

Thank you Heavenly:) good to see we dont only agree on Big Brother related things, we must be on the same wavelength;-)
  • Options
    noelw1969noelw1969 Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was always going to struggle, but quite frankly this is embarrassing for ITV and Cowell. Yes Strictly and Gogglebox dented it, but come on, getting below 6 million is a disaster for a show that used to pulled in 16 million viewers! I can't believe some posters are trying to put a positive spin on it!:o

This is absolutely bang on. XF bosses would not have cared less for ratings of other shows but only that XF beat those shows. Viewing figures are everything and if XF cannot beat Strictly when that show apparently did so badly, then how is XF gonna survive ?

Looks like Cowell is already failing to breathe new life into this show and there is no doubt that from everything I am reading, the show is becoming more of a farce than ever it was. I think this show has now officially had its day and needs taking off our screens once the current series is done.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maureens wrote: »
    Thank you Heavenly:) good to see we dont only agree on Big Brother related things, we must be on the same wavelength;-)

Not sure if that's a good or bad thing but you're welcome ;-):D
  • Options
    pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "@TVRatingsUK: Yesterday's #Strictly was 930,000 down on last year's equivalent episode, #TheXFactor up 20,000."

Not looking so good for Strictly is it?
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    pjh8 wrote: »
    "@TVRatingsUK: Yesterday's #Strictly was 930,000 down on last year's equivalent episode, #TheXFactor up 20,000."

I think SCD will suffer from the lack of Brucie and the lineup seems to lack something, and may take a while to hit it's stride. As for a 20k increase, that is barely measurable and is hardly a ratings success story is it?

What is apparent, that this year there is even less attempt at producing a "talent" show and just another scripted reality series with casting auditions for parts to be played rather than talent, back stories hidden or fabricated and even more manipulation than usual. If that's your bag, then watch it, but for goodness sake do not be fooled into thinking that "judges" judge or mentor, they are merely higher paid cast members.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Strictly had a million more viewers? It beat the X Factor, but don't let that get in the way of a good bit of spin eh;-)

Sometimes I wonder if some of you are working for Cowell?
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People are just fed up with the way the whole thing is fixed and staged. Nothing genuine about the programme at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strictly had a million more viewers? It beat the X Factor, but don't let that get in the way of a good bit of spin eh;-)

Sometimes I wonder if some of you are working for Cowell?

Strictly had 0.2 million more viewers as opposed to having over 1.5 million more last year and they were up against X Factor's lowest rated stage of the competition.Lol it's funny at how all Strictly fans were gloating making threads about X Factor rating lower than it's previous series but are very quiet today!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strictly had 0.2 million more viewers as opposed to having over 1.5 million more last year and they were up against X Factor's lowest rated stage of the competition.Lol it's funny at how all Strictly fans were gloating making threads about X Factor rating lower than it's previous series but are very quiet today!

Where all these gloating threads then? :confused: I can't see them, only this one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where all these gloating threads then? :confused: I can't see them, only this one.

SamuelW has made four threads about X Factor since it started this year and it hasn't even been on a month
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The musical chairs farce has done nothing to enhance the show either, other than to cause further distress when they have their hopes dashed. Would be far better to just let them do their auditions, and choose the best acts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamuelW has made four threads about X Factor since it started this year and it hasn't even been on a month

So it's actually just one person starting these threads and not lots of deranged Strictly fans coming in here to gloat?;-)

BTW, I don't think SamuelW is a Strictly fan and I've never seen him post in the Strictly forum, I think he's more of an ITV disliker in general.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it's actually just one person starting these threads and not lots of deranged Strictly fans coming in here to gloat?;-)

BTW, I don't think SamuelW is a Strictly fan and I've never seen him post in the Strictly forum, I think he's more of an ITV disliker in general.

Unfortunately for ye that troll represents Strictly fans on the XF forum as he never leaves it :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately for ye that troll represents Strictly fans on the XF forum as he never leaves it :p

Probably best to just ignore his threads then ;-)

I still don't think he's a fan of Strictly, for whatever reason he doesn't like ITV and revels in any misfortune they have.

Edit: I've just been in the ratings thread, how old are these people?! Arguing like kids over how many viewers a TV show gets.