Options

Help! Can't send texts on new O2 Simplicity contract!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,259
Forum Member
Pretty informative title eh?

Well I've been on O2 PAYG for over a month now after changing from Orange but it had always been my intention to switch to a simplicity contract.

I chose the 600 hours, 600 txts one and chose the Unlimited texts as my bolt on.

This was about 8 hours ago and while I can make/receive calls and receive texts, I just get an error message when I try to send a text (same as I got when I ran out of credit on PAYG).

I've been through all the O2 online help and none of it really helps. Wasn't too impressed by their claim on 24/7 help either, assuming it refers to their website (which presumably is always online anyway).

My service centre is set to +447802000332, which is the correct one for pay monthly so I'm pretty stumped. :(

Anyone able to offer any advice?

Comments

• Options
    AppleseedAppleseed Posts: 3,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was 600 mins and 1000 texts plus a choice of bolt on? Anyway, i'm sure CS is still open and to be fair they are really the only ones who can resolve it. 08442 020202 (or you may be able to use www.saynoto0870.co.uk to find an alternative 'free' number)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,259
    Forum Member
    Appleseed wrote: »
    I thought it was 600 mins and 1000 texts plus a choice of bolt on? Anyway, i'm sure CS is still open and to be fair they are really the only ones who can resolve it. 08442 020202 (or you may be able to use www.saynoto0870.co.uk to find an alternative 'free' number)
    http://shop.o2.co.uk/sim-only-simplicity
    Mine is the 600, which seems to be 600txts in store but 1200 online... hmm... doesn't bother me though as I chose the unlimited texts bolt on anyway.

Well I was coming back just to say that I seem to be able to send texts now, although my balance says I have 19mins and 19 txts left to send until the 24th - so I'm guessing thats the remaining balance from my PAYG account (£1 something). Presumably my contract starts on the 24th.

Apparently the phonelines are only open til 8 on Saturdays.
    Thanks for your help anyway. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Chief wrote: »
    http://shop.o2.co.uk/sim-only-simplicity
    Mine is the 600, which seems to be 600txts in store but 1200 online... hmm... doesn't bother me though as I chose the unlimited texts bolt on anyway.

Well I was coming back just to say that I seem to be able to send texts now, although my balance says I have 19mins and 19 txts left to send until the 24th - so I'm guessing thats the remaining balance from my PAYG account (£1 something). Presumably my contract starts on the 24th.

Apparently the phonelines are only open til 8 on Saturdays.
    Thanks for your help anyway. :)

Did you keep your old number? It can sometimes take up to 24 hours after a number transfer for all services to be up and running again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,503
    Forum Member
    The Chief wrote: »
    although my balance says I have 19mins and 19 txts left to send until the 24th - so I'm guessing thats the remaining balance from my PAYG account (£1 something). Presumably my contract starts on the 24th.

On contract you are charged your line rental in advance. So to save you getting charged 2 lots of line rental at the end of your first month, they usually bill you after a short time. You will probably find that your 19 texts and minutes are pro rated for the period between you taking out the contract and your first bill. You should get your full allowance from that bill.