Options

Andy Parsons Thing.

ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Disappointing, few laughs, stilted delivery, poorly structured, no narrative, too earnestly Political and strangely muted.

He's good in short bursts on MTW, but I'd want my money back if I had been in the audience.

Comments

• Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Haven't watched it yet. Will wait until I have a few drinks and put it on in the background whist watching sport or something.

His first live dvd was similar to how you described this one. I don't think he's a natural standup. He's a comedy writer and does well in his role on MtW. He atleast keeps some satire in the show.
  • Options
    Kazz_xKazz_x Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched his Great Britain on or something like that coz I enjoyed him on MTW.... but wow, doing a full stand up set... not so enjoyable. Couldn't watch that again. Only plus was how he filmed the audience as they were arriving privately... then showed funny parts back and took the mick out the audience.
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    . I don't think he's a natural standup.

Evidentley. He spent most of the time sat down! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disappointing, few laughs, stilted delivery, poorly structured, no narrative, too earnestly Political and strangely muted.

He's good in short bursts on MTW, but I'd want my money back if I had been in the audience.

You seem to have summed it up just about right. It wasn't pretty.