Options

The Bill's 30th anniversary - proposal for it to return for a special

Comments

• Options
    wiliamwonderwiliamwonder Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    :D
    Jackman77 wrote: »
    I got in touch with freemantle about this - it does seem like ITV jumped the gun in sending out that email. I'm told we should expect news by the end of the month! Very exciting!

Wow I'm very excited! I just read on another forum about this happening too! Definitely worth supporting this and seeing what news we hear over the next few weeks. :D
  • Options
    tubzy2001tubzy2001 Posts: 1,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jackman77 wrote: »
    I got in touch with freemantle about this - it does seem like ITV jumped the gun in sending out that email. I'm told we should expect news by the end of the month! Very exciting!

Did you not ready my post, email from ITV saying there was no plans, i would'nt get your hopes up
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    tubzy2001 wrote: »
    Did you not ready my post, email from ITV saying there was no plans, i would'nt get your hopes up

Yes - did you not read mine? ITV sent me an email saying they had plans. They shouldn't have said that because it's not been confirmed yet. So they've had to backtrack for now until something is actually signed, etc. But there is substance to this and Freemantle say by the end of the month we should know more.
  • Options
    ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV sent me an email yesterday saying that they currently had no details about The Bill returning but to keep an eye on the ITV website where they would be updated if the situation changed. This certainly sounds less dismissive than I've previously heard from them!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Keep an ever close eye on that website the nearer we get to the end of April I'd say...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What do you know?!
  • Options
    Ken TunKen Tun Posts: 1,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We didn’t get the episode listed in the SKY EPG today, the first of a 3-parter called “Moving Target”. Instead we skipped forward 3 episodes to “Love, Lies and Limos”. I checked on the Watch website and it confirms the omission so that seems to be that, despite SKY still promising “Moving Targets 2-3” over the next few weekdays.

Worse is to come next week. According to the Watch listings, having skipped forward, the run then continues in sequence up to next Thursday when they are showing “Assault on Sun Hill Part 1” but on Friday they are missing out “Assault on Sun Hill Part 2” and going straight on to the next story! Can you believe it?
  • Options
    FreddiePFreddieP Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Ken Tun wrote: »
    We didn’t get the episode listed in the SKY EPG today, the first of a 3-parter called “Moving Target”. Instead we skipped forward 3 episodes to “Love, Lies and Limos”. I checked on the Watch website and it confirms the omission so that seems to be that, despite SKY still promising “Moving Targets 2-3” over the next few weekdays.

Worse is to come next week. According to the Watch listings, having skipped forward, the run then continues in sequence up to next Thursday when they are showing “Assault on Sun Hill Part 1” but on Friday they are missing out “Assault on Sun Hill Part 2” and going straight on to the next story! Can you believe it?

I believe they did this last time around too, as the content couldn't be shown at that time of day.

Shame the Watch forum has gone now other we could have asked them.

I will probably catch up with the missing ones on You Tube.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FreddieP wrote: »
    I believe they did this last time around too, as the content couldn't be shown at that time of day.

Shame the Watch forum has gone now other we could have asked them.

I will probably catch up with the missing ones on You Tube.
    Thanks. I wondered about violence/adult content etc. If that is the reason surely it would make better sense not to show the first half?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should start from Woodentop

I would love it if they did air this programme

That era is all available on DVD and I recently bought the first three series for £10 a series. I'm surprised how "un-PC" a lot of it was and I suspect many episodes would fail to comply with current broadcasting sensibilities so we may not be seeing them on TV any time soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks. I wondered about violence/adult content etc. If that is the reason surely it would make better sense not to show the first half?

Moving Target can't be shown I believe because George Galloway filed a legal complaint against The Bill for claiming a politician (who in the storyline turned out to be corrupt) was based on him! These episodes are available on YouTube though. I've watched them all this week as a way of defying what happened. :p

Assault on Sun Hill part 2 wasn't shown either last time as said. I remember because I was really looking forward to watching it again! I suppose you could say they'd be better off just not showing part 1 although I guess there might be scenes in that episode that people do want to see. As far as I recall there wasn't anything that awful in the second one. I do think at times everything's a bit soft with these regulations - The Bill's not exactly the darkest TV show. If they can't show it then couldn't they at least put it on a post-watershed evening slot as a one-off? Even if it's 1 in the morning at least people have the option of recording it. Mind you maybe we should be grateful - the 2nd live episode was one of my favourites ever when I saw it on ITV, but the editing on Watch is awful!! It will be interesting to see what Watch do once we reach the episodes that were broadcast post-watershed on ITV1 - I don't think they've ever yet been shown?
  • Options
    tubzy2001tubzy2001 Posts: 1,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes they have shown the 9pm revamp on watch mores the pity
  • Options
    wiliamwonderwiliamwonder Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Yeah I'm in no rush to watch 9pm again! Interesting to see what this news is going to be!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Readingfan wrote: »
    Moving Target can't be shown I believe because George Galloway filed a legal complaint against The Bill for claiming a politician (who in the storyline turned out to be corrupt) was based on him! These episodes are available on YouTube though.

Thanks. Reports of Galloway's complaint are readily available if Googled but I can find nothing about the outcome. Did it ever go to court and if so, what was the ruling, or was it settled before it got that far?

Having since watched the episodes I can only say that any possible connection with Galloway, of whom (unfortunately) I'm more aware than most I imagine, would never have occurred to me in a million years, but there were a couple of violent moments which I can see might have been a bit much for daytime TV and would have been difficult to edit out by judicious use of the sudden commercial break as so often happens in other episodes.
  • Options
    Bonesy84Bonesy84 Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    Currently making my way through series 9 (1993)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is series 9 one of the ones from Australia? I think they're releasing DVDs in Britain from 1990 though soon!

Not sure how the Galloway thing ended. I don't remember anything being publicised so it might well have been settled privately. To be honest I don't think the Moving Target episodes are the best although having not seen them since 2007 it was nice watching them again last week!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I note that YouTube have now terminated access to "Best Bill Episodes Ever" because of complaints from the programme owners, so watching "Assault on Sun Hill Part 2" there is no longer an option. Curses, as I was waiting to see it until after Part 1 had gone out on Watch this morning. I wish now I'd watched it on YouTube last week when I had the chance.

It all seems a bit "dog-in-the-manger" to me. They won't show it when its turn comes round on TV and it's not even available to buy on DVD, as far as I can tell.

Miserable sods!
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    It's funny that George Galloway whose always spouting off about being for the people and peoples rights etc, should get so bent out of shape over a soap on TV
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I note that YouTube have now terminated access to "Best Bill Episodes Ever" because of complaints from the programme owners, so watching "Assault on Sun Hill Part 2" there is no longer an option. Curses, as I was waiting to see it until after Part 1 had gone out on Watch this morning. I wish now I'd watched it on YouTube last week when I had the chance.

It all seems a bit "dog-in-the-manger" to me. They won't show it when its turn comes round on TV and it's not even available to buy on DVD, as far as I can tell.

Miserable sods!

I am so glad I watched these on Monday & Tuesday, do we know why they have removed them?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so glad I watched these on Monday & Tuesday, do we know why they have removed them?

Multiple complaints about copyright infringement, or some such. The links are still there so if you click on one you can see the notice for yourself. The "Copyrighted material" section of the main Wiki article about YouTube casts further light. It's the way of the future apparently.
  • Options
    bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Miserable sods!

Anyone know why after five week the series 1 has ground to a halt? Seems this week they put on episode 6 but it was episode 5 :confused:
    Hope normal service next week
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah Youtube is a bit all over the place. It will be interesting to see how much of the show is put up on the YouTube channel. It's all very well saying that people don't have the rights to put them up (which of course is true) but it's not as if the episodes from later on are easily available in the UK. At least if they're up then you'll have people continue to talk about the show/new viewers get a chance to watch.

On which note, we're nearing the end of the month now! Any more news regarding a possible announcement that was hinted at? Might have to get back in touch with ITV to see if there's any fresh news!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Readingfan wrote: »
    On which note, we're nearing the end of the month now! Any more news regarding a possible announcement that was hinted at? Might have to get back in touch with ITV to see if there's any fresh news!

They are selling off the Sun Hill signs on Ebay at the moment, so unless they will make new ones and change locations, I'm not sure anything is going to happen.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221218067651?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

But you never know :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are selling off the Sun Hill signs on Ebay at the moment, so unless they will make new ones and change locations, I'm not sure anything is going to happen.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221218067651?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

But you never know :)

virtual reality set :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you tube...no season 1 episode,,,again