Sherlock - BBC Drama (Part 3)

Comments

• aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He won't answer because, like Moff ironically enough, he doesn't know.

The Moff gets away with this because he's a BBC pet. The fact is, an entire series has been and gone with no real beginning, middle or end, disappointing millions of viewers, all in the name of showing off for the American networks.

Sad that both Sherlock and Who have been prostituted by the BBC to the lowest ability most desperate hack.

If it wasn't for Moffat there wouldn't be Sherlock.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Semierotic wrote: »
    As long as series 4 doesn't follow suit, I'm fine with series 3 being the anomaly in that regard.

But if in 3 episodes Moff has answered barely anything, I wouldn't hold your breath.
  • eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carry on! I enjoyed an amazing ninety minutes of TV! I'm happy!

Good..that's better.

And perhaps if we cut out the extremes at either end of the spectrum we can have a sensible discussion about the pros and cons of the show.
  • AJ1000AJ1000 Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Does this mean that the real ending to the fall was the sherlock and moriarty kissing one?
  • tallulahulatallulahula Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    :) I enjoyed that
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, if you actually read the posts, a large, not small, number of fans, not "fans", are criticising his work because it isn't actually very good. They have no interest in him outside of this.

No. There are a number praising his work and a number criticising his work...then there are a number who quite clearly have some irrational vendetta against him.
  • 5panky5panky Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    I found it excellent tonight. Some people don't like it though and that's natural. All acts of creativity will divide people.

That said I do get the feeling that some slag it off purely in some misguided hope that it somehow makes them more intelligent though. I'm not tarnishing all or even most with that brush but it's pretty clear their are agendas at work with some of the comments on here.

I agree, I think this show should be applauded for being brave with its approach not picked apart. If you want to watch something that signposts everything for you then see Agents Of Shield.
  • AlexiRAlexiR Posts: 22,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meanwhile can I suggest that part of the reason there was no definitive 'this is how he did it' presented for Sherlock's survival is because that'll also play into how Moriarty also survived? And of course its worth mentioning that we don't actually know that Moriarty did survive.
    Simon Cowell makes a fair bit of money for ITV but he still produces s**te.
    You might not rate it but several million people completely disagree with you. My point was that perhaps the BBC don't care about fanboys demands for Moffat's head because in metrics that actually matter his shows are incredibly popular and show no signs of slowing down and given that they don't feel the need to interfere in them.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? Imagination again?

What a great episode of TV I enjoyed tonight. I would be feeling sorry for anyone who didn't enjoy it. Must be such a let down.
  • storm818storm818 Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a discussion forum not an appreciation thread, so if you don't like it tough luck.

Yep it is tough luck that you spent 4.5 hours of your life watching a show you clearly don't enjoy and then spend even more time trying to critique it. I feel pity more than anything else..
  • The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well you said you didn't watch last week and you commented plenty on that.

I just hope Moffat has a few restraining orders out because some people are obsessed.

No I made no comments on last week's episode. You do remind me of your hero, you keep making things up as you go along. And I agree, you do seem to have an unhealthy obsession with Moffat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon Cowell makes a fair bit of money for ITV but he still produces s**te.

I wonder if Saladfingers only believes that viewing/sales figures = worth? That makes 1Direction better than the Beatles and KitKats better than caviar.
  • eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AJ1000 wrote: »
    Does this mean that the real ending to the fall was the sherlock and moriarty kissing one?

Yes because, as per the big clue at the end of this show, Sherlock is actually a woman.
  • denddend Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was OK, but not as good as the previous two episodes. Mary as some sort of CIA / super assassin just diddnt make much sense to me at all. Not sure why but it just put me off this episode big time, despite Magnusson's great villan part.

Oh well, its still by far one of the best shows on TV for me.
  • DragonicDragonic Posts: 2,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eggshell wrote: »
    I pity you...you spend more time attacking others opinions..It's successful..nobodies thoughts on here are going to affect it.

What are you so scared of. ?

Isn't it interesting that attacks on people with problems with it far outweigh attacks on people for liking it.

Exactly, I don't get what Saladfingers problem is.

If EVERYONE had the same opinion the world will be a boring place. Just because someone posts something about a show you love that is no reason to go on a full rant and attack them.

I enjoyed the episode, but was dissapointed with Series 3 as a whole, does that make mean i'm grouped in the group that saladfingers mentioned, I hope not xD
  • pollaxedpollaxed Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    storm818 wrote: »
    You of course are entitled to your opinion but to prefer Elementary to Sherlock is just poor, in every sense of the word.

And of course you are entitled to your opinion but I choose to be entertained by Elementary and not patronised by the oh so clever clogs Sherlock, Moffat and Gattiss. I haven't fallen for the 'if you don't like it you don't get it' mentality. I get it very well and it bores me.

By the way, the scruffy bloke at Christmas with Colonel Lake out of 'UFO' - that's the other brother, obviously.
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But if in 3 episodes Moff has answered barely anything, I wouldn't hold your breath.

The thing is I just want the show to get back to the meat and potatoes of episode-long mystery solving. If Moriarty's presence allows for that then great, but I don't care how he came back from the dead because I know the answer (if we're even told it) will be stupid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Semierotic wrote: »
    The thing is I just want the show to get back to the meat and potatoes of episode-long mystery solving. If Moriarty's presence allows for that then great, but I don't care how he came back from the dead because I know the answer (if we're even told it) will be stupid.

Me too! :)
  • MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A friend of mine posted on Facebook that the next series will be in 4 or 5 years time, I hope it is before then
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    If Appledore was such a threat to everyone why didn't they just send James Bond (government assassin) in to take Magnusson out?

Because they were after his vaults. They thought he had a store of secrets that might come out if they murdered him.
  • AlexiRAlexiR Posts: 22,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course Moffat hasn't written all three episodes. The first one (which was supposed to answer the question of how Sherlock survived) was actually written by the show's co-creator and other executive producer Mark Gatiss. Its probably safe to assume Moffat isn't busy rewriting him and telling him what to write.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AlexiR wrote: »
    Of course Moffat hasn't written all three episodes. The first one (which was supposed to answer the question of how Sherlock survived) was actually written by the show's co-creator and other executive producer Mark Gatiss. Its probably safe to assume Moffat isn't busy rewriting him and telling him what to write.

But he must require a lot of specific content to fit in with his never-ending plot threads. He is very controlling.
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loobs40 wrote: »
    Anyone think Sherlock made the Moriarty video himself? He may have known that they'd bring him back to England to 'solve the mystery', thereby getting rid of his worst enemy and at the same time receiving no punishment. So although we did not see a 'clever' thought out plan to finish Magnussen, Sherlock had it all under control.

Its the only explanation !!!! Wouldn't there have been a missing body on the roof, they are not that thick surely to miss an actual brains blown out body on a roof !!!

On the one hand the whole thing tonight was very elaborate, very imaginative, very clever…. On the other hand and of course its all personal taste….. it made me appreciate the joy of A Study in Pink etc…. ten times more.

Did I hear it right…. that Molly's engagement is off. Did Sherlock say that to her ten seconds before she slapped the gob off him !! So glad…. far prefer Molly in the background being totally gorgeous, lovable, wonderful and loving Sherlock to bits !!

Roll on S4 !
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just found most of the 'twists' really obvious in advance: e.g. Mary being the one threatening Magnusson in his office (it was obvious from the moment Watson mentioned 'Clair de Lune' being her perfume). It was obvious that it was Watson listening in on the conversation with Sherlock and Mary and not a dummy of Sherlock. Just obvious stuff that barely held my interest.
    I am obviously in the wrong here but I thought Sherlock Holmes was meant to be a detective that solved crimes. I didn't think he was meant to be involved in all of the crimes in some way or other.

Me, too.

loobs40 wrote: »
    Anyone think Sherlock made the Moriarty video himself? He may have known that they'd bring him back to England to 'solve the mystery', thereby getting rid of his worst enemy and at the same time receiving no punishment. So although we did not see a 'clever' thought out plan to finish Magnussen, Sherlock had it all under control.

Possibly.
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    I wonder what was so awful about Mary's past in the end.

Took some gumption for John to gulp that down! When dating, mum very nearly dumped Dad because he had uncultivated table manners!