Comments

• Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My first Rodeo kill:

https://youtu.be/KEUgjMsuC6g
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Iv'e decided to stop playing this, i fancied a game today but i'm going to hold off now until the full game hits.

Iv'e even booked in a couple of days off work for the occasion.:blush:

Best moment so far:

Was fighting against another Titan with my Titan and we both ejected at the same time. What followed was me and another guy having an aerial shoot-out with me getting the upper hand and taking him out before either of us hit the floor.I hit the floor and was instantly stepped on by an enemy titan before i knew what was happening.
  • seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cant wait to get this for the 360 , it's the only reason I didn't trade it in when I got my PS4.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awesome! :D You should have recorded it! :)

I won't have time to play tonight, and I'm not sure if I'll play tomorrow. I may just wait for final, like you.

Something I saw last night that I thought was cool was someone in a Titan meleeing another Titan when it was doomed... they ripped the Pilot out!
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    Awesome! :D You should have recorded it! :)

I tried!

"xbox Record that"

Xbox go back

No! "Xbox Record that"

Xbox go back

"X-BOX RE-CORD-THAT"

Xbox go back

"f**k it!"

:blush::(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, Kinect :(

If only the X1 had a share/record button on the controller, like the PS4, so you didn't have to shout at it...
    Forum Member
    Has anyone come across this burn card?

http://imgur.com/xfVImj0

I hope there are more like this in e final game, might make bots more useful.
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    Gamers are obsessed with 1080p vs 720p and sales figures these days. I very rarely see fanboy wars over exclusive DLC.

Gamers will never stop bitching, i have 3 hobbies that i frequent dedicated forums of and gaming has by far the worse community of them all, so much so that iv'e questioned if i want to carry on playing multi-player games and discussing gaming on forums .I've never seen a group of people mock and insult each other so much when they have the same core interests. I think it comes down to maturity level as a good majority of gamers are of a young age.

I hope i'm not imagining things, but isn't there a statistic out there that says the biggest gaming demographic is men in thier 30's? Maybe they just aren't online. Does anybody else remember this or am I making it up lol.
    Forum Member
    Jenny1986 wrote: »
    I hope i'm not imagining things, but isn't there a statistic out there that says the biggest gaming demographic is men in thier 30's? Maybe they just aren't online. Does anybody else remember this or am I making it up lol.

I'm talking 'hardcore' gamers,

I know a lot of men in their 30s that game (im one of them!) but very few follow the scene, post on forums, keep up to date on what studio is doing what etc etc. Most of them are casuals.
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jokerz wrote: »
    Good fun game. Had a few rounds on PC and its very fast paced and also I found it to be well balanced. Deffo buying it and shopto.net have reduced the price of the PC version to 33 quid which is good.

Reason to own an XBox1? Nah, you can play it on a PC with an I3 and a sub 100 quid graphics card at good settings according to digital foundry.

However if you have an XB1 or 360 or even a PC that can play it I wholeheartedly recommend this game!

Glad you like it mate :)
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is this game like neon genesis evangellion, pacific rim or gundam wing?
  • Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having real good fun with this game now.

I can't wait to try out other Titans once the game launches, try out the other maps etc etc.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    When's the beta ending?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    When's the beta ending?

supposed to the tonight mate. 6pm PST

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/titanfall-beta-period-ends-february-19/
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would of actually liked to have tested this even though I'm not a fan of all this Mech nonsense :D

It might change me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would of actually liked to have tested this even though I'm not a fan of all this Mech nonsense :D

It might change me.

get on to Origin and get it downloaded then mate. It's an awesome Beta :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!...sob:cry::cry::cry:

Oh well will have to wait for a few weeks until I get my grubby hands on the full game!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!...sob:cry::cry::cry:

Oh well will have to wait for a few weeks until I get my grubby hands on the full game!

here's hoping the beta is extended tho :) until the game launches would be good lol
    Forum Member

Bugger.

Not home until tomorrow night. Was hoping for one more quick blast before the shutters come down.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    Bugger.

Not home until tomorrow night. Was hoping for one more quick blast before the shutters come down.

Just been confirmed on 'Twitter' that the beta will end at 6pm PST although a patch is being applied and if it works, the beta will remain open for another few hours but if it fails, then the beta will end.
  • Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just been confirmed on 'Twitter' that the beta will end at 6pm PST although a patch is being applied and if it works, the beta will remain open for another few hours but if it fails, then the beta will end.

thats a good 9 hours for us lot though :):D, enough time to drop a Titan or two, lol
    Forum Member
    Ah well. Given how much time I expect to be ploughing into this come March, I guess the beta ending at least gives me the chance to finish up a few other games in the meantime.
  • Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It might change me.

I was of the same opinion as you. Actually playing it though changed my views dramatically.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was of the same opinion as you. Actually playing it though changed my views dramatically.

He did have a look for the Beta on Origin but it's been taken down.
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    I'm talking 'hardcore' gamers,

I know a lot of men in their 30s that game (im one of them!) but very few follow the scene, post on forums, keep up to date on what studio is doing what etc etc. Most of them are casuals.

When steam came out and after TF2 hit, the community was one of the best. Sure you had the odd moron, but for the most part it was helpful and happy. Steam also only had CC payments, so it filtered out a lot of the younger types.

Once the steam wallet came out and you can buy top ups from a shop (much liek you would a mobile pay as you go phone), it went down hill rather fast.

Also, the game in question will also guide the community a lot as well. Mount and Blade has THE best community bar none, to the point where people know each other and help is almost always at hand. Modding scene is immense for that game as well. But then when you go to say a CoD game, its a cess pit of relentless racial slurs and for some reason people playing music down their microphones.

Most generic games (shooters have a real tendency to be utterly bland) attract that kind of player more.

Also the way in which you interact is a big thing. Killing Floor is co-op only, and people are often very friendly and helpful. Fifa on the other hand likes to pit players against each other, and so it naturally creates a more negative vibe.

Thats how I see it anyway, could all just be a mystery.