Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    balls
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Balls indeed.
    Forum Member
    Sandro's got a touch of the Juan Sebastián Verón's about him this evening.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rather random comment about a sniper :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never thought I'd ever say these words but this game is crying out for lewis holtby
    Forum Member
    I actually think Holtby's got potential, and would keep him even as a squad player.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. and this game needs his running and enthusiasm.

and there we go :)
    Forum Member
    Ha, I was just about to say Pochettino might want them all in for a bit of extra shooting practice and bosh.

Fair play to Kane, I like the fact he still gives it a go even after a few stray efforts. Still not totally sold on him but it's early days of course,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fairly unspectacular first half. nobody really stood out other than probably kane and possibly davies.

sandro was getting better as the half went on i thought

we should go through but i suppose stranger things have happened !
    Forum Member
    We are Spurs, stranger things often seem to happen!

Yeah pretty much agree with your summary. They'll have to take the game to us now which might open them up a bit. I'll happily take a goalless 2nd half but won't complain if we smash a few more in of course.. ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nice :)

well worked
    Forum Member
    Paulinho's been pretty average but he knows where the back of the net is.

Nicely done.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this goes in and it's game set and match
    Forum Member
    Decent pen. Comfortable now... (famous last words)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and that's that then :)
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do spurs fans think they go the distance in this, can't see it, there are a lot of strong teams in this this season.

That is before the champions league drop outs arrive
    Forum Member
    Not yet back to glory glory, but that'll do just fine.

Until next time Spurs fans, er I mean Spurs fan! :)
  • knickerlesscageknickerlesscage Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great result. Job done - roll on the weekend :)

Tonight confirmed to me I would not be particularly bothered if we sold Townsend, Lennon & Dembele. Think we are best to keep Naughton for the minute, would be happy to keep Paulinho and see how he does when up to speed with Pochs style and I do not want to lose Sandro.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Do spurs fans think they go the distance in this, can't see it, there are a lot of strong teams in this this season.

That is before the champions league drop outs arrive

I'll be happy if we can at least give it a good go.
    Great result. Job done - roll on the weekend :)

Tonight confirmed to me I would not be particularly bothered if we sold Townsend, Lennon & Dembele. Think we are best to keep Naughton for the minute, would be happy to keep Paulinho and see how he does when up to speed with Pochs style and I do not want to lose Sandro.

Sums it up quite well actually. Against weaker opposition, the likes of Townsend, Lennon and Dembele should be standing out but I saw nothing of note - Dembele in particular, again, was particularly poor and seemed to be making no end of mistakes.

I suppose if Poch is going to stick with the 4-2-3-1 system, it essentially eliminates the need for traditional wide men, so you could, arguably, afford to move Lennon and Townsend on.

We do, unfortunately though, need some replacements though so we may well be stuck with them for now.
    AOTB wrote: »
    Until next time Spurs fans, er I mean Spurs fan! :)

Heh .. the thread wasn't exactly teeming :). although, for my sins, i actually fell asleep and missed the end of the game !

Reading that Wellbeck seems to be being considered as a loan option ..
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Comfortable win in the end. I had a horrible feeling we were going to make a meal of it. Lloris excepted, that very much confirms who the second string is in Poch's pecking order

Only Friday and Monday left of the transfer window!!
  • feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daily mail reckons "No manager in Tottenham’s history had won his first four games but Mauricio Pochettino has now done it". Is that correct?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    feckit wrote: »
    Daily mail reckons "No manager in Tottenham’s history had won his first four games but Mauricio Pochettino has now done it". Is that correct?

I've had a nose around some stat sites and they all seem to concentrate on win percentages and games played overall - can't find anything about individual runs of games to back that up at the moment - it's an interesting claim though.

I suspect Tim Sherwood will claim he won his first five games though :D
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4 wins against poor to average teams doesn't mean a whole lot. If we manage to beat Liverpool (a big if) then I might start to think we are going to have a v.decent season as they (with Suarez gone), are probably our benchmark.
  • knickerlesscageknickerlesscage Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    4 wins against poor to average teams doesn't mean a whole lot. If we manage to beat Liverpool (a big if) then I might start to think we are going to have a v.decent season as they (with Suarez gone), are probably our benchmark.

Very true. Though these are the teams that last year we would have made a real meal of things against. So for us to have gotten the wins, at times in a comfortable fashion it does seem to bode well.

But yes, Liverpool will be our first real test, and look at our potential for the season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, agree with all this. It's great to get off to a flyer and nice to be sitting at the top of the table, but it's still far too early to form any definitive opinions.

Obviously after battering Liverpool 6-0 on Sunday, we'll be installed as odds-on favourites for the title and most likely the Champions League, regardless of if we're in it or not .. *cough* :D

Apparently we're in Pot 1 for the EL draw. Celtic are in Pot 2 and Everton Pot 3. I would assume we can't be drawn in the same group as Celtic or Everton though ?.
This discussion has been closed.