Arsenal Supporters Thread (Part 15)

Comments

• NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    Elyan wrote: »
    I think his agent is trying to prize more money out of Real Madrid.

Falcao must be on a mint at Monaco. All tax free too.

He will most definately have to lower his demands to play for us.

RM have supposedly ended their interest in him according to the Spanish press paving the way for him to sign for us

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/122566/real-madrid-reject-offer-to-sign-radamel-falcao/
  • ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    james2018 wrote: »
    His agent sounds like an absolute t***

Best mates with Mourinho.

Birds of a feather.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,718
    Forum Member
    This sounds like the Suarez situation last year, the player toying with us in order to force a move to Real or Barca, don't see it coming off in our favour.
    Forum Member
    He will most definately have to lower his demands to play for us.

RM have supposedly ended their interest in him according to the Spanish press paving the way for him to sign for us

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/122566/real-madrid-reject-offer-to-sign-radamel-falcao/

Could be to do with Monaco trying to fix their FFP situation. If that is the case we could get away with a loan deal just to get his wages off their books.

If you combine the fee (circa £30-£40m I guess) and his wages of around £150k a week, it's a big gamble for a player who is recovering from a serious injury.
    Forum Member
    Allegedly if we take him on loan part of the fee covers his wages which works in are favour as he'll get his salary in Monaco tax free.
    Forum Member
    Jack1 wrote: »
    Allegedly if we take him on loan part of the fee covers his wages which works in are favour as he'll get his salary in Monaco tax free.

It wouldn't surprise me if something like that is being discussed.

But I still maintain he's more likely to go to Madrid. I'll be delighted to be proved wrong.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Are we just going for a loan? £20m seems a hell of a lot for a loan deal.
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »

I don't think we would pay anything like that.

My guess for a season long loan would be around £3m in a loan fee, and about another £3m for his wages.
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »

Probably have the option to sign him permanently after if he has a successful season. Or RM and co will go for him after that.
    Forum Member
    BBC's David Ornstein is adamant we're not in for Falcao or any other striker. Only CB/DMF possible before deadline.

Wait and see if he's proved wrong I guess.
    Forum Member
    He's off to Madrid according to:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/28977637
    Forum Member
    I swear Ornstein said earlier that we were in for Falcao and then deleted it. Might be wrong though.

I can't see it happening unless Monaco need him out.
    Forum Member
    Guillem Balague has said on twitter that Falcao won't join Arsenal.
    Forum Member
    Is he reliable? He sounds like he has been in the past.
    We need some desperate cover for Giroud NOW, hell, we needed cover even before he was injured FFS and AW cant just keep saying "Oh we have Walcott coming back, we have Sanogo/Sanchez" etc, Sanchez isnt a natural ST/CF, Sanogo is unproven and Walcott may take time to get fit.
    Time for Cavani?
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back lord Bendtner.

I'll get my coat:D

Seriously though. Wenger never seems to panic in situations like this. I don't expect him to buy anyone else.
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV have selected Liverpool v Ludogorets in preference to Dortmund v Arsenal as their live match choice for MD1 of the Champions League.
    I'm not complaining too much as I'd much rather than see it on Sky than with Mr Um..errrr...errm Chiles and Andy Townsend but it really is an appalling decision based on the overall strength of the two matches..
    Forum Member
    Right, prediction time guys, which players, if any do you think Arsenal sign before the deadline?
  • ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    don't see any strikers coming in.

This interview in the Telegraph today with Özil. Think his comments about playing in the no 10 role are mostly aimed at Wenger. Özil can see himself shoved out on the left with Jack preferred centrally. Unbelievable, but true. Wenger seems obsessed with both Jack and Sanogo this season.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11065145/Mesut-Ozil-The-Arsenal-and-Germany-fans-believe-in-me.-That-is-what-really-matters.html
    I'd bench Jack when Ramsey plays. We need the Ramsey-Ozil-Santi-Alexis understanding to develop, especially with no other striker
  • yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we'll sign a defensively minded midfielder. Maybe Carvalho, probably someone a bit cheaper and under the radar. That'll be it.
  • DirtyBarrySpeedDirtyBarrySpeed Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would enjoy seeing Falcao playing in PL but £20 million loan means he'll almost certainly join Real after loan expires.
  • soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yakutz wrote: »
    I think we'll sign a defensively minded midfielder. Maybe Carvalho, probably someone a bit cheaper and under the radar. That'll be it.

Even Wenger with his many faults cannot fail to see we aren't dreadfully short in striking options. Sadly I can't see him spending big but the rumours involving Cerci at Torino would seem to me to be the sort of signing he would go for so I think that's a possibility. Don't know enough about the player to know if he's worth getting excited about though.

Otherwise I'm fairly optimistic that we are also seeking reinforcements at the back and in central midfield. Carvalho would appear to be the most likely in that respect although negotiations also appear to be underway for the Greek defender at Borussia Dortmund (not even going to attempt to try spelling his name).
    Forum Member
    Let's call him Sokratis :D
  • willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably Adrien Rabiot and Sokratis Papastathopoulos.
  • DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    willrelf92 wrote: »
    Probably Adrien Rabiot and Sokratis Papastathopoulos.

Does he own a launderette in EastEnders?
  • willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DavidT wrote: »
    Does he own a launderette in EastEnders?
    Who?:confused:
This discussion has been closed.