Options

Why are we so afraid of highlighting race, even when it matters?

Comments

• Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    Look at this case, people were scared to report the ethnicity of rape gangs for fear of being labelled 'racist'. It's the same story when anyone challenges the widespread radicalisation in Muslim communities, the freedom afforded to hate preachers or women being forced to wear the Burqa.

I'm sick to death of it, I'm sick of British muslims committing war crimes in Iraq, sick of ISIS flags and propaganda displayed on our streets, sick of the outrage of FGM carried out on thousands of young girls in Britain, sick of muslim gangs raping under age white girls, all of it.

Being sick of or outraged about war crimes; ISIS; FGM; child abusers etc does not make you racist - I don't think I have ever seen anyone being accused of being racist because they hate those things. As for people being afraid to be labelled as racist and so not doing everything they could to protect children... well I have a number of other descriptions for them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are denying this happened / still happening?
    I am not denying anything. Supposed to be discussing things that happened in the UK and if someone wants to derail it then I'm not happy.
    They can start a thread about Thailand I don't mind.
  • Options
    Lil_MLil_M Posts: 2,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not denying anything. Supposed to be discussing things that happened in the UK and if someone wants to derail it then I'm not happy.
    They can start a thread about Thailand I don't mind.

These are British White citizens though?
  • Options
    GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Have you read anything whatsoever about this case, to make just another ridiculous sweeping statement. There have been countless links to so much information just on the two threads.

I can't say I've read the whole thread, but I read the full case report last night, it's damning.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jesaya wrote: »
    Being sick of or outraged about war crimes; ISIS; FGM; child abusers etc does not make you racist - I don't think I have ever seen anyone being accused of being racist because they hate those things. As for people being afraid to be labelled as racist and so not doing everything they could to protect children... well I have a number of other descriptions for them.

So do I and that's bad enough in itself but it's only a small part of the picture here. Lose sight of that and there is little hope for the future of this type of crime.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lil_M wrote: »
    No ? Did you have a look at the link ?
  • Options
    ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People have to be responsible for their own actions. There are laws, rules and regulations that govern all who live in our society and those laws apply to all. There's too much of this bending over backwards to race and religion in Britain.
    Its about time it ALL stopped.
  • Options
    GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member

But 'racist', 'islamophobic' groups like the EDL (not saying I support them) are the only ones who have dared to challenge these issues within the Muslim community. Mainstream politicians, especially those on the left, won't touch them with a bargepole.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member

Going to Thailand for sex?

I'll raise your White Brits with brown and black ones going there for it too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    [/B]

So do I and that's bad enough in itself but it's only a small part of the picture here. Lose sight of that and there is little hope for the future of this type of crime.

Indeed - the report doesn't emphasise that aspect more than, say, sheer incompetent working practices or the truly dreadful attitude of police and other authorities to the girls themselves... who were considered almost 'asking for it' in some of the cases.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No ? Did you have a look at the link ?

You mentioned thailand in your post hence I stated the paedos typicaly based there are british and white.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to Thailand for sex?

I'll raise your White Brits with brown and black ones going there for it too.

Wtf are you on about.

What brown and black ones. What a r e you on about
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wtf are you on about.

What brown and black ones. What a r e you on about

British citizens, couldn't you grasp even that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't say I've read the whole thread, but I read the full case report last night, it's damning.

Yes and it's not all about fear of being labelled racist by any means. Look at the inherent misogyny within the police force and the council. Look at the political benefits of their inaction.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/rotherham-child-abuse-scandal-threats-and-collusion-kept-justice-at-bay-9692578.html
    The priority in Rotherham was jobs and investment and, to some senior figures, any focus on child sexual exploitation was an unwelcome sideshow. In one extraordinary episode in 2009, a senior unnamed official shouted and swore through an hour-long meeting as he complained that Rotherham had “too many looked-after children” which accounted for the council’s spending problems.

And the votes they wanted to secure.
    Child sex abuse cover-up institutionalized in UK: Analyst

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/08/28/376846/uk-child-sex-abuse-coverup-systemic/
    This is how racism takes root
    The different ways the media covered two cases of men grooming children for sex show how shockingly easy it is to demonise a whole community
    http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/jul/22/how-racism-takes-root

In this case ethnic misogyny collided with the misogyny of the police and the council amongst a whole lot of other issues.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What have gangs got to do with the number of sexual abusers in this country? Do you believe that if there's not a gang involved it's better for the victims? What a comfort.
    Pakistani men are a tiny minority of abusers, fact.

Again, I don't get this argument.

It doesn't matter what percentage they form historically, the fact is they have been and possibly still are operating in gangs now, and preying upon young girls.

Are you quoting those stats in the hope that it somehow lessens or downplays what these Pakistani men are doing ?
  • Options
    ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed - the report doesn't emphasise that aspect more than, say, sheer incompetent working practices or the truly dreadful attitude of police and other authorities to the girls themselves... who were considered almost 'asking for it' in some of the cases.

The police are not there to help you. They are there to penalise you. Show them a bush by a road and a radar gun for example, and their eyes light up.
    No one will lose their jobs over this, nor their pensions .
    And Ill bet its been happening all over the U.K. The fact of the matter was it was a Muslim religion gang abusing white British girls.
    They just don't want the news getting out because of the tinderbox situation we now have Thanks to labours ' diversity multiculturealism' -that didnt work.
    Who could these girls go to? The police? Hahaahaa don't make me laugh.
    Their M.P? He/ she won't do anything, save for sending them a p.c. standard letter by return of post barking the party line.
    The newspaper? They won't publish a letter regarding race or religion.
    So........no-one then.
    Thanks labour for making Britain what it is today.
    Remember that next time you go to vote.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Again, I don't get this argument.

It doesn't matter what percentage they form historically, the fact is they have been and possibly still are operating in gangs now, and preying upon young girls.

Are you quoting those stats in the hope that it somehow lessens or downplays what these Pakistani men are doing ?

Of course I'm not!

I'm trying to introduce some reality and balance to this whole subject.There is a whole lot more involved here which allowed them to do what they did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    White paedophiles operating on the internet or travelling to places like Cambodia are clamped down on hard by police (and rightly so). On the other hand, the authorities turn a blind eye to Muslim rape gangs because of the fear of being labelled 'racist'.

Well they've manifestly turned a blind eye in this case.

I can't think for any other reason than the one you cite.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But 'racist', 'islamophobic' groups like the EDL (not saying I support them) are the only ones who have dared to challenge these issues within the Muslim community. Mainstream politicians, especially those on the left, won't touch them with a bargepole.

Well I think the BNP and EDL had their own reasons and it may have played into the hands of those who wanted to cover it up (ie as the BNP said it was so then it must be untrue). I don't actually remember any mainstream politicians on the right saying much about it either though.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I can - the report actually discussed how politicians wanted to avoid increasing racial tension... which was described, correctly, as 'misguided'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why do you think that's the only reason?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course I'm not!

I'm trying to introduce some reality and balance to this whole subject.

Probably only a tiny percentage of men over 80 get convicted of child abuse crimes. It still didn't stop Harris and Hall being sent down, nor does it downplay the seriousness of what they did.

I'm not sure how highlighting that not too many pensioners of that age get so convicted, would introduce "reality and balance" to the subject.

Again, sorry, I don't get it, nor do I see any relevance to the debate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well I think the BNP and EDL had their own reasons and it may have played into the hands of those who wanted to cover it up (ie as the BNP said it was so then it must be untrue). I don't actually remember any mainstream politicians on the right saying much about it either though.

Jack Straw, (who's hardly on the right), did and look at the hammering he got.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can - the report actually discussed how politicians wanted to avoid increasing racial tension... which was described, correctly, as 'misguided'.

To suit there own political agenda, mainly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably only a tiny percentage of men over 80 get convicted of child abuse crimes. It still didn't stop Harris and Hall being sent down, nor does it downplay the seriousness of what they did.

I'm not sure how highlighting that not too many pensioners of that age get so convicted, would introduce "reality and balance" to the subject.

Again, sorry, I don't get it, nor do I see any relevance to the debate.

That makes no sense at all.