Lady Gaga: Best guest performance of the series

Comments

• patheticfoolpatheticfool Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    It was absolutely amazing. I think Lady Gaga never gets the full recognition she deserves. She sang the whole song and danced to it perfectly. She also wrote all those brilliant lyrics. She isn't just another pop star like Britney Spears that people seem to thinks she is, she actually has bags of talent and it's a shame some people don't see that.
  • ZincubusZincubus Posts: 2,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaymitch1 wrote: »
    i do believe lady gaga had one of the best performances this series alongside alicia keys, who i also thought was fantastic.
    the worst for me was probably rihanna last week. and i am a rihanna fan! i have all her albums, but russian roullette is an awful song imo, and her performance was so dull, i didnt even notice it finish!

Funny old world isn't it - I actually LOVED Rihanna's song and performance but DETESTED ... Lady ( pushing it a bit) Ga Ga !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she was fantastic!
    but alicia keys obtains the title of the "best performance of the series".
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    She really is a great SINGER as well. Her voice is beautiful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her vocals were really quite awful and the performance wasn't all that impressive- it was weird- but it wasn't actually very good in my opinion.
    She does have some really great performances but I think a lot of the response to her is a bit Emperor's New Clothes. She can sing terribly and people will say it's quirky, go 'oooh rawr la la rar gaga, I wanna ride your disco stick' and people will say she's a fantastic lyricist and just sit around in a funny outfit which would normally be criticised for just 'sitting there on a stool singing' but because she's in a funny suit it's a great performance!
    I do like her, I just didn't think this performance was very good or that she is all that to be honest. She fools people into thinking there's more depth to something than there actually is.
    On the fashion side, she has had an influence on fashion, the people who had big backbrushed hair and hippie dresses last year are now wearing wetlook leggins with their straight fringes. She is the Diana Vickers of 2009- fashion victims love her! :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    Both of tonight's guests' songs were total and utter dross IMO.
  • DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    her stage prescence is electryfying and i was glued...far more than janet's dismal performance
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Love it when gaga cracks out the piano. Best performance this year. Alicia Keys a close second.
  • gogleddgogledd Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Elle* wrote: »
    My mum is going to see her in March - she's 69, lol!

Well she looks pretty good for 69, I'll give her that.

I don't get all this 'performance' stuff. Guess I'm old fashioned in that I prefer singers to just... well... SING. Or did I miss something and she isn't a singer at all, but a performer?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looked forward to tonight and she didn't disappoint. Bring on the o2! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but no LOL.

She is actually the devil, I really think she's trying to brain was everyone lol. The devil's home is said to be the bathroom...haha.

But in all seriousness, she was far from the best. Cheryl+Alexandra were the best in my opinion. Then Janet. Then Mariah, she sounded amazing and looked great, such an improvement from last year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member
    She is very good. I love her madness :)
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A Toilet on Stage? was it plumbed in?
  • gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    She was phenominal.

She has such a fantastic voice.
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the whole thing was just weird !

WHy did they have a bathtub on stage ?
  • RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet Jackson was the best guest performance of the series. Without a shadow of a doubt.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    Gaga gave a great performance but then so did Michael Buble and Alcia Keys. Alicia gave the best performance of the series IMO.
  • SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    She didn't sing it all live, she was singing over a backing track like Cheryl did
    and the chrous sounded a lot better than the rest of the song like JLS' performance

But it was very good!

A lot of peope confuse this. A backing track should be just that a backing.

It should have the music and backing vocals on it but NOT the lead vocal. Thats the bit that should be sung live

The diffence in your example being GaGa actualy sang the whole of the LEAD VOCAL live where as CC had the Lead vocal on the backing track and mimed it.

The chorus will always sound different as there is usualy extra backing in a chorus to make it stand out
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    Didn't like her performance at all, it sounded mimed, as she sounded well out of breath after the song but not during...

She's all flash and no substance really.
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pug ugly, terrible performance, awful song and if this is what the yoof of today are being forced fed under the guise of "good choons" your being robbed kids.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I thought the Black Eyed Peas were better, Fergie sang her ass off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was good, but Alicia was better. Worst two this series were Black Eyed Peas for me, and Mariah.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    gogledd wrote: »
    Well she looks pretty good for 69, I'll give her that.

I don't get all this 'performance' stuff. Guess I'm old fashioned in that I prefer singers to just... well... SING. Or did I miss something and she isn't a singer at all, but a performer?

She's a singer, songwriter, performer, style icon, all around consummate pop star.

Click the link I posted earlier in this thread to see just how well she can sing. Or try this or this.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    She was good, but Alicia was better. Worst two this series were Black Eyed Peas for me, and Mariah.

Agreed. Not that Gaga wasn't good, but Alicia was excellent IMO :)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thought it was brilliant! :D

Can't wait to see the Gaga at the 02!