Earth Hour

spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2592304/Lights-everyones-Thousands-cities-towns-world-join-big-switch-annual-green-campaign-Earth-Hour.html

Will you be taking part in this years Earth Hour ?

me and my friends have done for the last few years , I use the hour to just sit relax and clear my mind :)

Comments

• CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    after two bottles of vodka, it can be dark for two days
  • Mad_Dog1Mad_Dog1 Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's completely pointless. This should be done for 8 hours a night or 8 hours a day in all organisation, no service needs to be available more than 16 hours.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, OH wants to watch the rugby, besides everything goes off from bedtime til we get home from work the next day in my house.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I go out for a walk and shake my head at the households with their tvs and lights on
  • ~*~Jess~*~~*~Jess~*~ Posts: 4,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never heard of it before - might explain it to the OH and see what he thinks... we could have an hour of talking to each other! Wonders never cease! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    ~*~Jess~*~ wrote: »
    I've never heard of it before - might explain it to the OH and see what he thinks... we could have an hour of talking to each other! Wonders never cease! :D

... or something else ;-);-);-)
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a load of self congratulatory crap. Convince yourself you're doing yr bit for the environment by turning off yr power for 1hr PER YEAR!!
    Spend that hr doing something better like going to yr local supermarket in yr gasguzzler or booking yr next flight online....

OH!!
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't be taking part. The power surge caused at the end (when everyone turns their power back on!) actually uses MORE power than what is saved.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... or something else ;-);-);-)

Durex were campaigning for an hour of sex in the dark for Earth Hour, actually :p:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    I'm turning my lights off at 8.30. You don't have to turn off everything, do you? I thought it was just lights.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Durex were campaigning for an hour of sex in the dark for Earth Hour, actually :p:p

That's hilariously counter productive. If The Durex fails or isn't used that could lead to pregnancies & more children being born as a result of Earth Hour.Creating More humans on the planet is possibly THE most environmentally damaging act we can do.
  • artnadaartnada Posts: 10,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    Its a load of self congratulatory crap. Convince yourself you're doing yr bit for the environment by turning off yr power for 1hr PER YEAR!!
    Spend that hr doing something better like going to yr local supermarket in yr gasguzzler or booking yr next flight online....

OH!!

"ou" you can borrow mine.
  • AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Switch off your 18W lightbulb and switch on your 150W TV to see if it's on Sky News.
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I turn out my lights in support of the theory that one day we might stop wasting energy but I wont hold my breath that it'll ever help.
  • i4nic8i4nic8 Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    I won't be taking part. The power surge caused at the end (when everyone turns their power back on!) actually uses MORE power than what is saved.

You can't use more power than is generated
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just ignored it.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Pointless exercise. There is far too much light pollution by businesses and inconsiderate homeowners which should be tackled by fines etc.