Options

plants vs zombies

gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone read how much this is likely to be digitally?

Seems to be 29.99 disc at amazon.

Comments

• Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's $39.99 on the US store, so I'd guess £34.99 over here.

For some reason I can't get into Xbox Live to see how much the Xbox One version is on there.
  • Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    It was on sale last week on xbox live for £22 but i believe i paid £29.99.

Tbh this game is worth full retail price. All the DLC is free (apart from microtransactions) and the game itself is loads of fun.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. Yeah im quite interested in it though wouldn't mind a demo.
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Thanks. Yeah im quite interested in it though wouldn't mind a demo.

Sod the demo, just buy it, it's great fun. One of my most played games on the X1.
  • Options
    mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Im getting this!

Was annoyed when it was announced as a Xbox One exclusive as I'm holding off a XBone at the moment.

But yay! £30 aint all that bad for a game that looks like so much fun!
  • Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    It costs £34.79 on the Xbox one market and £24.99 for the 360.

Just checked.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £26.99 on PS4 at Grainger Games
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried this game on PC with Origin game time and it's quite good fun. This will be a PS4 purchase for me :)
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    a game that looks like so much fun!

You're damn right. I'm always on this on my Xbone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks good. Been watching a few feeds on live for playstation tonight
  • Options
    Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £22.75 from Game Seek apparently - not used them before, are they any good?

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare-ps4-22-75-gameseek-1972603
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taking a chance on this. Ordered with game as had a few reward points.
  • Options
    NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched a few gameplay videos on YouTube. This looks like great fun. Have ordered from Amazon. Might see you all online (I'll be the peashooter needing reviving!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couple questions.

1. Do you need to sign for a single disc delivery with game ?

2. I ordered this last night and got mail this morning saying it was on its way. Is it likely to come tomorrow ? Or is it like a second class type post ?
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    looking forward to paying this :). my copy is due in today but unfortunately, I loaned my PS4 to my nephew, so it'll be 2morro night before I get to play it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had it on Xbox One since launch. It's a great game and really fun.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I'm unsure about this. £30 isn't awful but I might wait for it to come down in price a bit.

There's solo much coming out between now and Xmas. I have to start choosing wisely.
  • Options
    NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine is waiting for me at home. Looking forward to this tonight. The missus is keen too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent mine came today.
    Quite hard at moment as they all have different abilities.

Impressed by games delivery if not always their pricing.

For those that have played this on other platforms is it as well using up your coins on sticker packs or wise to keep them for a bit ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My initial impressions....

First off. My kids absolutely love it and although it's a shooter, there isn't that same parent guilt of seeing the kids on cod or battlefield, as is only plants and zombies.

My thoughts on playing...its actually quite hard. The controls overall are pretty straightforward and theres even an on screen indicaton of what buttons and weapons you have, so pretty easy adapting from cod or bf. The gfx are very colourful and all runs very smooth. The sound is very good and some of the characters noises are quite funny.
    I haven't played all game modes so has been mainly like tdm and a version of kill confirmed. When I say hard earlier on its because there are quite a lot of characters and each have their own little tricks so until I figure then out I'll die a lot. First few games I got 1 kill, then upped to 2 or 3, but last game there before kids stole it off me I got 6, so happy to improve. If you stay with a group of your team you've a good chance of winning battles. Go Your Own way and you're more likely to die. ...hey like bf.
    My only real criticism is that the games are over pretty quick as is first to 50 kills. Im more used to battlefield long games.
  • Options
    gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »
    My initial impressions....

First off. My kids absolutely love it and although it's a shooter, there isn't that same parent guilt of seeing the kids on cod or battlefield, as is only plants and zombies.

My thoughts on playing...its actually quite hard. The controls overall are pretty straightforward and theres even an on screen indicaton of what buttons and weapons you have, so pretty easy adapting from cod or bf. The gfx are very colourful and all runs very smooth. The sound is very good and some of the characters noises are quite funny.
    I haven't played all game modes so has been mainly like tdm and a version of kill confirmed. When I say hard earlier on its because there are quite a lot of characters and each have their own little tricks so until I figure then out I'll die a lot. First few games I got 1 kill, then upped to 2 or 3, but last game there before kids stole it off me I got 6, so happy to improve. If you stay with a group of your team you've a good chance of winning battles. Go Your Own way and you're more likely to die. ...hey like bf.
    My only real criticism is that the games are over pretty quick as is first to 50 kills. Im more used to battlefield long games.

Some games are over quickly but this will change a bit once players get used to playing the game. Don't forget if your able to revive a player quickly enough then this stops the opposing team getting the vanquish.

One of my favourite modes on the X1 is the gnome bomb and I find these games can last a little longer than some of the others.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I guess. Can't believe you were keeping this little gem to yourselves on the MS side. Lol
    Haven't played the gnome one yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To add to my initial impressions a few posts up. I've played a bit more. ...I know its a sticky point scoring games but hey my opinion.
    I would rate it a 7/10 game with caution. There is no campaign, so is an online game only. There is no surprise in this as tells you on the box. You either play traditional multiplayer or solo/co-op splitscreen/online against waves. Id normally mark down for this, but then I think the disc version is priced accordingly. I mean its available for 29 at game online. I do think the digital version at 40 you start to question the value.
    The whole game feels like a parody of both battlefield and cod by borrowing thier game modes and equipment and adding a comic spin to it. I believe the ps version contains all the up to date dlc of other versions, though it must have started off pretty small for them if that was the case? I'm not sure pop caps intension. If they are going to bring even more free dlc to it, or if that's it, or even if it'll now go paid, after all EA are at the helm. While on the parodies, I'd like to see or hear if they've tried a search and destroy for it or hardcore. It already has obliteration it seems, rush, tdm and kill confirmed also feature.
    As I say my opinion is 7/10. I use the caution as its obviously a third person shooter, so if you hate shooters then you probably will still hate this. However, if you ever wanted to get into shooters then it's a less serious way of getting into it. I'm sure after mastering this, you could easily progress to cod or bf. I use the word progress with generosity on cod though, as it's possible pl v z is better than it. My 9 yo daughter wouldn't dream of playing cod or bf, rightly so some would say, she's 9, but she loves this.
    Anyway that is my opinion. Obviously not sure about longevity, but the xbox players still seem to play it, so looking good on that front. Again bare in mind its an online game and that its EA. If they decided to shut the server or psn/live or your net go down, the game is dead. My parting shot is...Buy the pretty disc version not the digital.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Anyone with a US account can pick this up for £25 ($40) on the US PSN store
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a warning on this. The game is a 7 rating but you need an origin account and the minimum age for that is 13 I'm told.

Surely has grounds for mis-selling and refunds if you so wanted.