Options

Lebara Mobile any good?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
Forum Member
Hi,
I'm a GiffGaff customer at the moment and i'm going to leave gg because they're going to change the tariffs and as well because I use data a lot and sometimes is really slow. I've been with Three in the past but i'm considering others options like Lebara.
I saw that they've got a bundle with 5GB/2000MIN/Unlimited Text and to be honest that really surprised my because they don't promise unlimited data like others and i'm looking as well for something stale in terms of price; just fixed price no offers, no deals.

PD. I'm not interested on EE or T-Mobile because the last one don't permit to use Skype over 3G.

Thanks,
Javi.

Comments

• Options
    d123d123 Posts: 8,605
    Forum Member
    javidotpro wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm a GiffGaff customer at the moment and i'm going to leave gg because they're going to change the tariffs and as well because I use data a lot and sometimes is really slow. I've been with Three in the past but i'm considering others options like Lebara.
    I saw that they've got a bundle with 5GB/2000MIN/Unlimited Text and to be honest that really surprised my because they don't promise unlimited data like others and i'm looking as well for something stale in terms of price; just fixed price no offers, no deals.

PD. I'm not interested on EE or T-Mobile because the last one don't permit to use Skype over 3G.

Thanks,
    Javi.

Lebara runs on Vodafone, that's enough reason for anyone intending to use data to avoid it.

Vodafone has abysmal data, there really are only 2 options, Three or EE if data is important to you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Hi d123,
    Thanks for your answer, between EE and Three what do you think that is the best one, I use Spotify and Soundcloud a lot.
  • Options
    ash45ash45 Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    Hi d123,
    Thanks for your answer, between EE and Three what do you think that is the best one, I use Spotify and Soundcloud a lot.

three
  • Options
    d123d123 Posts: 8,605
    Forum Member
    Hi d123,

I use Three, and use the TuneIn app daily, connecting to my car head unit when I'm travelling and get near perfect use most of the time.

Having said that, I found EE (the 4G EE network, not Orange or T-Mobile) to be very good as well, it was just a lot more expensive when I tested it.
  • Options
    SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

Thanks,
    Javi.

Are you sure EE block Skype because I use EE PAYG 6GB sims on and off the past 9 months and my SIP phones works with no trouble at all.

Haven’t got an EE sim on the go at this moment so can’t test Skype to give a sure answer though.
  • Options
    GigabitGigabit Posts: 8,768
    Forum Member
    Three and EE's 3G coverage is basically identical and the speeds in my experience are fairly similar also (maybe slightly better 3G speeds on EE but not a massive difference).

LTE is another story: right now, EE has a far bigger LTE (I hate the term 4G as it's incorrect to describe LTE as 4G when it isn't) network that anybody else. So if you're looking at 4G, EE is probably the best choice.

EE and Three will also be rolling out 800MHz LTE early next year which means rural coverage and in-building coverage will improve.
  • Options
    tycho-magtycho-mag Posts: 8,664
    Forum Member
    Gigabit wrote: »
    (I hate the term 4G as it's incorrect to describe LTE as 4G when it isn't)

Calling LTE 4G is a lot closer to fact than the stupid americans calling HSPA+ 4G on AT&T and T-Mobile USA.

Sadly the problem is the governing body, the ITU, has allowed the use of the term 4G for all these new technologies. Insane is not the word.
    Although marketed as a 4G wireless service, LTE (as specified in the 3GPP Release 8 and 9 document series) does not satisfy the technical requirements the 3GPP consortium has adopted for its new standard generation, and which were originally set forth by the ITU-R organization in its IMT-Advanced specification. However, due to marketing pressures and the significant advancements that WiMAX, HSPA+ and LTE bring to the original 3G technologies, ITU later decided that LTE together with the aforementioned technologies can be called 4G technologies.[3] The LTE Advanced standard formally satisfies the ITU-R requirements to be considered IMT-Advanced.[4] And to differentiate LTE Advanced and WiMAX-Advanced from current 4G technologies, ITU has defined them as "True 4G".

I don't know what makes a network LTE-A apart from Carrier Aggregation, but given the spectrum auctions it could be that O2 is the only network that isn't able to run LTE-A until they turn off 3G.