Options

Why the Support for Gary?

Rob200696Rob200696 Posts: 1,767
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I Just can't understand the support for him. He can do no wrong in the eyes of the public when realistically he is quite obviously a nightmare to live with. If 13 people do not like you there is obviously a reason for it. People saying he hasn't been given a chance need to realise that on the first few nights he was given a chance but he was rude, said mean things and offended people. Obviously some people have been more patient then others but why he is made out as a saint I do not understand. The things he has said tot some people are so offensive (Calling people Alcoholics, Idiots - Seen on a BOTS Clip) but this never makes the edit all that does is him being 'left out'. He has been made to be the victim by the edit, according to David he spits everywhere, showered once, brushed his teeth for the first time on Day 6 and is incredibly Manipulative. Of course people won't like him. People who say he is mentally ill or has been through a lot, it is just not an excuse you can re-learn manners but he has decided not to. I know some people haven't been as patient as others but the amount of support he has I just do not understand

Comments

• Options
    Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But that's only your opinion......we all have our favourites......the majority seems to like Gary......why did Helen get so much support ???
  • Options
    Scout66Scout66 Posts: 5,576
    Forum Member
    Quite few of them have said he barges about and pushes people out the way. Lauren used this as one her reasons for nominations. He was actually shown doing this on both seasons of Celebrity Apprentice. He shoved a camera person during a task. I have to wonder why BB doesn't show this and why they aren't telling him to stop shoving people. I'd have a really hard time with that.
  • Options
    Rob200696Rob200696 Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scout66 wrote: »
    Quite few of them have said he barges about and pushes people out the way. Lauren used this as one her reasons for nominations. He was actually shown doing this on both seasons of Celebrity Apprentice. He shoved a camera person during a task. I have to wonder why BB doesn't show this and why they aren't telling him to stop shoving people. I'd have a really hard time with that.

Exactly! I'm just sick of this he can do no wrong attitude!
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Rob200696 wrote: »
    I Just can't understand the support for him. He can do no wrong in the eyes of the public when realistically he is quite obviously a nightmare to live with. If 13 people do not like you there is obviously a reason for it. People saying he hasn't been given a chance need to realise that on the first few nights he was given a chance but he was rude, said mean things and offended people. Obviously some people have been more patient then others but why he is made out as a saint I do not understand. The things he has said tot some people are so offensive (Calling people Alcoholics, Idiots - Seen on a BOTS Clip) but this never makes the edit all that does is him being 'left out'. He has been made to be the victim by the edit, according to David he spits everywhere, showered once, brushed his teeth for the first time on Day 6 and is incredibly Manipulative. Of course people won't like him. People who say he is mentally ill or has been through a lot, it is just not an excuse you can re-learn manners but he has decided not to. I know some people haven't been as patient as others but the amount of support he has I just do not understand

Maybe I can understand people complaining about his bad habits and lack of hygiene - but surely if he was being manipulative they'd all love him!
  • Options
    **JennaJ****JennaJ** Posts: 5,041
    Forum Member
    Emmmmmm because we are watching it and judging what we see, that's how it works you know!
  • Options
    hunkydoryhunkydory Posts: 3,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not my favourite hm but hope he stays a bit longer hes driving them all nuts
  • Options
    sheff71sheff71 Posts: 8,286
    Forum Member
    Scout66 wrote: »

If he really had done that to Lauren as often as she made out, why didn't she talk to him about it beforehand, rather than bring it up then at noms? Or tell BB in the Diary Room that it was upsetting her, and can they ask Gary to be more careful... just another lame excuse to blame him for something else.

I don't think it's all just a case of so many people particularly love Gary - I think a lot of people can see his faults, and how difficult it would be to live with him, but also the attitude and lack of respect and patience most of them are showing him is just pathetic - and I think he is picking up a lot of sympathy for that. If anything goes wrong, Gary is the easy scapegoat.

It does sometimes look as if they're just trying to humiliate and belittle him - it really is quite unpleasant viewing at times.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    I've never heard a single person say that Gary can do no wrong. Show us who has said this. You're probably feeling aggravated because you dislike the current favourite. I've liked Gary for years. Silver Bullet was one of those movies I'd watch repeatedly throughout my childhood. I also find him funny and endearing. There's an explanation from one supporter. The rest, I find unpleasant. Claire, Audley and Frenchy are alright, but until they speak up against the nasty treatment of Gary, I can't say I genuinely like them.
  • Options
    09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely agree! I've said this on twitter on a few times and got abuse for it... I don't agree with some of the things said about and done to Gary, but I'm beyond sick of most of the public acting like he can do nothing wrong when he's proven on occasion to be as rude as the others supposedly are to him. If it was just Stephanie for example, I'd understand maybe, but if virtually all of the others have remarked upon it there must be some element of truth at least! If he was 20 years younger even, there wouldn't be so much of a fuss kicked up, but if his age and disability have to be brought into it he shouldn't be in there. It just frustrates so much that the overwhelming majority just hate the others and label them bullies if they so much as breathe in Gary's direction but are blind to Gary being rude back, whether he's "set in his ways" or not. It's not helped by Bb making sure that if Gary isn't on screen, he's being talked about on screen.

Also, I'm fed up of people saying he needs to win win becsuse he's "the only celebrity in there". So what? Charlotte and Rylan for example won becsuse they're both lovely people who were entertaining, they only came from reality shows. This is Big Brother, do you expect to have Beyoncé, Kanye West and Helen Mirren in there?!

That came out longer than I wanted, I can rant for England if it's about Gary :p
  • Options
    Pro_SniperPro_Sniper Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BB legend! One of if not thee best HM that will ever grace the BB house.
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    **JennaJ** wrote: »
    Emmmmmm because we are watching it and judging what we see, that's how it works you know!
    It could almost have been James who said that.

Of course I know how it works. I can see that Gary is a bit rude, maybe he even pretends to be deafer than he is - but strewth ... if he wasn't there - the rest of them would be even duller than they appear to be now!

BTW - I'd actually like Audley to win.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cherbea wrote: »
    I've never heard a single person say that Gary can do no wrong. Show us who has said this. You're probably feeling aggravated because you dislike the current favourite. I've liked Gary for years. Silver Bullet was one of those movies I'd watch repeatedly throughout my childhood. I also find him funny and endearing. There's an explanation from one supporter. The rest, I find unpleasant. Claire, Audley and Frenchy are alright, but until they speak up against the nasty treatment of Gary, I can't say I genuinely like them.

This ^^^^^
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    i support gary because we were friends in a past life (during the Roman empire).

he was a pain in the ass sometimes, but he shared information from the other side
    with me.

which was nice.
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i support gary because we were friends in a past life (during the Roman empire).

he was a pain in the ass sometimes, but he shared information from the other side
    with me.

which was nice.

Father to a murdered son?
    Husband to a murdered wife?
    And I will have my vengeance,in this life-or the next.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    Father to a murdered son?
    Husband to a murdered wife?
    And I will have my vengeance,in this life-or the next.:D

Pmsl :D:D

Only Gary can come out with belly laughs like this.
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    claire33 wrote: »
    Pmsl :D:D

Only Gary can come out with belly laughs like this.

Loved his work before he entered the house.He hasn't disappointed.Legend.:cool:
  • Options
    StigofthedumpStigofthedump Posts: 3,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gary is in a different league to the others imo, listening to the others is a bit like putting Maria C as a contestant on xfactor and listening to all the other wannabe's criticise her for making vocal mistakes, she would naturally irritate the egos.
  • Options
    Scout66Scout66 Posts: 5,576
    Forum Member
    sheff71 wrote: »
    If he really had done that to Lauren as often as she made out, why didn't she talk to him about it beforehand, rather than bring it up then at noms? Or tell BB in the Diary Room that it was upsetting her, and can they ask Gary to be more careful... just another lame excuse to blame him for something else.

I don't think it's all just a case of so many people particularly love Gary - I think a lot of people can see his faults, and how difficult it would be to live with him, but also the attitude and lack of respect and patience most of them are showing him is just pathetic - and I think he is picking up a lot of sympathy for that. If anything goes wrong, Gary is the easy scapegoat.

I found Lauren's reason credible because as I said he's been shown on camera doing it on other reality shows. We have no way of knowing if she's spoken to BB about because they would have to show that DR which means they would have to show the footage of him doing it.
    I think some of the HM's sometimes are rude and dismissive to him but I also have seen enough of him to know he brings a lot of it on himself. Claire and Edele have been nothing but patient with him and he's wearing them down as well. I don't think this entire group went into the house thinking let's pick the OAP with disabilities because that will be good telly. They are various ages with varied backgrounds and experiences dealing with someone like Gary however is probably beyond most people's experiences. He's not the sweet old endearingly quirky old fella who doesn't provoke anger in others.
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gary is in a different league to the others imo, listening to the others is a bit like putting Maria C as a contestant on xfactor and listening to all the other wannabe's criticise her for making vocal mistakes, she would naturally irritate the egos.

Good analogy. :cool:
  • Options
    scout2006scout2006 Posts: 7,084
    Forum Member
    ITA. I'm completely baffled by all the support he apparently has. He's an egotisitical, obnoxious old man as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am convinced they are not showing certain things that Gary is doing. Too much is being said now and he doesn't even deny it so there must be truth to it.
  • Options
    Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gary for the WIN. 💗💛💙💋
  • Options
    jeanettexjeanettex Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Gary he is a legend , bless him
  • Options
    Derbyshire.Derbyshire. Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Gary because when he drys himself with a towel he pulls a face like this smiley :D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bv1MqOqIEAA7-H5.png
  • Options
    charybdischarybdis Posts: 7,628
    Forum Member
    cherbea wrote: »

I too like him. :)