Hard Disk Error message

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
Forum Member
Hit first real problem since OTA upgrade to 1.00.06.

I was watching live TV when suddenly the picture froze and an error box appeared in the middle of the screen:

HARD DISK ERROR
OK

On pressing the OK button the Humax rebooted and has since been fine.

There was no error code with the message.

Anybody know of this problem?

Do I need a fix?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Some people have reported the odd hard disk error message, but that the box seems to behave normally after that. It could have been a minor data-read glitch.

However, it could also mean the beginnings of a larger problem. If you're unsure and you have any programmes you want to keep, download those programmes to your PC just in case!
  • BarryBarry Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yatesy72 wrote:
    Hit first real problem since OTA upgrade to 1.00.06.

I was watching live TV when suddenly the picture froze and an error box appeared in the middle of the screen:

HARD DISK ERROR
    OK

On pressing the OK button the Humax rebooted and has since been fine.

There was no error code with the message.

Anybody know of this problem?

Do I need a fix?

Have not seen that specific problem reported before, however I have contacted Humax, and they state the following:

1. A complete power on / off, and you may never see the problem again.

2. May start to happen intermittently, then all of the time, and lead to the HDD needing to be replaced, sometimes a format will help.

If you continue to have problems then contact Humax who will arrange for HDD to be replaced. Should you have problems contacting Humax then report here, or PM.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    I had these error on my first Humax.
    It was almost as if there were some bad sections on the hard disc as most recordings were fine.
    I did contact Humax about it, the said turn on and off etc but if it continues to send it back to them to get the HD replaced.
    Instead of this i took it back to Comet and swapped it in store as it was 3-4 months old, they did this with no worries and i haven't had an error since. (touch wood).

My advice would be to get it swapped asap as it will only get worse.