Options

recorded programme name

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
Forum Member
I've noticed that since the last update programme names are much sorter than before. In the recorded programme list the names are only 17 characters long!
Programme (names) that I recorded months ago fill the width of the screen.

Anyone else have this?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    flemmo wrote:
    I've noticed that since the last update programme names are much sorter than before. In the recorded programme list the names are only 17 characters long!
    Programme (names) that I recorded months ago fill the width of the screen.

Anyone else have this?
    I was experimenting with this and I tried recording a bit of The Sunday Programme on GMTV this morning. It shortened the title to 'The Sunday Progra' but when I recorded the later transmission of the same programme on ITV2 it displayed the full title, which is 20 characters.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is to do with the issue where people wanted the programme name in the 'playlist' to be the name that was in the schduled timer, and NOT the name of the programme that was on at the time recording started. All too often where programmes didnt start on time it showed the wrong name in the playlist or every time the start time of a recording was padded.

Humax found a way of doing this, the flipside is that the number of characters you get in the name field on the scheduled timer is less than the number of characters that is possible in the name field on a playlist/recorded programmes menu. This is why if you do an instant record the number of characters in the name field on the playlist goes longer than if it was a scheduled record now.

With autopadding, where people have global settings for starting recordings a few minutes earlier, you would never quite know what the recordings are as listed in your playlist as it will always be the name of the recording before the one you intended. When testing autopadding before any sort of change to address this issue, the playlist got rediulous, very quickly, as you can imagine. This change has been requested a lot and so was autopadding so it was going to have to be done if one or both was to be granted to customers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the info Marc.