If you were the Doctor, what would your Tardis Interior look like?

tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was just thinking, as we've still got nearly two and a half months to go before Series 8 airs, we need some threads on this forum to keep us interested, not bored and commenting daily. I feel that this forum hasn't got enough threads to do just that, apart from the A-Z one and a couple of others.

So, if you were chosen to play the Doctor and you accepted that offer, what look would you like to see with the Tardis Interior?

For me, personally, I would have the Interior pretty much as it looked in the Eighth Doctor TV Movie, all wooden, metal and huge.

http://stuffpoint.com/science-fiction/image/303793-science-fiction-doctor-who-eighth-doctor.jpg

Comments

• JethrykJethryk Posts: 1,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to say I have a love for the early JNT series Tardis interior. Season 18/19 etc.

Same as all Classic who but with four proper walls.
  • doublefourdoublefour Posts: 6,018
    Forum Member
    Jethryk wrote: »
    Have to say I have a love for the early JNT series Tardis interior. Season 18/19 etc.

Same as all Classic who but with four proper walls.

This post has beaten me to it, I like the console and the round things wall design, all nice and bright as well. A Design classic IMO :D
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My second favourite Interior is the one used from the start of Season 21, up to the end of Season 26. :)

http://beyondthemarquee.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Sylvester-McCoy.jpg

My third favourite is the current one, used from The Snowmen onwards. :)

http://doctorwho.sonicbiro.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/Doctor_Who_-_The_Snowmen_282012_Christmas_Special29_679.jpg

It looks so sciency and alien. Perfect for a Gallifreyan Time Lord! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    I've always thought stuff like this!! But lately, I would have it something along the lines of the 2005, with black metal gantries, but the walls would be a cross between organic and underwater, flowing pulsating patterns, an entire wall as the viewing screen, a rising and falling central console again. The gantries would lead off to multiple levels, but the console room would be MASSIVE. The console itself would be on a separate platform accessed by a separate gantry, but would give the impression there is a huge depth below it, really emphasising it's a different dimension on the interior.

Sorry for waffling.
  • jxbrennajxbrenna Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me its the "Grunge" from the CE and DT era or 11/12 Dark Neon Console. im in love with both of these.
    but if i had to pick one it would have to be the CE/DT Console room just coz it was my first TARDIS and it was what made me a whovian . :)
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,056
    Forum Member
    Without a shadow of a doubt, the classic white look (specifically the one used from the Five Doctors onwards).
  • AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me it would have to be the look of Season 14 in 1976. Dark, brown roundel walls with a smallish console. For years I was convinced it was William Hartnell's. It just embodies the dark side of the Tardis which I rather like.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A room similar to the McGann movie - but scaled back a little bit.

However I'd add a highly futuristic console (similar to the late classic era console) to that room rather than the steam-punk version from the movie.
  • MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    I'd make it smaller on the inside - just to see if anyone noticed.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Black controls that are labeled in black on a black background with little black lights that light up in black...
  • sheffieldersheffielder Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Something like the McGann movie interior. Huge. Really big. With little creatures flying round the ceiling as mentioned in the Big Finish audios (can't remember what they were called...)
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    Does anyone remember the Avengers Episode 'The House that Jack Built?'

This room even has a console!

www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/series-4/images/jack2b.jpg
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2nd TARDIS console room from 1976-1977.
  • mrprossermrprosser Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    platelet wrote: »
    Black controls that are labeled in black on a black background with little black lights that light up in black...

Hoopy,

but it should have one red button, that illuminates a sign saying "Please do not press this button" when you press it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrprosser wrote: »
    Hoopy,

but it should have one red button, that illuminates a sign saying "Please do not press this button" when you press it!

:D;-)
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    platelet wrote: »

Oh, HA! HA! Very funny!! :p:p

Wouldn't be worth it then, as you wouldn't see anything. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    Oh, HA! HA! Very funny!! :p:p

Wouldn't be worth it then, as you wouldn't see anything. :D

Yeah but when you do something "a little black light lights up in black to let you know you've done it.'" :D
  • taliesintaliesin Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being radical here but you would think that after neigh on 2000 years as it is now of traveling with only one operator, the TARDIS would configure a 1 person interface console rather that the standard 6 person versions it keeps throwing up.

So for me it would be 1 person friendly and with plenty of oak and stone, and a few more monitors as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    taliesin wrote: »
    Being radical here but you would think that after neigh on 2000 years as it is now of traveling with only one operator, the TARDIS would configure a 1 person interface console rather that the standard 6 person versions it keeps throwing up.

Maybe it's because she knows he shouldn't travel alone for too long ;-)
  • joe_000joe_000 Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favourite that I would have would be the interior introduced in The Five Doctors but on a larger scale. I've always felt that a technologically advanced species would use technology that looked advanced too. I.e. Out TVs don't look 1950s style.
  • QuantumLeapQuantumLeap Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like my TARDIS to look like the Quantum Leap control room ;-)

http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/img/imagingchamber/theproject/leapback_controlroom.jpg
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    I really liked The Master's Tardis interior from the 80's. Similar to the Doctor's but black instead of white. I can't stand bright lights so I'd want something dark and shadowy.
    I'd love to know what the rest of his Tardis looked like.
  • comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    interesting question - i too like the white console room look but I also like the big spaces. Maybe something completly different, maybe like a forest or something.

Trees, few weird animals from different planets - nothing too Jar Jar Binks CGI shitefest tho
  • doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,324
    Forum Member
    If I was thinking about the console room being a reflection of the doctors personality, it would be rainbow coloured and resemble a sweet shop that is also filled with toys and gadgets, but on one side their is a small, dark, foreboding black corner. :)

If I had to choose one from what had already been though, it would be the 9/10 console room every time.
  • doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,324
    Forum Member
    taliesin wrote: »

So for me it would be 1 person friendly and with plenty of oak and stone, and a few more monitors as well.

I think it's more of a case that the TARDIS has the controls it has, and although can change the desktop design of how the control room looks it still has to have the same amount of complex controls for it to work properly. It's like playing a piano for example, the designer know's you only have ten fingers yet there are more than ten keys and to play it well your fingers have to dash about the various keys, much like the doctor with his console. The TARDIS most likely could configure simplified one person controls, but would still be as complicated a machine with the same amount of functions, so as a result he would likely have less control over it than he does at times now.