Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    i know

You know? Then why did you mention Rod?
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Red Arrows aren't Scottish...

Apparently Wee Eck wanted just blue and white smoke. The MOD said NO.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know? Then why did you mention Rod?

because he isn't Scottish
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    because he isn't Scottish

That has nothing to do with why the Proclaimers didn't perform which is what my post was replying to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That has nothing to do with why the Proclaimers didn't perform which is what my post was replying to.

it is because they are Scottish and didn't perform
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    it is because they are Scottish and didn't perform

What are you on about?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh nevermind
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What are you on about?

I think the point being made was that just because they are Scottish, doesn't mean they have to perform. Similarly, Rod Stewart performed even though he isn't Scottish.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    I think the point being made was that just because they are Scottish, doesn't mean they have to perform. Similarly, Rod Stewart performed even though he isn't Scottish.

But that wasn't the point I was replying to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But that wasn't the point I was replying to.

Never mind. I haven't read your post, just trying to be helpful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never mind. I haven't read your post, just trying to be helpful.

I replied to the post which asked why the Proclaimers should perform and said, because they are Scottish and their anthemic songs are popular with the masses. Then for some reason, the poster replied to me by saying Rod isn't Scottish which had no relevance to the posts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I replied to the post which asked why the Proclaimers should perform and said, because they are Scottish and their anthemic songs are popular with the masses. Then for some reason, the poster replied to me by saying Rod isn't Scottish which had no relevance to the posts.

Eh? So my post was relevant. Read it again, as I think that was the point being made.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eh? So my post was relevant. Read it again, as I think that was the point being made.

I've lost the will to live. :D Yes it does have relevance but Rod doesn't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

the poster? how long would it have took to look at my user name >:(
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    newkid30 wrote: »
    The Queen bouncing in was actually Hilarious. I kept expecting them to start playing some Snoop Doggy Dogg music and the bonnet to start bouncing open and shut. It was like a Hip Hop video.................except it was The Queen. :D Priceless.
    If the Scots did that - even it was just for the TV and not in the stadium, I would have loved loved loved that!!!
    What do you mean? Here's the footage I saw, I screen capped it :p >
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAllO9wtcxI
    :D:D:D
  • astorastor Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really enjoyed it! Never mind all the carping bullshit.

It was happy, inclusive and fun.

Of course there will be endless amounts of people slagging the show, Glasgow & Scotland but who cares! Was always going to be the case.

Of course it wasn't like the Olympic opening - it was never going to be.

Great night - well done Glasgow!
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It could be that they will be at the Closing Ceremony, it looked as if they were trying to avoid having too many musicians appearing and making it into a concert. Some of the ones they did have were a poor choice but the whole thing was so bad that perhaps that is no surprise.
  • evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Night folks. Has anyone heard of those weird phenomenon's where people go to sleep and wake up thinking they're Ukrainian or something? Fingers crossed!
    LOL That is so true if you are Scottish x
  • evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newkid30 wrote: »
    I did not watch it all, flicked over and back, but I thought the ballet was beautiful :blush:.
    The Queen bouncing in was actually Hilarious. I kept expecting them to start playing some Snoop Doggy Dogg music and the bonnet to start bouncing open and shut. It was like a Hip Hop video.................except it was The Queen. :D Priceless.

The one thing I could not fathom was WHY was there no decoration or 'set' in the middle, it looked awful this barren brown space in the middle. I 'get' that the games will be played there, but surely they could have thought of something to make it look a bit more festive.
    LOL!That comment about the Queen's bouncing car and Snoop doggy.. keeps making me laugh.. I am now thinking about the music from Snoop's advert and it will not go away.