How Do People Know When They Are Going To Die?

Comments

• dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This hooded bloke appears with a scythe...and only they can see it. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nest wrote: »
    We're ALL going to die in 2012 - the ancient mayans predicted it ! December 21st apparently - so no worries about Xmas presents that year! :D
    Don''t be silly. If you believe that you believe anything ::rolleyes:
  • BizBiz Posts: 14,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    littlefro wrote: »
    In my nursing days, the elderly would call out to 'mother' or 'father' or whoever was close to them and had already passed on, and had appeared in front of them.

My husband called out to both the day before he died. In retrospect, I think it was at the point of no return.
  • NestNest Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don''t be silly. If you believe that you believe anything ::rolleyes:

Really! Don't you think it's true then ? But the death clock thing is true right? :rolleyes:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your right about that.
    I was visiting my mother (85yrs old) who was in hospital having had a hip replacement, she said to me " dads just been " (my dad had been dead 25yrs) .
    I passed it off as the anesthetic wearing off and she had been dreaming.
    The following morning my mother passed away. :cry:

Looking back, whether she meant her dad or mine I don't know.

edit:
    Another thing I have heard is some people will say " I don't feel to well, I'm going up for a lie down" next thing they're dead on the bed

My uncle did this he was having a heart attack so obviously didn't feel well, though he managed to get up and walk downstairs just before he died to say ring the doctor and then he just literally dropped dead
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really! Don't you think it's true then ? But the death clock thing is true right? :rolleyes:
    NO IT'S NOT! It's all bull****. No one knows what will happen in the future and no one knows when our time on earth will end :yawn:
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    If this cat comes for a cuddle you know you're in trouble:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19959718/
  • snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,103
    Forum Member
    Biz wrote: »
    My husband called out to both the day before he died. In retrospect, I think it was at the point of no return.

awww Biz
  • BizBiz Posts: 14,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Life's never the same again, snowy. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My date with the grim reaper is:
    Saturday June 16th 2015
    223,637,165 seconds away

How do you know that?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    My dad knew he'd die by 45 when he was about 20, and kept saying.

His left side of his heart collapsed a month before his 46th birthday..

Very.. I don't know what to make of it tbh.. My dad was a very funny/chilled guy so .. yeah.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,776
    Forum Member
    sleeping and never awakening
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When i die i'll stop breathing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KJ44 wrote: »
    Same reason you know you're *not* going to die. If you've got a choice, it's about giving up or not giving up.
    I've seen too many people who wanted to live but who died prematurely to know that's nonsense.
  • OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah about a week before my Grandad died he said that his mum was standing next to the fire, when we couldn't seen anyone. Spooky.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezzie H wrote: »

Very.. I don't know what to make of it tbh.. My dad was a very funny/chilled guy so .. yeah.

Things like that are weird, my mum used to say my brother would die young (as in his teens) and then he hit 21 and she thought phew he won't and then a few months before he hit 22 he died
  • ollybelleollybelle Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    softfuzz wrote: »
    Have you got a tail to tell us?:D
    Do you mean a 'tale' :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ezzie H wrote: »

That was sad but I have to say I AWAYS knew I would die when I was 33... and that was a good many years ago. Had your father a history of heart disease? I had a work colleague whose male members of the family all died at 50 and he was determined not to. After a heart attack, he returned to work and took up a fitness and healthy eating regime. So determined was he, he eventually GAVE aerobic classes only to die of another heart attack whilst leading one, at the age of 49. Very sad but I believe giving gym classes was sheer madness for a man with his health record.
  • ollybelleollybelle Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My nan called out saying 'oh Father' just before she died. Peeps present were not sure whether it was a religous excalmation or her dad she was calling :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *tiffany* wrote: »
    Things like that are weird, my mum used to say my brother would die young (as in his teens) and then he hit 21 and she thought phew he won't and then a few months before he hit 22 he died
    I do hope she never told your brother of his fears whilst he was alive. :eek:On a separate matter, it is against the law apparently for mediums to tell clients exactly when they are going to die in case it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy I suppose.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SinSeer wrote: »
    I do hope she never told your brother of his fears whilst he was alive. :eek:On a separate matter, it is against the law apparently for mediums to tell clients exactly when they are going to die in case it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy I suppose.

He did actually know but only because we he was named after a relative who died in an accident young and my brother also happened to be very accident prone, that's why my mum would worry he would go young too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    True story here... something spooky happened when I was a little boy some many years back now.

An old lady who lived a few doors away was talking to my mum about two days before christmas and she said something like "thanks for being a good neighbour, I'll always remember you" and she patted my mums arm and walked off. I remember asking my mum why did she say that - and she said she didn't know, it was a bit strange.

On christmas day, the old lady died suddenly and unexpectedly. I've never forgotten that, it's always made me feel a bit spooky when I recall it!!! :eek:
  • Serenity79Serenity79 Posts: 1,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After the hustle and bustle of Christmas day, I found myself sitting with my Gran in the living room that evening, talking about how nice the day had been. She said she'd had a great time and how pleased she was to see the whole family gathered together like that. Then she said it was nice to have that lovely Christmas day because she wasn't going to see another one.

I told her not to talk like that, because even though she was 87 she was in great health. She just looked at me and smiled, then shook her head.

Three weeks later she was dead. Heart attack.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Todd wrote: »
    it tells you on that death clock website. simple really.

I don't take that thing seriously. It's only the vaguest of guides, and by the time a few years have passed since you punched in your details, the entire dynamics of your life could have changed.
    littlefro wrote: »
    In my nursing days, the elderly would call out to 'mother' or 'father' or whoever was close to them and had already passed on, and had appeared in front of them.

I also remember the smell of iminent death on other occasions. It's difficult to describe it in words.

I cleared out a room once, where somebody had died a few days before. The entire room was infused with a strange "sweet" smell. That's the closest I can describe it.
  • winenroseswinenroses Posts: 6,470
    Forum Member
    We're ALL going to die in 2012 - the ancient mayans predicted it ! December 21st apparently - so no worries about Xmas presents that year! :D

They didn't say we're all going to die, but that this date marks a significant shift. I think you'll find we're still around on the whole, some more than others. :)