Options

Dexter Season 5 (US Pace) [Spoilers MUST be in tags!]

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any significance to Dexter throwing that laptop in the ocean near the crime scene? Yeah the water will probably mess it up, but seemed a bit rash do it to so close to the scene! Although I guess his whole reaction there was pretty rash compared to usual Dexter!!

In real life forensics they would almost certainly search the water and they would almost certainly be able to recover the contents of that laptop's hard drive. It remains to be seen what happens in the drama next week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure the trailer showed Batista looking at the incriminating laptop... or did I imagine it??
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure the trailer showed Batista looking at the incriminating laptop... or did I imagine it??

if you're going to comment on the trailer, please use spoiler tags as it's giving away spoilers about the final episode ..
    .. but it was liddy in one of his god awful hawaiian shirts ..
  • Options
    Alien28Alien28 Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a little theory, I wonder if somehow they'll end up blaming Quinn for murdering Robocop! Else what was the significance of the blood on his shoe!

I hope I'm wrong, but it's a possibility.

I really wish I had not seen a version with a trailer on the end! lol!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesnt killing robocop violate the code though? Like the way he kept Doakes in that cage because he couldn't figure out what to do. Plus he was prepared to kill Quinn as well. Both essentially innocent guys, dieing only because they were onto him.

I think that's the darkest Dexter has been portrayed so far.
  • Options
    AnachronyAnachrony Posts: 2,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alien28 wrote: »
    Here's a little theory, I wonder if somehow they'll end up blaming Quinn for murdering Robocop! Else what was the significance of the blood on his shoe!

Another good point, but if Quinn were to be arrested and go to trial, he'd keep trying to prove Dexter did it. Even if the evidence wasn't there to convict Dexter, it would damage his reputation too much and put him on everyone's radar enough that he couldn't get away with the things he does.
  • Options
    JazzSP8JazzSP8 Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    skribbleuk wrote: »
    Doesnt killing robocop violate the code though? Like the way he kept Doakes in that cage because he couldn't figure out what to do. Plus he was prepared to kill Quinn as well. Both essentially innocent guys, dieing only because they were onto him.

I think that's the darkest Dexter has been portrayed so far.

I think this was more of a self defence thing, he didn't really have a lot of choice at that point, BUT ...

Definately the darkest Dexter - He killed the guy in the toilets at the beginning of the season for no real reason, so, guess the code is becoming less important to him?
  • Options
    stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    Alien28 wrote: »

I hope I'm wrong, but it's a possibility.

I really wish I had not seen a version with a trailer on the end! lol!
    Yeah that is what is sort of suggested from the spoilers of next week's episode.

It was a little too convenient the way Robocop was dealt with for my liking. Quinn getting just a little bit of blood on his shoe, so much so that he wouldn't have noticed. Plus not hearing dead Robocop's mobile go off in the van before Dexter had the chance to turn it off. That sad I was surprised Robocop got the jump on Dexter! I thought Dexter was going to open up the van and see Robocop sitting there with his laptop looking at the videos of Lumen and Dexter. Mind you I am surprised Robocop hasn't died earlier because of his diet, from which I can see consists of Tequila and burgers! :D
    The spoilers sort of suggest that Deb catches Dexter in his "kill room", but I think that is unlikely. More likely that she catches Lumen.

Still can't wait until next week's episode.
  • Options
    dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stripedcat wrote: »
    Yeah that is what is sort of suggested from the spoilers of next week's episode.

It was a little too convenient the way Robocop was dealt with for my liking. Quinn getting just a little bit of blood on his shoe, so much so that he wouldn't have noticed. Plus not hearing dead Robocop's mobile go off in the van before Dexter had the chance to turn it off. That sad I was surprised Robocop got the jump on Dexter! I thought Dexter was going to open up the van and see Robocop sitting there with his laptop looking at the videos of Lumen and Dexter. Mind you I am surprised Robocop hasn't died earlier because of his diet, from which I can see consists of Tequila and burgers! :D
    The spoilers sort of suggest that Deb catches Dexter in his "kill room", but I think that is unlikely. More likely that she catches Lumen.

Still can't wait until next week's episode.

Can you PLEASE keep spoilers, including information about promos, within spoiler tags as clearly stated in the thread title? I want this thread to be able to accommodate everyone. Have asked Forum Support to tag relevant posts.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What happened to the
    syringe
    ????? :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved that episode!!

Great tension knowing Lumen was walking into a trap!
    Now I'm wondering if she'll survive!!

Robocop's death is surely going to reopen Quinn's suspisions? (I mean surely the body is found?? Unless thats a season 6 theme and the body is found near the end??)

Monday can't come quick enough for me now!
  • Options
    JazzSP8JazzSP8 Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    Hummmm... Regarding the Quinn gets framed scenario... Which I think holds some water...

Just tought, Quinn tried to ring Robocop at the time of Death.. Would that count for or against him?

Works for him with regards to why would he be phoning someone in the middle of killing him.

Works against him if they do some fancy pants geolocation stuff with his phone?

MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Options
    Miss HavershamMiss Haversham Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't we also see in the preview trailer that Masuko was looking at the footage Robocop shot of Dex and Lumen in the apartment practicing with the knives?
    I hope that Lumen is around for next season, the dynamic with her and Dex is fascinating - it is the first time Dexter is allowed to be 100% himself, dark passenger and all - you can see the newness is strange and yet liberating for Dex, the scene where she comes in looking for approval on her outfit said it all for me - his suppressed excitement and pleasure in knowing that another person was accompanying him on his dark journey, and cared enough to worry about what they looked like, felt almost like a first date! The small smile he exhibits when he gives a little gifts that relate directly to his dark side (gloves, penknife) again illustrates how much he likes her (even though I don't think he realises how much - though Deb's calling it Love, certainly made him question exactly what it is he does feel)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't we also see in the preview trailer that Masuko was looking at the footage Robocop shot of Dex and Lumen in the apartment practicing with the knives?

I hope that Lumen is around for next season, the dynamic with her and Dex is fascinating - it is the first time Dexter is allowed to be 100% himself, dark passenger and all - you can see the newness is strange and yet liberating for Dex, the scene where she comes in looking for approval on her outfit said it all for me - his suppressed excitement and pleasure in knowing that another person was accompanying him on his dark journey, and cared enough to worry about what they looked like, felt almost like a first date! The small smile he exhibits when he gives a little gifts that relate directly to his dark side (gloves, penknife) again illustrates how much he likes her (even though I don't think he realises how much - though Deb's calling it Love, certainly made him question exactly what it is he does feel)

Again, please do not discuss anything relating to the promos for next week unless you put it inside spoiler tags, it's unfair for the US pacers who don't want to be spoiled.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    It will be difficult for 'them' to wrap up all the story lines in a 50 minute episode..

Dexter is destined to be alone, my feeling is that Luman will take the fall one way or another for the vigilanty murders, be it through personal sacrifice or Dexter being forced to 'frame' her for his on survival.

As it relates to robocop (lol) there is no evidence to implicate Dexter in this one, they may well just leave that story line as is there - Quinn's suspicions being raised, without evidence, means little and I cant imagine they will go down the line of even addressing the evidence in the water.

The blood on the shoe seems to be of importance though.

The only curve ball here, as it related to quinn, are the photos of Dex and Luman disposing of the body - however his love of Debs has been played out to the extent that he may turn a blind eye - I can't imagine that they would finish a series with another one of Debs loves dead !!

Either way they have set it up nicely and can easily extend story lines from this series in to the next.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was very lucky that Robocop decided to leave Dexter's gloves on when he tied his hands. Surely any normal person would have removed them first? I guess they had to do this though to prevent Dexter's prints being found all over the van.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You don't need to use spoiler tags to discuss things from episodes which have already aired in the US ;):)

Tags are only needed for stuff from episodes not yet aired: e.g. discussing the content of "Next week on Dexter" promos.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh ok. I thought we also had to hide spoilers from the folk who are watching Dexter season 4 at UK pace, and haven't yet seen the episode where he
    gets abducted by aliens.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, people watching anything at UK Pace should know that they enter a US Pace thread at their peril. The whole point of the different "Pace" threads is so that people can discuss stuff without the whole thread being made out of spoiler tags :)

LOL @ the spoiler btw!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh ok. I thought we also had to hide spoilers from the folk who are watching Dexter season 4 at UK pace, and haven't yet seen the episode where he
    gets abducted by aliens.

It's all explained in post #1 of the thread :)
  • Options
    srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that the First victim will be labeled as the 13th girl and Vigilante.
    I also agree that Quinn will get the blame for Liddy, only reason why he would drive up, get incriminating evidence on him and then just drive away.

As for killing Liddy and the code, the Prime Directive of the Code is "Don't get caught".

If Quinn is arrested and tries to point the finger at Dex then this will just seem like the desperate act of someone in trouble trying to find a scape goat.
    Deb knows Quinn and Liddy had dealings. There will be phone records that show them communicating.
    Dex and Liddy = no ties. only Quinn's word.

Dex will be able to get the photos from Quinn's place now that he knows the source was Liddy. He can also go clear out Liddy's place. If he wanted to be mean he could plant some Quinn type evidence there while at it. But I doubt he would do that. We don't hate Quinn enough to want him convicted.
    One weakness with Dexter is we alway hate the people he kills. He never finds a nice serial killer (like himself) to take out. even Miguel, his first real friend, turned out to be a real dick before he was killed.

I'm guessing next season will be about Quinn in prison trying to prove his innocance. He might even try (and might get if he doesn't blame Dex) Deb on side to help him investigate.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    I hope that Lumen is around for next season

God i hope not , Her acting is awful , she alone has ruined this series more than anything.

Miss styles has been savaged by US critics for her "wooden performance" so hopefully she either gets killed or locked up in prison.
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member

I agree Lumen has added a different dynamic to Dexter that being involved with Rita never could and would like it explored more and for her to be around next season
  • Options
    eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm...sadly I think Quinn is not long for this world and he is going to get blamed as the vigilante and as having killed Liddy to protect himself when Liddy found out about it.
  • Options
    eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay forget that rubbish idea ...they already did it with Doakes !!!!

Be interesting to see how they get out of this one ?