Options

Solange Knowles attacks Jay Z! (Video)

Comments

• Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    I wonder if this is the start of the publicists work to explain it all
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2626389/Jay-Z-ATTACKED-Beyonces-sister-Solange.html

Was there a rumour Solange cancelled her tour due to drug problems? I don't remember reading anything about it and read a lot of trash hollywood gossip.:blush:
  • Options
    christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, just saw the footage. That's pretty crazy stuff. God knows what's going on there.
    Bet they're not happy about that leak though.
  • Options
    iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well I expected her to come out of the lift with a face that didnt look like the cat who got all the cream

Whether it was Jay or Solange who were in the wrong I dont think any sane person witnessing that outburst would smile for the cameras as though all was right with the world

IMO Bey is either pleased with the outcome of the spat or more interested in keeping her fairytale alive and accepting violence as a natural way of life

I dont know who was in the wrong as I (as all of us) dont know the details of the spat but I do know that after witnessing the spat between her husband and sister I find her reaction to it all very very odd and I find it more disturbing than the spat between Jay and Solange
    Thats quite sinister.

If your life is constantly in the media you would be used to 'putting a brave face on'.

Cat that got the cream.. ? Seriously?

Shes more likely to be avoiding a front page headline with her reaction.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d0llface wrote: »
    Love Bey's Hollywood smile for the cameras as she steps into the car, like nothing ever happened...

I found that so creepy.

Solange is like a wild animal in that video. No matter what happened to set her off, she needs help.
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Welcome to the club." - Rihanna comforting Jay Z.

:blush::blush::blush:
  • Options
    jclock66jclock66 Posts: 2,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow that woman is going bat shit crazy in the lift at him I bet hes been cheating on Beyonce and Solange has found out

Of course.

When a man is assaulted, it's usually his fault, everyone knows this.
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    At one point of the video in the lift, Beyonce stood in front of her sister, facing Jay Z and appeared to be shouting at him. She was also shaking her head a few times while they were talking, as if in disbelief at what either Jay Z or Solange was saying.

The fake smile was probably just Beyonce trying to give the impression that everything was fine so people wouldn't speculate, except that tbe leaked CCTV footage proved otherwise.
  • Options
    BobbyNoMatesBobbyNoMates Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jclock66 wrote: »
    Of course.

Glad I'm not the only one a bit perturbed by all this victim blaming.

There is no justification for attacking someone like that, male or female. But yes, let's all talk about what he's done to deserve it. He was probably asking for it. How are you supposed to keep guys in line without a little punch every now and again, just to show them who's boss? Maybe if he didn't screw up he wouldn't have been hit.
  • Options
    Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    jclock66 wrote: »
    Of course.

Tbf when Rihanna was beaten by Chris there were tonnes of similar comments about how she "must have" hit him first, been cheating, given him an STD etc
    Lots of victim blaming there too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    There has always been something a bit off for me about Beyonce. That God loving, squeaky clean image and fake smile just never allowed me to connect with her as a music artist. I think she is good at what she does, but I just don't get a sense of who she is or how she feels. She is robotic and this latest footage has convinced me even more so that there is something amiss here with her and her relationship with Jay Z.

She must be desperate to appear as the happiest woman on Earth to the public, so much so that maybe she is buying into her own self created image that she's forgotten who she really is. I'm not saying Jay Z is deserving of abuse, but wouldn't you defend him if you believed your sister was in the wrong attacking him like she did? Her inaction's speak volumes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    I'm not saying Jay Z is deserving of abuse, but wouldn't you defend him if you believed your sister was in the wrong attacking him like she did? Her inaction's speak volumes.

Yeah man, totally. Just the other day I was at a party with my brother and my wife. We got into a lift and my brother started smacking my wife around. Our friend was in the lift with us and tried holding my brother back, but he still managed to get a good few knocks in, smacking her round the face, kicking her in the stomach. It's ok though, she cheated on me, so I didn't want to get involved - far be it from me to keep that bitch from getting what she deserved, you know what I mean?

Anyway after we got out the lift I got into a cab with my bro and let my wife make her own way home. Hopefully the silly cow spent a long time licking her wounds and thinking about what she'd done.
  • Options
    gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    if the roles were reversed it would be front page news

but as it a woman hitting and kicking a man its a minor story

typical double standards
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah man, totally. Just the other day I was at a party with my brother and my wife. We got into a lift and my brother started smacking my wife around. Our friend was in the lift with us and tried holding my brother back, but he still managed to get a good few knocks in, smacking her round the face, kicking her in the stomach. It's ok though, she cheated on me, so I didn't want to get involved - far be it from me to keep that bitch from getting what she deserved, you know what I mean?

Anyway after we got out the lift I got into a cab with my bro and let my wife make her own way home. Hopefully the silly cow spent a long time licking her wounds and thinking about what she'd done.

Have the school summer holidays started early this year?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have the school summer holidays started early this year?

I'm not sure. Which part of my response made you think I was of school age? Was it my abhorrence of violence or my refusal to speculate on the culpability of the victim that made me sound immature to you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure. Which part of my response made you think I was of school age? Was it my abhorrence of violence or my refusal to speculate on the culpability of the victim that made me sound immature to you?

I just got a child's response from what you wrote. I'm sorry but did you not get that from what I wrote the first time?
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Jay Z showed tremendous restraint IMO

I'd agree there, whatever he may, or may not, have done, no one, male or female, should be physically attacked - or indeed be take any of the blame for being attacked like that.
  • Options
    LoriseLorise Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad I'm not the only one a bit perturbed by all this victim blaming.

There is no justification for attacking someone like that, male or female. But yes, let's all talk about what he's done to deserve it. He was probably asking for it. How are you supposed to keep guys in line without a little punch every now and again, just to show them who's boss? Maybe if he didn't screw up he wouldn't have been hit.

Agree

No excuse for attacking someone like that, and B should of stepped in and calmed her sister down.
    but to me she looked more bothered about her dress getting ripped as the only time she moved was when someone stepped on it, she was all for staying perfect for the cameras.
    yes of course I don't expect her to step out of lift and reveal all, but surely you would see some emotion on her face after a attack like that ( like JayZ the guy looked in shock and S just looked mad)....unless she has seen her sister in that state before?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just got a child's response from what your wrote. I'm sorry but did you not get that from what I wrote the first time?

Not especially. I saw this:
    I'm not saying Jay Z is deserving of abuse, but wouldn't you defend him if you believed your sister was in the wrong attacking him like she did? Her inaction's speak volumes.

Her inaction speaks volumes about what? His possible culpability? Problems in their relationship that would lead her to not defend him? If gender roles were reversed here there would be no speculation on either matter - everything would be geared towards condemning the perpetrator. And yet in this situation there seems to be substantial wiggle room to find something else to focus on - 'Oh he must have done something' 'Oh my, their relationship must be so odd!'

Now this isn't focused particularly on you but on a few responses I've seen about this story - yours was simply the first I quoted. Why is there this weird double standard between male-to-female violence and female-to-male violence? It strikes me as very odd and something that probably should have died a death by now.

As an aside, I'm not sure why this warrants being called a "child's response" either. Perhaps you're the one who should find a more mature way of communicating?
  • Options
    KookyKatieKookyKatie Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her inaction's speak volumes.

No, it doesn't. Beyonce probably realised she would just escalate the situation if she started getting too involved. The last thing they needed was more screaming, shouting and flailing limbs in a crowded elevator. It's better to be calm than add to the melee. Beyonce did the mature thing.

However, if you watch the video carefully, there is a point where Solange is still kicking out as the bodyguard is trying to shield Jay-Z, and Beyonce steps between them to add another barrier to Solange's attacks.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The strangest thing about the video is how passive Beyonce is. She literally just stands there while it kicks off as if she was an innocent bystander caught up in someone else's fight. Even when her sister starts kicking him she doesn't even attempt to stop it happening or attempt to calm her sister down. She eventually stood between them but shesh.. she sure took her time doing it. I wonder what that's all about? Maybe she just knows not to get in her sisters way? Even if Jay Z had said something to her.. surely Beyonce would want to stop her sister attacking physically him for it? Perhaps she's pregnant?

Wasn't exactly Tupac at the MGM. These rappers are getting soft.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Grey Lady wrote: »
    I found that so creepy.

I see it as old school professionalism; there were people waiting to photograph her, therefore 'the show must go on'.

Since the Blue Ivy Tumblr account, the Mrs Carter tour and the announcement of the joint tour, the Carter-Knowles have established themselves as a brand. They have a lucrative business partnership, apart from anything else.

I can't see a break-up happening any time soon. Many a public couple have presented a united front in public while living separate lives in private. The perfect lives that some people project onto celebrities really is just fantasy. They are flawed, damaged and human.

But I agree - Solange's behaviour is not acceptable and some anger management, at the very least, is probably in order.
  • Options
    Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught a bit of Loose Women - Jamilia says she has worked with these people several times on tour - she said something along the lines of B & S are very, very close, like best friends and that although JZ&B give the impression they are very lovey dovey for the cameras she has never seen them do the same in private. They appear to not be that close.

The above is not verbatim and I didn't hear the whole conversation properly.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Solange was seen arguing with other people at the Met Ball before she got into her argument with Jay Z in the lift on the same night

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2626791/Kim-Kardashians-pal-Rachel-Roy-publicly-argued-Solange-singer-attacked-Jay-Z-elevator-Met-party.html
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    There has always been something a bit off for me about Beyonce. That God loving, squeaky clean image and fake smile just never allowed me to connect with her as a music artist. I think she is good at what she does, but I just don't get a sense of who she is or how she feels. She is robotic and this latest footage has convinced me even more so that there is something amiss here with her and her relationship with Jay Z.
    Beneath the mask she's an enigma. Same with most celebs behind closed door.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She's had the wedding ring tattoo removed from her finger and removed the whopping engagement ring as well.