Old sitcoms never showed on TV

123457»

Comments

• lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spiney2 wrote: »
    goodies humour is currently avaiable on ISIRTA wednesdays r4 extra (and iplayer of course). in particular bill oddie's amazing songs which got him into professional showbiz .......

ISIRTA preceded The Goodies of course. I used to listen to it first time around, gags from ISIRTA appeared in many later programmes and not always ones involving people who took part in ISIRTA.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    Fiddlers Three - not sure if it has been mentioned already. Again, starring Peter Davison.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love see some of the All Along the Watchtower series again, mainly because I have been to most of the ROTOR sites in Scotland as well as some others so would like to see how many parallels I can now see. I have never seen anything written about what inspired the series.
  • Aidan11Aidan11 Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone mentioned The Lovers yet?

Early 70s comedy with Richard Beckinsale & Paula Wilcox. They also made a spin-off film which I have tried for years to get hold of a copy but to no avail.
  • northantsgirlnorthantsgirl Posts: 4,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamDavis wrote: »
    Fiddlers Three - not sure if it has been mentioned already. Again, starring Peter Davison.

Which was basically a cover version of ATV's mid seventies comedy The Squirrels (I think the writer, Eric Chappell, re-jigged his original scripts).
    The Squirrels was a good ATV sitcom, and the term a "good ATV sitcom" is quite a rare one! (a pity the third series after Chappell left to write Rising Damp was not very good).
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anglia never bothered making sitcoms, preferring to offer drama, nature and game shows to the network, but has 'Backs to the Land' from the late 1970s or 'Marjorie and Men' from 1985 ever been repeated? I've never seen either.

'Marjorie and Men' stars Patricia Routledge pre-Mrs Bucket and also gave a young Michelle Collins a break into television