Options

Scott was better than Alison in the DO

thengp12thengp12 Posts: 5,671
Forum Member
I am about to get slaughtered for this but this is my opinion.

Yes Scott should have gone weeks ago BUT I AGREE with Len Scott was better than Alison.

There was far more heel leads in his Foxtrot than heel leads in Alison Foxtrot sections in her American Smooth So Scott's dance "drove" more across the floor than Alison also did Alison make more mistakes in her dance than Scott?

His was entertaining and I got bored with Alison's

I honestly think the other three would have voted for Alison anyway REGARDLESS of technique

Comments

• Options
    scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. Alison was just wafting around.
  • Options
    XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member
    I know! I am outraged that blimmin' Alison stayed in over Scott. I would have accepted anyone but Alison....even Judy!
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In a way though it's fair because you couldn't say that overall Scott is a better dancer. She has rhythm and Scott hasn't any. The right result.
  • Options
    nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scott danced the best I have ever seen him do. I thought it was a very close call, certainly much closer than I could have ever imagined. He was unlucky.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. He won the DO, but I sort of knew they would pick Alison. I was surprised Len had the integrity (for him) to say he would have saved Scott.
  • Options
    FiercelyHipFiercelyHip Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew Scott would go no matter what, but to me, it's Alison who should have gone as she's the worst left in the comp imo. She's a good talker but in terms of action? Nada.
  • Options
    penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For the first time in my life, I agreed with Len. But they were always going to put Alison through. Bet she survives for a few weeks yet.
  • Options
    TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely the vote is based solely on the dance off, regardless of how they performed before?
    In which case Scott should have stayed.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    I was happy whichever one got the boot.
  • Options
    Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He wuz robbed.

Agree he should have gone a couple of weeks back,but 'tonight' that characterisation was actually rather good and Len said his foxtrot bit was better.
  • Options
    attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No way. He was better than usual but the amount of steps in the routine were at an absolute minimum.
  • Options
    thengp12thengp12 Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    This reminded me of Ashley v Patrick DO when I thought Ashley's Salsa was better than Patrick's Contemporary/Rumba and Len would have voted for Ashley as Patrick committed the cardinal sin of Rumba by having heel leads even Karen Hardy said the other three were wrong and again i think the other three would have voted for Patrick anyway especially Craig who did not like Ashley hence the 8 weeks of 8 scoring when the dance deserved a 9/10 and Darcey who flat out fancied Patrick hence the undeserved 10s in American Smooth and Rumba.
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tellystar wrote: »
    Surely the vote is based solely on the dance off, regardless of how they performed before?
    In which case Scott should have stayed.

The vote is based on whatever the heck the judges feel like basing it on depending on who is in the dance off.

The dance off itself, a celeb's overall ability, past performance, future performance, whether the judge would like to give them one, whether there's a "r" in the month, what colour aura the celeb happens to be exuding, what colour knickers Darcey happens to be wearing...
  • Options
    via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that Scott was better.
    But I'm pleased to see Aljaz at least one more week.
    And yes, I'm shallow :)
  • Options
    yorkshirelass2yorkshirelass2 Posts: 2,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the first time in my life, I agreed with Len. But they were always going to put Alison through. Bet she survives for a few weeks yet.

I've wanted Scott to go from the start, as he was so consistently terrible, but this weekend his dance was his best yet and though I hate to admit it, he was better than Alison in the DO. So actually he should have stayed this weekend - but I'm glad he's gone !!
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought both gave their best performances of the series, but I would have kept Alison..just.
    I think Judy gave the worst performance of the week, but fair play, she admitted that herself.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol the judges weren't going to waste this opportunity to get rid of him :D:D:D

I agree with you Op. He was so much better than her.
  • Options
    zonazona Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    No way. He was better than usual but the amount of steps in the routine were at an absolute minimum.

This!
  • Options
    Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thengp12 wrote: »
    This reminded me of Ashley v Patrick DO when I thought Ashley's Salsa was better than Patrick's Contemporary/Rumba and Len would have voted for Ashley as Patrick committed the cardinal sin of Rumba by having heel leads even Karen Hardy said the other three were wrong and again i think the other three would have voted for Patrick anyway especially Craig who did not like Ashley hence the 8 weeks of 8 scoring when the dance deserved a 9/10 and Darcey who flat out fancied Patrick hence the undeserved 10s in American Smooth and Rumba.

The sad thing is after a a couple of fun bits of Anya choreo,Patrick seemed to run out of steam whereas Ashley kept quietly churning out decent dances even when asked to do a cowboy paso.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alison actually moved her feet in time to the music for a while..that was a first. She deserved to stay.
  • Options
    latinlouloulatinloulou Posts: 3,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Scott danced better in the DO than he did during the main show, that saying, it was certainly time for him to go,
  • Options
    mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also thought Scott should have gone weeks ago!.... but I did feel sorry for him tonight!....... I really enjoyed his dance!.........:(
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    Lol the judges weren't going to waste this opportunity to get rid of him :D:D:D

I agree with you Op. He was so much better than her.

Agreed. I knew Scott was a goner, but fair play to Len, and I agreed with him. :)
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    thengp12 wrote: »

You're reminded of a dance off between two very good dancers by a dance-off between Alison Hammond and one of the most hopeless dancers the show's seen in years?

No, I'm not seeing it...
  • Options
    fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, I found his performance far more entertaining and actually enjoyed it, felt he had shown some improvement and though there wasn't much content it was still far more than Alison who is utterly predictable,yawn fest of wafting and grinning......I have seen no improvement from her and don't find it entertaining .....have to say I tend to watch her partner she bores me that much.