Options

EE - Jane ... Did she kill Lucy?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
Forum Member
# She randomly reappeared at the start of the year.

# She mentioned tonight about the present for Beth that it had been given to her.

# With Waterloo Road coming to an end it gives the impression she's back to stay, throwing everybody off her scent.

# Her and Ian get engaged close to the reveal meaning the fallout of it being her would be even bigger.

# She staggered about attending the funeral.

I can't think of a motive but who knows, it could be Jane.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i keep thinking it was Jane..She is getting closer to Ian, slept with him and now proposed..Imagine if she did and his reaction to it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    i keep thinking it was Jane..She is getting closer to Ian, slept with him and now proposed..Imagine if she did and his reaction to it

Yeah Ian would be devastated, why would she want to kill Lucy though?
  • Options
    lollipop1995lollipop1995 Posts: 2,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you know I was wondering briefly if it could have Jane that left the present(she would never do that to ian and the kids though, would she?!) Jane is definitely one of my suspects, along with Peter and Cindy Jr. Reckon Lauren's hiding something aswell judging by how she acted so suspiciously in yesterday's episode
  • Options
    bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,841
    Forum Member
    I think so, or at the very least she was involved in moving the body. I can't shake off the fact that Jane's car was so heavily featured during lucy's death episodes. She would have had the means to move the body out to the common.
  • Options
    ZadethZadeth Posts: 5,450
    Forum Member
    bean_of_sb wrote: »
    I think so, or at the very least she was involved in moving the body. I can't shake off the fact that Jane's car was so heavily featured during lucy's death episodes. She would have had the means to move the body out to the common.

Even in the promo for the Lucy death storyline, Jane is by her car.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leo317 wrote: »
    # She randomly reappeared at the start of the year.

# She mentioned tonight about the present for Beth that it had been given to her.

# With Waterloo Road coming to an end it gives the impression she's back to stay, throwing everybody off her scent.

# Her and Ian get engaged close to the reveal meaning the fallout of it being her would be even bigger.

# She staggered about attending the funeral.

I can't think of a motive but who knows, it could be Jane.

I completely think its Jane. She acted extremely suspiciously around the time of the funeral.

Refusing to go to the funeral, that great scene where she was all stoic then burst into tears outside his front door, shagging him just after Lucy's death (guilty shag??)

ESP now if they marry-imagine the altar scene as she confesses to Lucys murder!
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight, there was a scene involving only her in which she had a weird expression on her face. It was like she was exhausted. Perhaps living a lie is taking its toll, which is why she's stepping things up a gear and proposing to Ian rather suddenly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bean_of_sb wrote: »

Great point about the car. Does anyone even remember why she first came back?
  • Options
    ZadethZadeth Posts: 5,450
    Forum Member
    Leo317 wrote: »
    Great point about the car. Does anyone even remember why she first came back?

From Wikipedia:

"Peter begins to worry about Ian's behaviour, he calls Jane. She arrives at their house, to Ian's shock, as he is about to propose to his current girlfriend, Jane's old friend Denise Fox (Diane Parish). Things are awkward between her and Denise, and Ian breaks down after a heart-to-heart with Jane, revealing that the pressure of his life is overwhelming him. Jane encourages him to remain strong and advises Peter to talk to Denise about it. Jane returns again the following month to see Bobby compete in a spelling competition at school. Jane lodges with Masood, after agreeing to buy into Ian's restaurant. Masood misinterprets her advances and kisses her, but she rebuffs him. Whilst bonding with Jane over past experiences, Ian kisses her but Jane is humiliated and flees the house. Jane is appalled when Max Branning (Jake Wood) tries to seduce her. Jane makes it clear to Ian that they are only friends, but agrees to keep the truth from Denise. Masood's daughter, Shabnam Masood (Rakhee Thakrar), dislikes Jane and Masood's closeness and plots to push Jane closer to Ian, though Denise is trying to push Jane and Masood closer together, and they eventually become a couple. Jane is devastated when Lucy is murdered. Whilst grieving, Jane and Ian have sex, but whilst Ian hopes that they will reunite, Jane immediately regrets her actions. She tells Ian that it was a mistake and he takes his anger out on Bobby. Jane therefore decides to take Bobby away so that Ian can grieve properly, and she breaks up with Masood. Jane and Bobby stay with Christian, and they return for Lucy's funeral. Jane realises that Ian needs more time alone so she leaves with Bobby."
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zadeth wrote: »
    From Wikipedia:

"Peter begins to worry about Ian's behaviour, he calls Jane. She arrives at their house, to Ian's shock, as he is about to propose to his current girlfriend, Jane's old friend Denise Fox (Diane Parish). Things are awkward between her and Denise, and Ian breaks down after a heart-to-heart with Jane, revealing that the pressure of his life is overwhelming him. Jane encourages him to remain strong and advises Peter to talk to Denise about it. Jane returns again the following month to see Bobby compete in a spelling competition at school. Jane lodges with Masood, after agreeing to buy into Ian's restaurant. Masood misinterprets her advances and kisses her, but she rebuffs him. Whilst bonding with Jane over past experiences, Ian kisses her but Jane is humiliated and flees the house. Jane is appalled when Max Branning (Jake Wood) tries to seduce her. Jane makes it clear to Ian that they are only friends, but agrees to keep the truth from Denise. Masood's daughter, Shabnam Masood (Rakhee Thakrar), dislikes Jane and Masood's closeness and plots to push Jane closer to Ian, though Denise is trying to push Jane and Masood closer together, and they eventually become a couple. Jane is devastated when Lucy is murdered. Whilst grieving, Jane and Ian have sex, but whilst Ian hopes that they will reunite, Jane immediately regrets her actions. She tells Ian that it was a mistake and he takes his anger out on Bobby. Jane therefore decides to take Bobby away so that Ian can grieve properly, and she breaks up with Masood. Jane and Bobby stay with Christian, and they return for Lucy's funeral. Jane realises that Ian needs more time alone so she leaves with Bobby."

She's received good value from her railcard.
  • Options
    TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    Tonight's ep made me think it could be Jane as I find it hard to believe she has suddenly fallen for Ian again after telling him it was over numerous times. Also there is no way they are going to let Ian be happy again for the long term, something always goes wrong with his wives, and if it's Jane it will destroy Ian.
  • Options
    QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand what her motives would be
  • Options
    celtic starceltic star Posts: 8,254
    Forum Member
    QueenAmy wrote: »
    I don't understand what her motives would be

Something to do with Lucy,s baby ?
    Was nt Jane supposed to get it ?
    Then Lucy had a termination ?
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It does seem extremely bizarre how she's decided to propose to Ian out of the blue despite no build up. This makes me think that this is only happening in order to build up their happiness just for it to fall back down around the Lucy reveal. She could definitely be the killer no matter how absurd the idea is.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I was just thinking that! Or maybe she just wanted to get Ian back because if it weren't for him Stephen wouldn't have shot her leaving her infertile. I dunno. Maybe there doesn't need to be a motive it could've just been an accident. DTC did say originally the killer might not even know they've done it
  • Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was Bobby! He did it by mistake and Jane covered it up for him. There, sorted!
  • Options
    D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would me terrible if it were Jane.
  • Options
    QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

MAYBE but I'm sure that she knew that Ian pushed her into aborting the baby? Unless my memory is terrible
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd be shocked if it was her
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tonight has definitely made me think it was Jane!
  • Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With so many people 'figuring out' it was Jane tonight, it makes me even more sure it wasn't. They want it to be a shock. It's their big anniversary remember
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member

as Jane can't have kid's maybe she was jealous..then she Lucy, got rid of it ? killed her then
  • Options
    OkeyoatsOkeyoats Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    I've thought Jane for a LONG time after I dismissed Abi.... I know this much the killer was definitely in that room they had the Christmas meal in

I just remember thinking it was strange that Jane slept with Ian after Lucy dying then ran off to Birmingham and refused to go to Lucy's funeral because of Ian, it just all seemed like an excuse because she was feeling guilty

my family said it was Jane because she was the only one not wearing a Christmas hat which could be a clue :D:D I laughed at that
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think for one second jane would kill lucy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    as Jane can't have kid's maybe she was jealous..then she Lucy, got rid of it ? killed her then

I'm sure I remember Lucy having a conversation with Cindy when it was found out that Cindy was pregnant where Lucy mentioned about having had an abortion and that she felt it was the right thing for herself to do at the time.

Perhaps Cindy and Lucy had a few words over the cocaine incident and Lucy said that Cindy should have an abortion, leading Cindy to hit her or attack her.
    I don't think Lucy's fall at the car lot was a coincidence or red herring, I think it possibly started a bleed on the brain and the next blow to the head she received killed her. Perhaps it didn't kill her instantly, maybe Jane was going to drive Lucy somewhere after her argument with Cindy and she died in the car - leading Jane to cover up for Cindy but not actually tell Cindy that it was her who was responsible for Lucy's death. It would explain Jane acting so strangely about the funeral (and in general) and running away and coming back again.

The jewellery box being sent to Beth could be Jane trying to tell Cindy in her own way what happened as she's exhausted trying to keep it secret. Or it could be a way for Jane to figure out if Cindy even suspects that she might've caused Lucy's death or if she hasn't actually realised, as Jane would be the only person who she could ask and also one of few people who would know about the significance of Lucy's jewellery box.