Options

What is the WORST song you have ever heard?

Comments

• Options
    rollockingbatrollockingbat Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought Will.I.Am - The Hardest Ever was a pile of shite...
  • Options
    metal boxmetal box Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fine Young Cannibals - Ever Fallen In Love

I think this is probably the only song ive heard and thought...what the hell? Maybe its because i love the original so much, i dont know. I have tried listening to it as a song in it own right but it still sends my teeth on edge!
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    metal box wrote: »
    People have been hanged for lesser crimes than that.
  • Options
    ProgRockerProgRocker Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone listen to the Graham Norton Show on BBC Radio 2 Saturday Mornings?

He has a feature where listeners are invited to submit very bad songs. Yesterday it was this one from 1997:

Vanilla - No Way No Way Mna mna! :eek:

Growing up in the 80s, I heard the FYC version before the excellent Buzzcocks original. :p
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    metal box wrote: »

I think this is probably the only song ive heard and thought...what the hell? Maybe its because i love the original so much, i dont know. I have tried listening to it as a song in it own right but it still sends my teeth on edge!

I love the Buzzcocks version of this song and I agree that FYC ruined it, never liked FYC at all.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justin Timberlake has a song on his new album called Let The Groove Get In......it is headache inducing and pretty much flat out unlistenable:o
  • Options
    spanglystevespanglysteve Posts: 1,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I saw the title of this thread I was intending to put Vanilla No Way No Way, but you beat me to it.

Apparently it came about as a bet between some music execs (might even be simon cowell) who said that with the right marketing he could get anything to number 1 even if it was rubbish. They purposefully put this out knowing how bad it was to see if they could get it to number 1.

ProgRocker wrote: »
    Does anyone listen to the Graham Norton Show on BBC Radio 2 Saturday Mornings?

He has a feature where listeners are invited to submit very bad songs. Yesterday it was this one from 1997:

Vanilla - No Way No Way Mna mna! :eek:

Growing up in the 80s, I heard the FYC version before the excellent Buzzcocks original. :p
  • Options
    ***KEL******KEL*** Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DJames99 wrote: »
    Seconded I know it's a song about self-empowerment but I hate so much.

The lyrics in that are awful
    "do you ever feel like a plastic bag drifting through the wind wanting to start again"
    awful lyrics
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    Anything by Florence and the machines
  • Options
    ***KEL******KEL*** Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Girls aloud cover of ' i think were alone now' and that awful 'run the world' by Beyonce ... Its juat a loud noise of drums etc wih no real tune. I really cant stand that one.
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boselecta wrote: »
    Shout by Lulu is comfortably the worst song ever - every time I hear it I want to wring her neck.

We-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l.......... I don't unduly mind it!:D
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrsbadger wrote: »
    Anything by Florence and the machines

Never heard of them.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This! FINALLY someone who agrees with me! The worst, most god awful crap I've ever had the misfortune to hear, nothing but nothing makes me turn the radio off quicker:mad:

Same here i find most of Queens output Unlistenable as unpopular as that may be :o:p

For me worst song Ott Knows- 100,000 Voices the most pointless song ever add to that Coldplay- Fix you and anything Radiohead save for Creep.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    I don't enjoy listening to songs that have spoken lyrics rather than sang lyrics and I am not talking about good rapping here.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    We-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l.......... I don't unduly mind it!:D

And it formed a massive part of Little & Large's 'Famous people starting their cars' routine.
  • Options
    spotify95spotify95 Posts: 7,894
    Forum Member
    warszawa wrote: »
    Is this one of those threads where people just name songs they don't like?

Errr... yeah, that's kinda usual.

But I like to pick out the crap songs from the songs I just don't like.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Issues is the nicest and best song listed in this thread so far. The Saturdays have lost their way a bit recently, and I have not been so impressed by All fired Up or 30 Days.
    /QUOTE]

They're okay songs... I know which of the songs released by The Saturdays is the worst - Missing You!!!
    God, if you weren't depressed before, you were afterwards...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Black Eyed Peas - "Where is the love", "I Gotta Feeling", "Boom Boom Pow" their bastardized version of "The Time of My Life" - AWFUL act!
    Cheryl Cole's solo stuff
    Tulisa's solo stuff
    Dappy's soo stuff
    Anything by One Direction especially the dirge which made #1 a few weeks ago - obviously sales manipulation
    Don't go - Wretch 32
    Srillex - BangGang or whatever it's called...it's like someone was pressing random noises on a keyboard!
    Goyte - Somebody I used to know - Screaming in the chorus and a creepy video
    All the gangsta rap shite from the likes of 50cent, Dre etc - no melody just swearing and misonogy by numbers.

It is very hard to manipulate sales - especially with the OCC/iTunes charts.
    And without song names, I haven't a clue what you're talking about! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Duck Sauce - Barbara Streisand
    Possibly the most stupid and pointless excuse for a song ever.

Oh god yeah, I remember that! How that can be classed as a "song", I do not know! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Crank Dat- Soulja Boy. Pure sh!te.

Now THAT is what I call terrible - I cannot class it even as a "song" or "music".... one of the worst releases ever! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Either:

What Makes You Beautiful ~ One Direction

Or:

Do You Feel What I Feel? ~ JLS

Two good songs IMO - I vote for JLS out of the two though. (being the worst that is)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Either:

What Makes You Beautiful ~ One Direction

Or:

Do You Feel What I Feel? ~ JLS

Two good songs IMO - I vote for JLS out of the two though. (being the worst that is)

I know of a bad song that no-one else has mentioned though - Azealia Banks - 212!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stuff that isn't even a song, like the Crazy Frog fad. In terms of actual songs, I'm always going to say Swagger Jagger by Cher Lloyd...I will never cease to be amazed that it got to number one. People are nuts. :p

I am amazed at how either of those even charted to be honest. That's the definition of the worst song ever - but it isn't even a song imo!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bbclassics wrote: »
    Umbrella - Rihanna
    I will be so happy to never hear that song ever again,sadly some shops are intent on still playing it though :mad:

That was ages ago, surely they've stopped by now?
    It wasn't the worst, but not good...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jamesisace wrote: »
    Azealia Banks - 212
    JLS - Hottest Girl In The World and The Club Is Alive
    One Direction - Little Things and Gotta Be You
    The Wanted - I Found You
    The White Stripes - My Doorbell
    Rebecca Black - Friday
    Rihanna - Rude Boy

212 was just awful, I couldn't stand it either.
    The Club Is Alive was okay at the time (better than 212); Hottest Girl In The World wasn't that good either.
    Little Things and Gotta Be You were good.
    I Found You was crap
    I haven't heard My Doorbell.
    Friday is an abomination. How it got released I DO NOT KNOW.
    Rude Boy wasn't brilliant...