Options

Robson Green

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
Forum Member
Robson Green was on This Morning today pushing his extreme fishing show - he mentioned that he is about to film a show about two world war 2 friends who couldn't get in the army and so joined the home guard, Kevin Whately plays his friend. Might be okay - Dad's Army anyone?:)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    Robson Green watched him on this morning......what a knob head he is. Absolutely completely loves himself that bloke. And his programme looks like a load of shite.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    I second the above post - what a cock. He used to be a decent fella, now he's just a luvvie thesp being allowed by ITV to indulge his middle-class hobbies - and what is that accent?!
  • Options
    ppaupyppaupy Posts: 2,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the bit when he said fishing is my "Robson time".

I used to really fancy him but the last few years he has turned into a real bell-end.
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think his show is quality
  • Options
    James LamontJames Lamont Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know I am in a minority..but I loved Wire in the blood. Shame it ended.
  • Options
    TidleeTidlee Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When this guy first appeared in Casualty I was impressed by him. But I just can't stand him any more. If he's starring in something I won't watch it because he irritates the hell out of me.
  • Options
    westlifefan123westlifefan123 Posts: 4,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Robson Green and he is NOT up himself - he is funny, has a great sense of humour and he is a superb actor!!!!!

From Hayley
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Knob Head
  • Options
    skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    As an angler I hate the way he treats his fish and how he reels them in.It's just plain cruel.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    I think his entire life is his 'robson time'
    Tosser.
  • Options
    Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,759
    Forum Member
    I know I am in a minority..but I loved Wire in the blood. Shame it ended.

I liked Wire in the Blood too, and it was a shame it ended, but to me on any of the behind the scenes stuff he seemed so completely up his own bum he was in danger of disappearing up there.
  • Options
    northernslayernorthernslayer Posts: 3,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he's got such a mixed accent these days.

some more info on the tv show here
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/nov/06/alan-plater-drama-itv
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand him and never watch anything with him in it. Like everyone says, he is so far up himself.
  • Options
    juswotmawatchinjuswotmawatchin Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    wooo hooo:D

Another chance to say Robson Green you are a prize T*sser.

yet another chance to say ....Robson you love yourself so much all thats left is a mirror surrounding you.

Knobson Green........Swims with and catches fishes on TV.?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ppaupy wrote: »
    I loved the bit when he said fishing is my "Robson time".

I used to really fancy him but the last few years he has turned into a real bell-end.

What a tool!
  • Options
    yosebiteyosebite Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    I liked him back when he played Jimmy the porter in Casualty.

That was probably because he was playing a normal working man and thats what I identified with.

As soon as Cowell got hold of him and Jerome and inflicted their "singing" on us I went right off him. At least Jerome had the decency to look uncomfortable and embarassed about it but I think Robson Green thought he was the new Sinatra.

I also hate his working class stories of his Dad working down the pit all his life. Reminds me of when Thatcher bleated on about being a grocer's daughter to try to seem human but then came out with regal cr*p like "we are a grandmother"
  • Options
    essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,210
    Forum Member
    must admit i did like Christmas Lights might get the other series he did with mark benton on dvd someitime
  • Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    Tidlee wrote: »
    When this guy first appeared in Casualty I was impressed by him. But I just can't stand him any more. If he's starring in something I won't watch it because he irritates the hell out of me.

Me too.
  • Options
    GlastonGlaston Posts: 1,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As we so rarely get fishing programmes I am afraid his series is a must see for me.

BUT

What an utter K-b head he is, all that whooping and hollering after every fish, the faux outrage after he loses a fish and the rather effeminate way he appears to behave if their is even the slightest bit of danger.

In actual fact he is a total girls blouse.
  • Options
    jimbojonesjimbojones Posts: 4,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol this thread made me laugh-and I have to go with most.I can't stand him and his 'posh' accent wtf is that all aboot?!:D
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aaaarrrgghhh! Can't stand Robson Green. He just comes across as a total k**b. Not only that, but he's not even a very good actor.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I second the above post - what a cock. He used to be a decent fella, now he's just a luvvie thesp being allowed by ITV to indulge his middle-class hobbies - and what is that accent?!

Thank the Lord I am not the only one to notice this preposterous mish-mash of an accent - he's an unbearable showbiz luvvie.

Not a great actor either. I think he disappeared up his own orifice a long time ago. :sleep:
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pain in the bum!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,400
    Forum Member
    Just another of ITV's national bores on a fat contract that seem to drive potential viewers away. Never seen the appeal of the man myself & as for his 'singing' god save us all.

Just always looks the same in everything hes in. Good old ITV & their golden handcuff deals. Same faces in everything. The extreme fishing is another programme, good idea , but totaly ruined by having to have a 'name' fronting it.

:)
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robson Green, like James Nesbitt has been in "too much, too often," for some people.
    I find either "unwatchable" in anything.