NOTW front page: Matt to make £5m in a year

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    It's a bit hyperbole as well. Susan Boyle is worth £11m and thats due to one unbelievable selling first album and another relatively successful second album. Basically, she had No.1 in the U.S with both albums which is no mean feat.
  • maringarmaringar Posts: 6,737
    Forum Member
    We shall see.
    Who expected Susan Boyle to make money like she has?

I did,Matt was good iin the beginning, but has become a bit boring of late:yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good for Matt, he deserves all the success he gets.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    mingymoo wrote: »
    It's a bit hyperbole as well. Susan Boyle is worth £11m and thats due to one unbelievable selling first album and another relatively successful second album. Basically, she had No.1 in the U.S with both albums which is no mean feat.

Indeed. £5 million is a lot of money. Most people in the music business would only dream of that; even the successful ones.

SuBo is a story. That's what people bought into. Matt has none of that. In fact, his "story" would probably go against him.

To put things into perspective, Lady Gaga made around £40 - £50 million last year (from the list of highest earners, she earned around $62 million). Look at how massive she is; huge album sales (around 14 million I believe), sell out arena tours all over the world, books, merchandise etc etc etc.

Now, does anyone really believe that Matt can earn 10% of what Lady Gaga has after doing all that? I think not.

Incidentally, the exact same paper, in 2008, wrote a story on how Leona - someone who was massive around the world - is worth (not not "made") £6 million in 18 months (link...) and let's face it, Matt is never going to be that successful.

It's over exaggerated nonsense from the Daily Mail, as usual.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve sold a quarter of a million albums

You seriously do not want to see Steve's nan's garage...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    floopy123 wrote: »

As for Matt, I doubt he'll have have mega-big career. X Factor tends to favour female artists.

I don't think the x factor public tends to favor female artists. The x factor love to obsess about their boys. The problem is that the non x factor people don't like the males. That's why Cher has a way bigger chance of success.
  • Achtung!Achtung! Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's signed to front a new range of shirts for GEORGE at Asda, which all have the collar halfway down the body, four inches below the shoulders.