Options

Should Alfie be killed off?

Comments

• Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or is strangled by his dressing gown

Lool :D Why not just combine both of them, while choking on his tea he is strangled by his dressing gown.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally think it would make a good storyline. EastEnders could try and keep it under wraps and make it a shock death. I always think there should be more surprises in soaps. But I guess it makes it difficult what with there being so many spoilers around.

I think Alfie being killed would make a really effective storyline though, he could be murdered by a gang and it would make it even more tragic as he's such a likeable, happy go lucky character. I think it would shock casual viewers and drive some extra interest into the show as well. Maybe Kat and Bianca witness the murder, and they are forced to go under witness protection as the killer and his family threaten to kill them or their family if they speak up.

And it would be good to see the effect it has on all the Walford residents, as he's a big part of the community.

So soon after Michael?? I dont think so.

The "reunite then one of them dies" thing has been done a MILION TIMES in soaps- its tiresome,

My prediction is Kat & Alfie leave at Xmas, mirroring 2005
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    He should be sent to Belize.
  • Options
    whitewitchwhitewitch Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i like alfie. i also like ian beale, which shocks my family to the core.:D
  • Options
    davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    No, Alfie shouldn't be killed off. Kat and Alfie are the main characters.
  • Options
    Ozboz3Ozboz3 Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No don't kill off my Alfie!! Alfie is my favourite character on Eastenders and Shane is a fantastic actor when given the right material. The article on ds from him says he has got a big storyline coming up and he is in it for the long haul. Obviously he's not so arrogant that he's gonna quit because he is out of the Vic:rolleyes:
  • Options
    The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    I would like to see a particularly brutal death for him.

Seconded.
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Is he popular? Who with? :confused:

Well, someone keeps voting for him for him to be nominated for, and win some of these Best Soap Actor awards.

And Shane Richie is very popular with himself.
  • Options
    liliroselilirose Posts: 10,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For all you know the massive storyline he is referring to is breaking up with Roxy and getting together with Kat, which we have all guessed already.
  • Options
    MiniMeTooMiniMeToo Posts: 17,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No,no,no
  • Options
    KJKJ Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    lilirose wrote: »
    For all you know the massive storyline he is referring to is breaking up with Roxy and getting together with Kat.

How about Tommy's paternity test ... it could be about him trusting her again.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    lilirose wrote: »
    For all you know the massive storyline he is referring to is breaking up with Roxy and getting together with Kat, which we have all guessed already.

We don't know how he will take Michael's death. It could hit him hard.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    We don't know how he will take Michael's death. It could hit him hard.

Yes! He is the only blood relative at his funeral ... how sad, poor Alfie.
  • Options
    EE Fan 1990EE Fan 1990 Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally think it would make a good storyline. EastEnders could try and keep it under wraps and make it a shock death. I always think there should be more surprises in soaps. But I guess it makes it difficult what with there being so many spoilers around.

I think Alfie being killed would make a really effective storyline though, he could be murdered by a gang and it would make it even more tragic as he's such a likeable, happy go lucky character. I think it would shock casual viewers and drive some extra interest into the show as well. Maybe Kat and Bianca witness the murder, and they are forced to go under witness protection as the killer and his family threaten to kill them or their family if they speak up.

And it would be good to see the effect it has on all the Walford residents, as he's a big part of the community.
    Perhaps as the character is annoying and kat and Roxy work better without him.
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    I would like to see a particularly brutal death for him.

Your posts make me laugh out loud. How about this, Alfie purchases a loud garish shirt(blouse) which spontaneously combusts the first time he wears it.
  • Options
    bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Despite views on here, he is a popular, award winning character that pulls in viewers. I don’t see any reason why he should leave just because a new family are taking over the pub.

Putting Alfie in a new environment and have him visiting the Vic as a punter as opposed to barman might give him a new lease of life and dynamic. I’m also not against him getting back with Kat as long as they keep them together and stop all the ridiculous bed-hopping.
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes, he should
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Despite views on here, he is a popular, award winning character that pulls in viewers. I don’t see any reason why he should leave just because a new family are taking over the pub.
    Putting Alfie in a new environment and have him visiting the Vic as a punter as opposed to barman might give him a new lease of life and dynamic. I’m also not against him getting back with Kat as long as they keep them together and stop all the ridiculous bed-hopping.

*Thumbs up*
  • Options
    Simon RodgersSimon Rodgers Posts: 4,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alfie would be a great character if he was more spontaneous and did not do the same thing all the time
    I heard he's getting back with Kat
    Why? Can't he just stop this? How many times must this go on?
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,955
    Forum Member

he pulls in viewers? some how i cant see how that can be true :p
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes he should.
  • Options
    Simon RodgersSimon Rodgers Posts: 4,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Yes he should.

You can't really just say that, please explain why you feel that way.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kill him.
  • Options
    Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    I bet there's quite a few viewers who are stuck in the old times of EE (who probably haven't noticed the shows bad) who still want him and Kat back together so I'd say yes, he's popular with viewers, which is why they shouldn't kill him off, just let him leave to move to another country like all the other cop outs.
  • Options
    madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    yeah kill him off but have it as a dying whilst shagging Kat one last time. He can be found on top of her and then have it explained to Poxy.