Wonderful Widdecombe's Recipe for SCD Success - 'NO FAKE TAN NO FLESH & NO SEX!'

TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
Forum Member
✭✭
Wonderful Widdecombe's Recipe for SCD Success - 'NO FAKE TAN NO FLESH & NO SEX!'

Page 17 of The Sunday Mirror 12/9/10

http://twitpic.com/2ntcrs

Could Wonderful Anne Widdecombe's refreshing no nonsense approach to taking part in Strictly Come Dancing be just the sort of back to basics sleaze free approach that the Public will love to see on this Light Entertainment Show.

Comments

• -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No fake tan, no flesh and no sex!

Anton will be relieved.

Anne strikes me as a cross between John Sergeant and Stephanie Beacham. I think she's going to be a scream.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although what IS dance without passion, golden skin and suggestive glimpses of flesh ;)?! I suspect Ann always expects everything on HER terms and that's not really how it works as a celeb on SCD. Whatever, it's all going to be VERY interesting :rolleyes:!

When I look at her I think of Joyce Grenfell's song about dancing ladies 'Stately as a Galleon She Glides Across the Floor' - we shall see :eek:!
  • AntoniaAAntoniaA Posts: 6,640
    Forum Member
    That's a good one Slinky :-) .

I think Anne will be great entertainment for a while. She is a good sport.
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Although what IS dance without passion, golden skin and suggestive glimpses of flesh ;)?! I suspect Ann always expects everything on HER terms and that's not really how it works as a celeb on SCD. Whatever, it's all going to be VERY interesting :rolleyes:!

When I look at her I think of Joyce Grenfell's song about dancing ladies 'Stately as a Galleon She Glides Across the Floor' - we shall see :eek:!

Does that mean Anton will be her "bosom friend"????:D
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    No fake tan, no flesh and no sex!Anton will be relieved.

Anne strikes me as a cross between John Sergeant and Stephanie Beacham. I think she's going to be a scream.

Thank f**k!!

Agree with your final sentence..... a legend in the making! Hope she really gets into the spirit of it!:D
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    duplicate post
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Wonderful Widdecombe says in the Sunday Mirror that

"I don't do sexy"

Anne says that she has had an immodesty clause written into her SCD contract, and has already vetoed a dance move.

"There was a group dance we learned this week which had a move in it that I refused to do"

Has anyone got any ideas what naughty dance move the Wonderful Widdercombe has already kicked into touch?
  • breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »

"I don't do sexy"

Anne says that she has had an immodesty clause written into her SCD contract, and has already vetoed a dance move.

"There was a group dance we learned this week which had a move in it that I refused to do"

Has anyone got any ideas what naughty dance move the Wonderful Widdercombe has already kicked into touch?

One that involves bending the knees?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    breppo wrote: »
    One that involves bending the knees?

I don't think the Wonderful Widdecombe would have refused to Bend Zee Knees, I'm sure the dance move she refused to perform would have been naughtier than that.
  • SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's weird Widdecombe in our house. Taking the fact that she's still a virgin living with her mother just a bit too far don't you think ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's weird Widdecombe in our house. Taking the fact that she's still a virgin living with her mother just a bit too far don't you think ?

Lets hope you grow to love The Wonderful Widdecombe.
  • SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never in a million years :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Wonderful Widdecombe Hot to Trot in 1973 - in The Sunday Mirror http://twitpic.com/2o1qxt
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Ann will be entertaining; I can see her staying in the show for a while, but I just hope potentially good dancers don't get the boot before Ann, simply on the grounds that she is entertaining.

Can't see her worrying too much about the judges remarks, as she won't take them seriously.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is the only reason I'm watching this year; I was going to give this series a miss however once I heard Anne was involved it got me interested. I hope she is fantastic entertainment and that is what the competition is all about; Anton knows that more than anyone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,578
    Forum Member
    Wonderful Widdecombe's Recipe for SCD Success - 'NO FAKE TAN NO FLESH & NO SEX!' .
    Does she want to do dancing?

Coz, you know, dancing would be nice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    I think Ann will be entertaining; I can see her staying in the show for a while, but I just hope potentially good dancers don't get the boot before Ann, simply on the grounds that she is entertaining.

Can't see her worrying too much about the judges remarks, as she won't take them seriously.

The Wonderful Widddecombe I am sure will be very entertaining, and as Strictly Come Dancing is a Light Entertainment Show, she will deserve to go all the way.

I agree I'm sure she will tackle any judges that try to play the nasty personal attack card, good luck to her.
    Forum Member
    Anne says that she has had an immodesty clause written into her SCD contract,
    Does that mean she has to be immodest all the time?

Blimey, and people talk about Alesha's use of language. :rolleyes:
  • phoebefairphoebefair Posts: 2,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"I don't do sexy"

Either the backflip or arriving on a wire I believe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DavidJames wrote: »
    Does that mean she has to be immodest all the time?

Blimey, and people talk about Alesha's use of language. :rolleyes:

It means what it says it means, she can veto any dance move that she feels is inappropriate for her, which she has already done, good luck to her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phoebefair wrote: »
    Either the backflip or arriving on a wire I believe.

I wouldn't put it past The Wonderful Widdecombe to be game enough to take to the wire, it could win her the show.
    Forum Member
    It means what it says it means

Deep. You should be a judge on Strictly with that command of language.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thank you, thats lovely,

Joyce Grenfell - Old Time Dancing (Stately as a galleon).wmv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clOdyzP9fcw
    Forum Member
    Although what IS dance without passion, golden skin and suggestive glimpses of flesh ;)!
    Movement to music.

Apparently.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

"I don't do sexy"

Surely any contestant can decline to do a move if uncomfortable with it without a specific clause. They can't exactly force someone into position can they :eek: