Do Only 3 of 1 Direction Actually Sing?

ultrosultros Posts: 8,504
Forum Member
2 of them only get to sing on chorus's.And in their second song last night there was no chorus so they just stood there like lemons the whole time :eek:

Comments

• CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3 is a push.

After summer of 69, I'd say a half. 1 if I was being generous.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Never seen that Louis guy sing, only seems to be singing choruses and seems awful
  • lightblueslightblues Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    only 2 sing apparently;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    But why should they all have to sing? They are a package - some of them sing and some of them dance. It's like saying John Lennon didn't belong in the Beatles because he didn't play the drums. Just as each member had his individual function in the Beatles, each member of One Direction fulfills a specific purpose.
  • pxd867pxd867 Posts: 11,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But why should they all have to sing? They are a package - some of them sing and some of them dance. It's like saying John Lennon didn't belong in the Beatles because he didn't play the drums. Just as each member had his individual function in the Beatles, each member of One Direction fulfills a specific purpose.
    One Dimension compared to the Beatles :D

One Dimension aren't even a package - that's the whole point. They can't harmonise.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Dance? :confused:
  • kirstylouise666kirstylouise666 Posts: 6,959
    Forum Member

All of Belle Amie sung... or tried to... but One Direction don't. There's no excuse. They are purely a singing group but only two of them sing. Its not like some sing and some play instruments. They just stand there doing nothing... so why can't they sing?
  • clara_sclara_s Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    All of Belle Amie sung... or tried to... but One Direction don't. There's no excuse. They are purely a singing group but only two of them sing. Its not like some sing and some play instruments. They just stand there doing nothing... so why can't they sing?

Liam and Harry sing the most, followed by Zain. That's three already. And Niall has had several solos too. So that's four. And Louis did have a solo line in Total Eclispse. So that's five.
  • mattthemolemattthemole Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    Their second performance was absolutely ridiculous yesterday with 2 of them stood there doing nothing!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    Their second performance was absolutely ridiculous yesterday with 2 of them stood there doing nothing!

The reserves at a football match don't have to play in the game to be part of the team.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The reserves at a football match don't have to play in the game to be part of the team.

Comparison fail!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the backing track did all the work?
  • clara_sclara_s Posts: 146
    Forum Member

I'm sure it would be a complete waste of my time to point out that they were doing backing vocals. But they were.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you really want to hear the other two sing? :D JLS was the same really, they had one lead vocalists and the rest were backup.
  • floraandfaunafloraandfauna Posts: 8,520
    Forum Member
    Never seen that Louis guy sing, only seems to be singing choruses and seems awful

He can actually sing really well there are some videos on youtube with him. I'm surprised they don't give him more to sing to be honest :(
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Only 2 sing (Usually flat) one kinda echoes and two are there to smile and look pretty.
  • LadyHonestswagLadyHonestswag Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes the other two are backing singers
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member

How dare you!!!!............ Loius is the most important member (double entendre) he's the one who wears the peddle pushers :D
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    regardless of the fact that 50 backing singers always emanate....:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reminiscent of Westlife. There are always a couple of bookends singing the harmonies.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ultros wrote: »
    2 of them only get to sing on chorus's.And in their second song last night there was no chorus so they just stood there like lemons the whole time :eek:

No different to any boyband:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only 2 sing (Usually flat) one kinda echoes and two are there to smile and look pretty.

"oooh, kinda echoes..."

I couldn't resist :o:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clara_s wrote: »
    Liam and Harry sing the most, followed by Zain. That's three already. And Niall has had several solos too. So that's four. And Louis did have a solo line in Total Eclispse. So that's five.

Niall does virtually nothing in the group... I don't get him being there at all.... :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Week 1 ....... Niall, Zayn, Liam (Harry and Louis sang in chorus)
    Week 2 ....... Liam, Zayn, Louis (Harry and Niall sang in chorus)
    Week 3 ....... Liam, Zayn, (Harry), (Louis and Niall sang in chorus)
    Week 8 ....... Harry, Liam, Zayn (Louis and Niall sang in chorus)

So yes, I'd say that more then 3 of 1 Direction do sing!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Niall does virtually nothing in the group... I don't get him being there at all.... :confused:
    The blond kid? The few times they've allowed him to sing, he's actually had a pretty good voice. It's the Ugly One that serves no purpose.