Cable to resign???

planetnokiaplanetnokia Posts: 15,023
Forum Member
✭✭
Someone has leaked to the BBC what the Telegraph didn't print of the Cable interview. Leaked info relates to BskyB takeover.

Comments

• wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone has leaked to the BBC what the Telegraph didn't print of the Cable interview. Leaked info relates to BskyB takeover.

Don't think it is a resigning matter, but it will weaken Vince still further.
  • BagpipesBagpipes Posts: 5,443
    Forum Member
    I think his days are numbered. He displayed a major lack of judgement by speaking so frankly to complete strangers, and the leak about his war on Murdoch will probably make his position untenable. I bet he's gone within the week.
  • culturemancultureman Posts: 11,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's always Strictly Come Dancing.:)
    The Business Secretary Vince Cable has told the BBC's Andrew Marr that dancing helps to keep him "fit and sane".

He also denied newspaper stories that Liberal Democrat leader Nick Clegg was unhappy about his dancing.

Mr Cable is one of the celebrities appearing on the Christmas special edition of Strictly Come Dancing.
  • wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having read more about it - he may have to go.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he should go. His impartiality has been severely compromised by the language he used.

Just listen to the tape.
  • VellumVellum Posts: 6,825
    Forum Member
    wallster wrote: »

I think it is from whats just been on the BBC
  • Toby LatimerToby Latimer Posts: 4,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit loose these Liberals aren't they ? The two reporters could have been Russian spies for all he knew .
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hes been caught totally.
    theres no way they will keep him on after this,I bet murdoch is already on the phone to Cameron demanding his head.

I had to laugh at Adam on skynews.'ofc this is entrapment'..its no worse than a private convo being broadcast with a skynews mic being left on in a Certain Pm's car ;) they had no problems playing that over and over for days.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wallster wrote: »

Actually, it is.

Whilst last night's Telegraph revelations were embarassing, today's brings into question how he can operate, he is supposed to be impartial in his role as Business Secretary. All this added together really is going to bring his position into question, no matter how the golden couple of Politics try to spin it into a positive during thier smoozing press conferences.

Lord Razzle (loving the name, the more I hear it) trying in vain to try and defend his pal. Got to laugh really. I supported the Lib Dems but Clegg and Cable are becoming a real liability to guys like Hughes who still actually have a firm grasp on what the party is supposed to be all about.
  • rossi_drrossi_dr Posts: 1,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kay Burley #SKY says Vince has resigned there awaiting confirmation
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Burley's been caught out by a prankster methinks http://twitter.com/dmreporter
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Burley's been caught out by a prankster methinks http://twitter.com/dmreporter

if sky start putting the pressure he will go.
    the dying days of labour (before the election) any story like this they played basically for 10-20 mins per 30 mins.

I cant see Murdoch being happy about all this (his son wont be) who already thinks the world is after the Empire.

the Telegraph dont like this idea of a mutated Tory goverment thay havent been in favour of it since day1,Cameron will know he needs murdoch onside because if that even changed thats when the problems really creep up any little error will be blownup into something major.

its cables choice of words is the real job killer he comes across as totally deluded and more than enough ammo to fight this legally on murdoch's side.
  • planetnokiaplanetnokia Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor old Sky News...reduced to acknowledging that the Breaking News Story came courtesy of the BBC :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cable currently meeting Clegg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cable currently meeting Clegg

I bet NC wants to know what else they can expect from all this ;)
  • MartinPMartinP Posts: 31,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clegg has been a very silly boy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member
    I wish a few more of our politicians would declare war on Murdoch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vince Cable to switch places with Philip Hammond ??????
  • JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    isnt it about time more people spoke out against murdoch and his evil empire?
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He just can't help himself, can he? Is it the power of finally being in government that has gone to his head or is there something a bit strange in the Cable psyche?
  • MickeyBricksMickeyBricks Posts: 1,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamesC81 wrote: »
    isnt it about time more people spoke out against murdoch and his evil empire?

Why? His businesses are all consumer driven, as opposed to the BBC and it's funding mechanism which is a disgrace in this day and age.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whether he should or shouldn't go is perhaps not the most important factor.

The Lib Dems need to keep the party lefties quiet, so they need someone whom the left of the party have some respect for in a position of power. That could well save his sorry ass.
  • pxd867pxd867 Posts: 11,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rossi_dr wrote: »
    Kay Burley #SKY says Vince has resigned there awaiting confirmation
    Kay Burley's a moron. I think there's fairly broad consensus on that from both left and right.

Makes you wondet how far Murdoch's tentacles go when a "source" at the Telegraph tips off Peston. I can understand why they might both do so.. and Peston is certainly no friend of Murdoch, but the person who leaked it might be.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peston is choosing his words very carefully on the Beeb!