Options

The NEW Grundig Box...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 590
Forum Member
✭✭
If you go to the below addey, http://www.grundig.co.uk/products/ds.html
(go to the very bottom of the page)

You will see a silver grundig box.

Seeing as its got the 'new' Sky Digital logo, I am presuming that this is new.

Does anyone know if:
A. It really is new
and
B. Is it good...

Because having my system installed on Friday, if its better than the silver panny 'I WANNIT' :)

Thanks

- Patrick

BTW, If this is OLD news and has been out for months please excuse me, its just I have never seen one like it before...

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks new & i think its new news.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So I was right.. YES :)

But is it any good, now that is the question...!!

- Patrick
  • Options
    NikhilNikhil Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new grundig is new and i think there is a review of it in the What Satellit Magazine. the basic improvements are the speed. I think it is as fast as the panasonic if not better. Also, they have gotten rid of those ugly rubber buttons which are the worst to press when trying to change channels and replaced them with new silver ones. Apart from that is is essentially the same apart from a cosmetic change. I would still stick with the Panasonic but don't be disappointed with the Grundig. I have an old one and it is pretty good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well i ran out and got this months version of What Satellite, and looking at it I think the Panasonic looks better.

So I am praying thats what I get!

- Patrick
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patrick - I informed you (and everybody else)about this new Grundig box and the review on 27/3/2000 @10:30pm in the thread Sony/Panasonic and installing sky which you started. Didn't you read it?

[This message has been edited by BW (edited 02 April 2000).]
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Um... yeah I did read it. But I brushed right through it (god I am dumb).

I will go back and read it.

- Patrick
    Sorry again!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 02 April 2000).]
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    i've

[This message has been edited by mike (edited 16 August 2000).]
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    i have a secand gen pace box and its fast
    daniel.
  • Options
    ZipMasonZipMason Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    May I just ask, if any experts here know this for sure? Is it true that early Grundig Sky boxes from around the time this thread was first started had LNB compatibility issues with certain makes of LNBs from the likes of Panasonic etc? It's just that I remember reading about LNB compatibility issues between Grundig and Panasonic boxes and LNBs but wasn't sure if this was actually true. :confused:

Thanks in advance for any given info! :)
  • Options
    CitySlickerCitySlicker Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a Grundig first gen receiver and there were absolutely no lnb issues and I never heard of any either. So long as the lnb supported tone and voltage switching they were fine.

Best to start new threads too instead of opening up 14 year old ones.
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,531
    Forum Member
    ZipMason wrote: »
    May I just ask, if any experts here know this for sure? Is it true that early Grundig Sky boxes from around the time this thread was first started had LNB compatibility issues with certain makes of LNBs from the likes of Panasonic etc? It's just that I remember reading about LNB compatibility issues between Grundig and Panasonic boxes and LNBs but wasn't sure if this was actually true. :confused:

That's completely untrue - the only compatibility issues were with some Panasonic boxes and a particular make of LNB - the Panasonic boxes were at one end of the specification, and the LNB's at the other (so this gave occasional band switching failures - so certain channels didn't always work).

I seem to recall there was a modification for the Panasonic boxes?.
  • Options
    JamesEJamesE Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member

I seem to recall there was a modification for the Panasonic boxes?.

That's right - it was called "panafix" IIRC, possibly through Satcure. The reason was a "ringing" on the LNB DC supply which confused some LNBs' reaction to the tone signal (so a lad at Panasonic told me when I rang them back in 2000). I can confirm that "panafix" did work as I have an old TUDSB20 which suffered from the problem.