The X Factor Australia [2014 Discussion Thread]

Comments

• d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Natalie is desperate to win this year, even just for the dressing room lmao
    “Dannii won and so now she’s got this dressing room that is like 10 times the size of ours and has an entourage of like 30 people, I definitely want to win so I can have all those perks too!” she says.

https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/new-idea/news/article/-/24437240/nat-bassingthwaighte-im-taking-dannii-down/

:D
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boring show tonight .

I'll wait till bootcamp as it gets interesting from then on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Anybody know where I can watch this online besides youtube?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yass Tee came back. :D
    I was hoping he would although I wasn't sure.
    Preferred his audition last year in terms of song choice although it was good to see how much his confidence has progressed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it is only audition but I guessing that

Tee,Beatz and Shanell are in the live shows it is so obvious .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    My thoughts on all the acts:
    Marlisa Punzalan - She's very cute and has an amazing voice for such a young age. However, I think she is a bit of a one trick pony and will just sing ballad after ballad. Her voice is very plain aswell.

Dean - I really like him. He has this really edgy voice and I think he is really interesting as a performer. I think the public will really like him too. Yeah, I think hope he will go through to the lives.

DTK - No words. Thank god they didn't get through. :p

Taboo - These are even worse.

Magic - They were certainly....interesting.

Beatz - I really, really like these girls. Their vocals are really good and their harmonizes are amazing for a first audition. Girl groups never really do well in Australia so I hope this can be tured around.

Reigan Derry - Oh my god, I actually love her. Her voice is beautiful and I think this folky, acoustic direction is the best way to go for her. I don't think she will make the lives though unfortunately.

Jesse Teinaki - He is alright but like Ronan said, it was flat, and he is pretty generic for me and I know he will be the one who gets through no matter what because of the teen girls voting for him.

Ofisa Toleafoa (Tee) - I really liked him last year so I am very happy that he has returned. He has actually come back much stronger than before. He is a definite for the lives I think.

Shanell Dargan - She has an absolutely beautiful. It's so pure and angelic. I think that she is a dead cert for the live shows. I hope she doesn't go for predictable song choices though and goes more diverse.

Ryan Imlach - I did feel for his story but I just don't think his voice is very good and if he didn't have that story then he wouldn't have got through.
    Forum Member
    My favourite of the night was definitely Beatz. :D
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reigan Derry is the answer to Australia's musical future.
    Forum Member
    Reigan Derry is the answer to Australia's musical future.

I love her too!!! :D
  • daniel_farrellydaniel_farrelly Posts: 1,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Favs were definitely Marlisa, Region, beatz and Shanell.
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Loved Dean, Reigan, Ofisa and Ryan (have to like him because I know his cousin), tonight and its actually refreshing to see so much talent, can't believe how much Ofisa has improved as well, can't wait for next show!
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danniis talking about x factor on tv & radio right now. They discuss sob stories and what they bring.

I personally think its something that should come later on. They should start with talent.
    Its the same on all these shows now and they need to stand out.

Lots of talent though. The girlgroup was amazing. And the perth girl was outstanding.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Natalie is desperate to win this year, even just for the dressing room lmao

https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/new-idea/news/article/-/24437240/nat-bassingthwaighte-im-taking-dannii-down/

:D

This is cool. Talk about getting a bonus after a win :)
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Really good second show as well! James, Jason, Soul Cutz and Sina & Soni were my personal favourites :D
    Forum Member
    I did like more acts from the 1st show but I did like James and Soul Cutz.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    I love the fact that there's 3 shows in one week and there's no joke acts
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    Already better than Aussie version of The Voice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if the fifth judge is true? Talent shows are dead down under. The news beat them two nights in a row.

Desperados tried to hide the voice massive flop by turning it into Dannii vs Kylie by pitching them up. Dannii 'won' the first night and then Kylie the other.
    Its beyond childish. Its not about talent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there is a lot of good people already,especially in the boys and girls categories.Is it over 24's or over 25's this year?
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sina & Soni are amazing, definitely my favourites at this stage although I also loved Shanelle, Dean, Riegan, Beats and Codi

As for James, surprised someone who came 3rd in Aussie Idol is auditioning for The X Factor, he was good although I think his father feeling his girlfriend's ass took precedence over his performance :D
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    marianner wrote: »
    I wonder if the fifth judge is true? Talent shows are dead down under. The news beat them two nights in a row.

Desperados tried to hide the voice massive flop by turning it into Dannii vs Kylie by pitching them up. Dannii 'won' the first night and then Kylie the other.
    Its beyond childish. Its not about talent.

:confused: The news is usually the most watched thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    :confused: The news is usually the most watched thing.

No it isnt. Talent shows usually tops. The voice did good in battle rounds but then it just fell down. Theyre at the semi final now with GF next week.
    XF was at no8.

Thats why Im curious about the new twist rumour as that would or could turn things around.
    I know now that Simon should never be underestimated. Hes the master magician with top tricks. He knows what viewers wants and he listens.
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How were the ratings? And how did The Voice AUS compare ratings wise? I'm hopeful that The X Factor won :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did someone perform 'Only Love Can Hurt Like This' by Paloma Faith?
  • daniel_farrellydaniel_farrelly Posts: 1,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOVED Jaymie!!!!! He is definitely one of the frontrunners!!:)