The Walking Dead (US Pace) [SPOILERS]

Comments

• SquiggleSquiggle Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Funny pic of Andrew Lincoln and costar relaxing between takes while filming Episode 1.

Hilarious. :D
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Funny pic of Andrew Lincoln and costar relaxing between takes while filming Episode 1.

Awww that's really cute! It's a shame that the horse had to die in the name of entertainment though :(
  • jo2015jo2015 Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    spendleb wrote: »
    If you cut at the join it wouldn't need to go through bone, just ligament/muscle/skin etc.......nice :eek:

Okay, I'll defer to your far greater knowledge of removing a hand with a blunt hacksaw :D:p
  • TrumpyTrumpy Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    Really loving TWD - was disappointed episode 4 had to end was kind of hoping there was going to be some kind of dilemma about killing Amy so she wouldn't turn.

Also liking the more subtle parts of the episodes such as Rick & Shane easily falling back into working together to take down Daryl and the look between Rick and Daryl when Glen admits to being only a pizza delivery boy after devising the 'get the guns' plan.

They are building so much up that it is hard to think how they will bring the first 6 episodes to a close (I have read the comic books)

Because there is such focus on the human characters it is sometimes easy to forget the zombies. In episode 4 towards the end you get pulled down the route of Merle coming back to the camp that it is actually a surprise that the zombies are attacking.

Thinking I am going to like Daryl - even if he is meant to be nasty person
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jo2015 wrote: »
    Okay, I'll defer to your far greater knowledge of removing a hand with a blunt hacksaw :D:p

LOL I only know that as it was discussed elsewhere when the episode aired in the US, I'm not a serial killer or anything :eek::D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trumpy wrote: »
    Really loving TWD - was disappointed episode 4 had to end was kind of hoping there was going to be some kind of dilemma about killing Amy so she wouldn't turn.
    yeah also read the comics and it's quite an important fact that Andrea shoots her in the head straight away to stop her turning but in the comics they have also had gun training by this point?
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    never heard of this show till someone at work mentioned it yesterday, will watch pilot in HD tonight and see if its worth sticking with
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    never heard of this show till someone at work mentioned it yesterday, will watch pilot in HD tonight and see if its worth sticking with

:eek::eek: Whedon247 I can't believe that!!! You are a regular of the Cult boards; a thread has been running for over a year, and the US / UK Pace threads for over a month now! Have you been living under a rock lately??? :D:) Now get yourself sat down sitting and watch all four episodes back to back - you will be wanting more real bad :D;):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spaintv wrote: »
    :eek::eek: Whedon247 I can't believe that!!! You are a regular of the Cult boards; a thread has been running for over a year, and the US / UK Pace threads for over a month now! Have you been living under a rock lately??? :D:) Now get yourself sat down sitting and watch all four episodes back to back - you will be wanting more real bad :D;):)

a year?????????? how many seasons have been shown in US?

the walking dead for some reason when i saw the thread i just associated it with waking ned lol, i know that makes no sense wahtsoever but i just never felt need to click on the thread lol

people at work love it but i can only see the premise working as a mini series(of what lil i know of the premise mind)

im sure pilot will probably be great but real test is the following episodes...heres hoping!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    a year?????????? how many seasons have been shown in US?

the walking dead for some reason when i saw the thread i just associated it with waking ned lol, i know that makes no sense wahtsoever but i just never felt need to click on the thread lol

people at work love it but i can only see the premise working as a mini series(of what lil i know of the premise mind)

im sure pilot will probably be great but real test is the following episodes...heres hoping!

Just this first one. But with it being a Comic Book adaptaion we started a thread when news of its TV deal came through. The thread is interesting as it runs a whole year from the idea being greenlit to the evental launch of the series on our screens :D You know how geeky we can be on the Cult boards :o:D

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1100828&highlight=amc+walking+dead

The comic book has been running for quite a few years now -78 issues and still going strong! They are using many ideas from the comic books so there is plenty material to keep a TV version going. Consider that The Real Walking Dead are the Survivors! this is a story of human survival in an extreme environment which happens to be with zombies! If you are interested the entire comic book release (to date) is available as per the usual ;) There are differences tween the comics and TV series so it won't entirely spoil your viewing. for me, having read the comics just makes the series even better and more interesting! Enjoy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hum ok well if theirs comic book material to use i guess it could have legs...main actor wa sin teachers,good to see him doing well

will watch tonight then post my thoughts
  • starman700starman700 Posts: 3,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not read the comics at all but saw in waterstones today the graphic novels and had a flick through,i had to stop myself at the 3rd book to avoid giving me spoilers

love this series :D
  • starman700starman700 Posts: 3,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hum ok well if theirs comic book material to use i guess it could have legs...main actor wa sin teachers,good to see him doing well

will watch tonight then post my thoughts

he was also Egg in This life,a cult classic of the 1990s
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    awesome premiere

doesnt look like a tv show,more like a film, i love how they didnt push action on you as the tension is so much better

its like 28 days later,day of triffids and dawn of dead mixed together,awesome

i love single location movies so i like it when they are making houses into frotresses etc

i found myself shouting ast the telly "stick together!" and "get out of there"

the best bit was how they made me think he would die at the end even though he clearly wasnt going to die....awesome

hope theres not the common eps 2 drop off now
  • JohnBoy WaltonJohnBoy Walton Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After last weeks cliffhanger, I am very excited for tomorrow morning. Off work this week so it's a nice treat with breakfast!
  • SamGamgeeSamGamgee Posts: 1,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    awesome premiere

doesnt look like a tv show,more like a film, i love how they didnt push action on you as the tension is so much better

i love single location movies so i like it when they are making houses into frotresses etc

the best bit was how they made me think he would die at the end even though he clearly wasnt going to die....awesome

Youre 3 eps behind
  • tiger2000tiger2000 Posts: 8,541
    Forum Member
    SamGamgee wrote: »
    Youre 3 eps behind
    I suggest you read the last couple of pages of the thread.
  • JohnBoy WaltonJohnBoy Walton Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    awesome premiere

SamGamgee wrote: »
    Youre 3 eps behind

And it didn't have the drop in quality. Seriously, catch up or stop commenting! Bringing us down by being negative about things you haven't seen! Tut!

(Joking, just catch up because it is bloody good tv!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lmao i was about to write a scathing reply till i saw the last line lol

yeh i am actually about to start eps 2 as soon as i finish this reply lol

i have to watch this show at night with the lights off!
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight's episode ("Wildfire") just finished airing here in the states and once again I was riveted. Next week is the final episode of this season. It's going to be a long wait for the 2nd season to start - which will most likely be next October 31.

I'm glad that we finaly have a change of scenery with the survivors leaving camp. But as with any good series we are left with more questions & a mystery judging from how this episode ended .It was also interesting to see how long it took a dead body to turn into an actual zombie. It's not quick.

By the way tonight's AMC contest answer was "cadaver" (contest is only open to American viewers.)
  • mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    Inky Binky wrote: »
    It was also interesting to see how long it took a dead body to turn into an actual zombie. It's not quick.

I also liked that when she did turn into a zombie, it was a slow, almost subtle process. Too many movies do a "jump scare" for those things. In fact, that's the best thing about the Walking Dead.. they realize that being startled is not the same as being scared.
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised that Jim would want to be left alone to turn into the kind of monster that ate his family. It's a lot more believable that he'd ask for a bullet in the brain.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode. I loved the introduction of the CDC.

As soon as they arrived there and we saw the guy watching them, I knew exactly what the closing shot would be.

It's awful that we have to wait a year for the next bunch of episodes. But great that a full season has been commissioned.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    Loved this epp cant wait for next weeks now!!! just dont wanna wait a whole year for the next season nooooooooo!!! I hope them guys rick met in the first epp find them though!! ill live in hope!
  • DerekMcVDerekMcV Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dsrichard wrote: »
    Great episode. I loved the introduction of the CDC.

As soon as they arrived there and we saw the guy watching them, I knew exactly what the closing shot would be.

It's awful that we have to wait a year for the next bunch of episodes. But great that a full season has been commissioned.

Yes - A touch of BBC's survivors next week?