Options

December 2009 meet up Eden Project bracelet found

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Keiō Line wrote: »
    I know its an unpopular move with most of you but I have decided to simply pay the £120, and be done with it. I never realised someone could be that stubborn and ungrateful. To top it all when I offered to send the necklace back she said "I could keep it".>:(

I am told her husband died recently and while that was meant to make me sympathetic to her position all I could think was "a blessed relief for him".

When I look back at my OP, I am frustrated and how naïve and trusting I was. They were innocent times:(

People like this will never get the better of me. If that means I sometimes get hurt then so be it, I will never change I will continue to "dare to care", and I hope you all do to.:cry:

£120? Necklace? What are you blathering about now? Do you make these threads up for fun or is there something lacking in your life? It always helps if you remember the details in your first post of the thread, not really that hard as we are only a few posts away. :confused:
  • Options
    Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    avasgranny wrote: »
    £120? Necklace? What are you blathering about now? Do you make these threads up for fun or is there something lacking in your life? It always helps if you remember the details in your first post of the thread, not really that hard as we are only a few posts away. :confused:

£120 lacking :D
    You have to laugh or you would cry.:)
  • Options
    HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These bracelets seem to have a history
  • Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keiō, I'm going to light a candle for you tonight. You'll be in my thoughts, you poor, trusting soul...
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I know its an unpopular move with most of you but I have decided to simply pay the £120, and be done with it. I never realised someone could be that stubborn and ungrateful. To top it all when I offered to send the necklace back she said "I could keep it".>:(

I am told her husband died recently and while that was meant to make me sympathetic to her position all I could think was "a blessed relief for him".

When I look back at my OP, I am frustrated and how naïve and trusting I was. They were innocent times:(

People like this will never get the better of me. If that means I sometimes get hurt then so be it, I will never change I will continue to "dare to care", and I hope you all do to.:cry:

Do you think we are mindreaders? What £120? What happened to It becoming a police case? Who is 'she'?

And it started off as a BRACELET and has now become a NECKLACE. You even posted a photo of a BRACELET.

What are you talking about?:confused:?:confused:?:confused:?
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think we are mindreaders? What £120? What happened to It becoming a police case? Who is 'she'?

And it started off as a BRACELET and has now become a NECKLACE. You even posted a photo of a bracelet.

The OP is making it up as he goes along.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These bracelets seem to have a history
    ..indeed.
    It is all consistent and I expect apologies from some posters here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The OP is making it up as he goes along.

Pathetic.

I'm so glad that, although I've seen his name about a lot, I've not had the misfortune to see one of his wum threads before now. Lucky escape, I'd say!
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pathetic.

I'm so glad that, although I've seen his name about a lot, I've not had the misfortune to see one of his wum threads before now. Lucky escape, I'd say!

I have seen his name mentioned but apart from that he has just passed me by until this thread. And now it all makes sense.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Have you had your blood sugar checked?
  • Options
    coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member

And it started off as a BRACELET and has now become a NECKLACE. You even posted a photo of a BRACELET.

Give it a couple of days and it'll be a £50,000 pair of earrings from the Hatton Garden heist! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ..indeed.

Not at all. That makes it even more ridiculous. (I won't ask about the bit where you say that a cat 'injested some cats' :confused:) It's about as consistent as chalk being like cheese.

How has the gold bracelet-that-turned-into-a-necklace, that you said belonged to a person at a DS meeting and got stolen and then found, have anything to do with a seed bracelet that the Eden project were selling?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not at all. That makes it even more ridiculous. (I won't ask about the bit where you say that a cat 'injested some cats' :confused:)

How has the gold bracelet-that-turned-into-a-necklace, that you said belonged to a person at. DS meeting, have anything to do with a seed bracelet that the Eden project were selling?

Are you suggesting that I went back in time and created that post? Or lied in 2009 with a view to creating a post some ten years later which would be the "background" to a "made up" story? They are absurd claims.

Please leave my thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Give it a couple of days and it'll be a £50,000 pair of earrings from the Hatton Garden heist! :D

:D:D:D
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    ..indeed.

Well to be fair to you OP, I have read this thread with bewilderment and bemusement and in all honesty feeling sorry is probably the kindest reaction I can muster.
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or lied in 2009 with a view to creating a post some ten years later which would be the "background" to a "made up" story? They are absurd claims.

Please leave my thread.

Not 10 years! :D

What year do you think it is?
  • Options
    HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone remember this thread?

I am reminded of it for some peculiar reason.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Are you suggesting that I went back in time and created that post? Or lied in 2009 with a view to creating a post some ten years later which would be the "background" to a "made up" story? They are absurd claims.

Please leave my thread.

The old post has absolutely nothing to do with your OP, apart from mentioning a bracelet - which you changed into a necklace.

And 2009, again, is not 'some ten years later'.

Leave your thread! :D:D

You need a long lie down in a darkened room.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The old post has absolutely nothing to do with your OP, apart from mentioning a bracelet - which you changed into a necklace.

And 2009, again, is not 'some ten years later'.

You need a long lie down in a darkened room.

I'd suggest lying down in a darkened room until 2017 which I believe is ... em ... okay, this is a tricky one ... ah ... I've got it ... four years from now! :D
  • Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's beautiful isn't it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The old post has absolutely nothing to do with your OP,.
    Eden project (tick)
    Braclet (tick)
    DS meet up (tick)

Everything is consistent. I never lie, and when I do it is only to protect animals.
  • Options
    starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    a friend of ours in Dorset had a very very poorly cat come to his surgery. the owners told him that the poor thing had injested some cats and thanks to his determination he was able to confirm the type of bean and alerted the authorities

:confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Eden project (tick)
    Braclet (tick)
    DS meet up (tick)

Everything is consistent. I never lie, and when I do it is only to protect animals.

Strewth! You can't even be consistent in one sentence! :o

You never lie ... but when you do ... !

Classic! :D
  • Options
    knickerlesscageknickerlesscage Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strewth! You can't even be consistent in one sentence! :o

You never lie ... but when you do ... !

Classic! :D

Your name isnt inspired by the Eden Project bracelets is it? You didnt cought the cat it caused you to injest did you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Eden project (tick)
    Braclet (tick)
    DS meet up (tick)

How did a seed bracelet from the Eden Project shop become a gold necklace that got nicked form a DS member? (X)

There was also no mention of any DS meet up in that old post. (X)

As I said, as consistent as chalk and cheese.