The Emmerdale Discussion Thread (Spoilers in tags — Part 14)

Comments

• kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pandora. wrote: »
    Spoilers w/c 11 May, sorry if already posted.
    7179 Monday 11 May 7pm – 7.30pm

James is devastated by Chas’s decision
    Alicia’s concerned for Belle
    Laurel goes it alone

7180 Tuesday 12 May 7pm – 7.30pm

Alicia’s faced with a difficult choice
    Aaron tries to support Robert
    Finn discovers what Emma did

7181 Wednesday 13 May 2015 7pm – 7.30pm

Alicia finally gets some closure
    Aaron fights Robert’s corner
    Debbie stands up to Emma

7182 Thursday 14 May 2015 7pm-7.30pm

Chrissie’s determined to make Robert pay
    David tries to stop Alicia’s plan
    Emma gets her own way

7183 Thursday 14 May 2015 8pm – 8.30pm

Ross makes a sacrifice for Debbie
    Lachlan goes missing
    David reconsiders Alicia’s proposal

7184 Friday 15 May 7pm – 7.30pm

Robert helps Chrissie
    Debbie’s worried for Ross
    Rachel’s furious with Jai
    Sounds thrilling...

When the spoilers are usually that bland the usually aren't telling us something and withholding a bit spoiler or three.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Analysis centrals review of the current storylines

Short version of course because Kwynne can't think enough to say in this less than steller time.

1) Now Kwynne likes Vanessa but her storylines are not the best here are several reasons

A) Vanessa would never in a million years sleep with Adam
    B) or Kirin for that matter
    C) Vanessa wouldn't let herself be so stupid to get herself up the duff

Would say I preferred her when she was a lesbian but that would remind me of Emmerdale worst ever storyline Rhona's drug storyline but i'm trying to forget that existed.

2) Adam is a prize prat

3) Any ep with Aaron in it is shit.

4)Tracey has been nominated as skank of the year by this thread.

Winner is Tracey

5) Why cant Bernice or Jimmy clean there own house or pay Gabby to do it

6) Robert is still trying to get back with Chrissie, exciting (major sarcasm mode)

7) Every time the Moron opens is mouth I want to drink myself to death so no wonder Loopy Lush is in the state is in.
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just seen this - yet another Emmerdale hospital visit?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just seen this - yet another Emmerdale hospital visit?

Maybe that's the actresses nickname.:D
  • ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spoilers w/c 11 May, sorry if already posted.
    7179 Monday 11 May 7pm – 7.30pm

James is COMPLETELY NONPLUSSED by Chas’s decision
    Alicia’s concerned for Belle AS SHE BEDS IT WITH LACHLAN
    Laurel goes FOR BROKE, AND DOWNS A YARD OF VODKA IN THE WOOLPACK

7180 Tuesday 12 May 7pm – 7.30pm

Alicia’s faced with a difficult choice BBC2 OR ITV?
    Aaron tries to SWALLOW Robert BUT CAN'T MANAGE IT
    Finn discovers what Emma did WITH THE BAKER'S BREAD

7181 Wednesday 13 May 2015 7pm – 7.30pm

Alicia finally gets some PEACE AND QUIET, AND HER OUTLOOK IMPROVES
    Aaron fights Robert’s SEX DRIVE AND FAILS
    Debbie stands up to Emma AND SORTS HER OUT

7182 Thursday 14 May 2015 7pm-7.30pm

Chrissie’s determined to make Robert STAY ROUND THE FRONT DOOR
    David tries to stop Alicia’s plan FOR 50 SHADES DVD, PIZZA, AND MALTESERS
    Emma gets her own BACK BY SNIPPING OFF DEBOLAS "HEIDI" PIGTAILS

7183 Thursday 14 May 2015 8pm – 8.30pm

Ross makes a sacrifice for APRIL. HE LOSES DELIBERATELY AT " GRAND THEFT AUTO; APRIL FLIPS HIM THE BIRD AS SHE TAKES ALL OF HIS HARIBOS AS BOOTY
    Lachlan goes missing UNDER A BELGIAN JUGGERNAUT
    David reconsiders Alicia’s proposal FOR MARRIAGE

7184 Friday 15 May 7pm – 7.30pm

Robert helps Chrissie INTO A HOLE
    Debbie’s worried for Ross WHO IS TRAUMATISED FROM APRILS RUTHLESS WIN AT GRAND THEFT AUTO
    Rachel’s furious with YODA
    Sounds thrilling...

it sounds ...ok :D
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 82,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am saddened but relieved about some news for next week. Ruby is leaving "for a while at least", according to the DS headline about Dan from Tuesday. However, the list of leavers does not include Ruby! So, it seems she and Ali will in practice just be away for a few weeks to help Sean following his accident. I would not have missed Ali, but I prefer to have Ruby in the show with Ali rather than not at all.

Michelle Hardwick said on This Morning yesterday that there are several twists and turns for her latest storyline yet. So, things do not look destined to bump along smoothly....
  • spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am saddened but relieved about some news for next week. Ruby is leaving "for a while at least", according to the DS headline about Dan from Tuesday. However, the list of leavers does not include Ruby! So, it seems she and Ali will in practice just be away for a few weeks to help Sean following his accident. I would not have missed Ali, but I prefer to have Ruby in the show with Ali rather than not at all.

Michelle Hardwick said on This Morning yesterday that there are several twists and turns for her latest storyline yet. So, things do not look destined to bump along smoothly....

I'm curious to know what you find so interesting about Ruby:confused: She's been one of the dullest most pointless soap characters there's ever been. The actress is woeful as well.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 82,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spunger wrote: »
    I'm curious to know what you find so interesting about Ruby:confused: She's been one of the dullest most pointless soap characters there's ever been. The actress is woeful as well.

I find Ruby pretty, usually cheery, and entertaining on the occasions when she gives unwanted comment to people in the cafe. :)

Admittedly I do not like Ruby's lifestyle, being in a relationship with Ali. However, I prefer her in Emmerdale like this to not at all. In so far as Ruby might come across as boring, it is because of the role chosen for her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Analysis centrals musings on the latest episodes.

1 Contrast between the great and the dreadful acting.

On the good acting side we have April and Laurel who were acted beautifully and a a pair of great actors even if Laurel herself is horrible. Considering April is only 6 Actor and Character its amazing how good she is, and Charlotte has mastered drunk acting to an amazing degree.

On the Bad to Awful side we have the Moron and Rancid Ali, Ali acts and looks like she is a heroin addict in desperate need of her next fix and not in a good way. And Mark Charnock is worse than I thought it possibly to be yes he's now officially worse than Aaron

2) The Moron who caused most of the reason why Laureal needs to drink now wants to abandon her, what a disgusting little man or lanky man

3) Why cant Sean be brought nearer to the village they have burns units nearer than liverpool you know Emmerdale

4Despite like Vanessa her storyline with kirin is the pits.

5) Tracy is quite good when she wants to be, certainly livens up the Jimmy scenes.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find Ruby pretty, usually cheery, and entertaining on the occasions when she gives unwanted comment to people in the cafe. :)

Admittedly I do not like Ruby's lifestyle, being in a relationship with Ali. However, I prefer her in Emmerdale like this to not at all. In so far as Ruby might come across as boring, it is because of the role chosen for her.

Not quite sure what you're saying here regarding 'lifestyle' but I will agree that I like Ruby, I find her a very pleasant character played by a competent actress with what they give her to do (which isn't that much). She's fine as a supporting actress.

I wouldn't have put her with Ali though. Ali makes me want to stick pins in my own eyes and eat gravel. She is an awful character and Ruby is mellow and quite sweet so it's a strange pairing. Ali has almost no redeeming qualities.
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Not quite sure what you're saying here regarding 'lifestyle' but I will agree that I like Ruby, I find her a very pleasant character played by a competent actress with what they give her to do (which isn't that much). She's fine as a supporting actress.

I wouldn't have put her with Ali though. Ali makes me want to stick pins in my own eyes and eat gravel. She is an awful character and Ruby is mellow and quite sweet so it's a strange pairing. Ali has almost no redeeming qualities.

I agree with all this. I think Ruby's lovely but Ali's just - Ali! I think Ruby and Vanessa would be lovely together - they're both pleasant, friendly women, very easygoing.
  • PEARLY331PEARLY331 Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello Emmerdaliisians! Im back!

Regards
    Pearl
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Ruby, one of the nicer characters in ED.

O Moron, to be out acted by a six year old!

Will this producer, who I quite like because she keeps things under wraps and doesn't blurt them out all over the media a la The Hat, split Maurel up permanently? I do hope so, but not for Laurel to worm her way back to Ashley and break up his relationship with the ex vicar. BTW do Harriet and Ashley live together? If so, does the church not frown on this?
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PEARLY331 wrote: »
    Hello Emmerdaliisians! Im back!

Regards
    Pearl

Who are you?
  • Sunny Side UpSunny Side Up Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andybear wrote: »
    Who are you?

Pearl Ladderbanks.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I quite like Laurel I hope she isn't going to get back with Ashley. He's much better with Harriet.
    I always thought Laurel/Paddy and Rhona/Marlon would have been better.
  • norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,659
    Forum Member
    Rachel is the most self-centred, unpleasant character.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll never understand why KO brought her back after axing her.
    Forum Member
    Me neither, Wyezed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wyezed wrote: »
    I'll never understand why KO brought her back after axing her.
    Me neither, Wyezed.

Kate Oates didn't axe Rachel. That might be what you like to tell yourselves, but that's not what actually happened.
    Forum Member
    Citadel wrote: »
    Kate Oates didn't axe Rachel. That might be what you like to tell yourselves, but that's not what actually happened.

The point, as I'm sure you know, is why bring her back at all?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The point, as I'm sure you know, is why bring her back at all?

I think it was right to bring her back in order to wrap up the Archie storyline, but in no should she have been brought back full-time, no. The actress is dire and the character is horrible.
  • sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wyezed wrote: »
    Although I quite like Laurel I hope she isn't going to get back with Ashley. He's much better with Harriet.
    I always thought Laurel/Paddy and Rhona/Marlon would have been better.

I'm not sure why you think Ashley is much better with Harriet - they have had absolutely no storyline beyond the 5 minute getting together one. :confused::D
  • Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    Rachel is definitely at the top of my list for being killed in the Summer, not just who I want but who I think will. I mean, her involvement in stories all seems to paint her in a bad way, such as tonight with Ally and over the past few weeks with Belle/Lisa etc. Heck, even Toxic Tracey is coming off way nicer than her :o
This discussion has been closed.