Options

Thomson Sky+ Box fault

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
Forum Member
My Sky+ box is making an aful screeching noise about halfway through the hard disk spin up cycle.

Also, it will not come out of standby. The reset procedures don't appear to be working (holding left and right down when connecting the power).

Has anyone experienced this fault before? If so, how was it remedied?

I'm just getting an idea before the Sky Engineer visits us tomorrow.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Hi.
    Will be a new box.
    Cause will probily be the box HDD or even the LNB Quad at end of the dish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How much does a new box cost? I've already paid the call out charge so does this cover it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Yea.
    Anything that needs to be done is included.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for your help with this everyone.

Another thought that has occurred to me is that if the box is at fault and needs replacing, would the Engineer be able to supply me with a HD box instead of a sky+ unit?

I don't know how feasible it is, whether it would be possible or how cheeky I would have to be to try it on! Any ideas?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no you will only get a replacement for your box to get HD box you will need to call sky or a local independant to upgrade to HD
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    I'm experiencing the same/similar problem. With Sky now phasing out the white Sky+ boxes, if the box needs replacing, will I now get an HD box? or will they give me a white refurb?

NB. I don't want the HD sub but an HD box would be nice.

Thanks.
  • Options
    HeinzHeinz Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    A so-called refurbished box is more likely. The one you get next week will be the same. As will the one you get a week or so later.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Thanks since its a £65 call out fee I think I'll upgrade to HD and get £100 of M&S vouchers and then cancel HD in a year. May even go for the 1tb box as its only £49 atm.