Film 4 Extreme Season

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
Forum Member
✭✭
Film 4 are showing some "extreme" films.

Any thoughts on the line up? Is Fight Club actually an extreme film? Is Antichrist over rated? Have you seen any of the more unusual films and are they any good?

http://www.film4.com/videos/article/extreme-season-on-film4

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,832
    Forum Member
    Love Exposure is 4 hours long... that's extreme!

Is there anyone left on the planet who hasn't seen Fight Club?
  • MissDexterMissDexter Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Any thoughts on the line up? Is Fight Club actually an extreme film? Is Antichrist over rated? Have you seen any of the more unusual films and are they any good?

I can't answer that - the first rule and all that ;)
  • ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They're showing Fight Club in an "Extreme" season?!

Ha ha! :D That's just embarrassing. :o

Channel 4 and Film4 have changed beyond all recognition since 2002.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Piss poor 'extreme' season when most of the films are repeats and have been shown on tv before.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taxi Zum Klo could quite possibly be the most sexually explicit film ever shown on British TV... if it's uncut.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they're so extreme, why not show the original I Spit On Your Grave. I don't think that's been on television.
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    I'd like to see The Devils again, it's been ages since I last saw it. Ch4 ought to be up for that, I'd have thought.

Regards

Mark
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found Funny Games a very disturbing experience as far as films go.
    Michael Pitt was great in it.

I haven't seen the 1997 version.

I think Michael Haneke has two films in this film season doesn't he?

I'm not sure why Fight Club is classed as extreme either.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    Taxi Zum Klo could quite possibly be the most sexually explicit film ever shown on British TV... if it's uncut.

I doubt that'll happen somehow, they won't show The Piano Teacher uncut, despite the fact they technically could as it has a bbfc 18 rating. I'd imagine Taxi Zum Klo would be in the same boat.

I think it unlikely Antichrist will be uncut too, I'd imagine the penetration shots will have to go.
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    I doubt that'll happen somehow, they won't show The Piano Teacher uncut, despite the fact they technically could as it has a bbfc 18 rating. I'd imagine Taxi Zum Klo would be in the same boat.

I think it unlikely Antichrist will be uncut too, I'd imagine the penetration shots will have to go.

C4 has showed the penetration in The Idiots and the erection waving around in Sebastiane in the last few years; without censorious repercussion as far as I'm aware. I suppose only time will tell, although the link clearly states that they will be showing Antichrist uncut.

On that note, Sky have also been unbashful about showing a few '18' films containing real sex/erections uncut - including Antichrist - so I can't see why it would be a problem for Film4 to follow suit. They've already shown Dogtooth in recent months and it did have *ahem* bits in it that if they were going to cut, they noticably would have. Import/Export apparently has similar moments in; as does Taxidermia, which isn't part of the season but regularly gets shown; although I've not to date watched their screenings of those to know whether or not the offending images were presented intact.
  • Benry_GaleBenry_Gale Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who hasn't seen it needs to watch Naked. Absolutely mesmerising piece of cinema.
  • Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont understand why Fight Club is on this Extreme thing either.
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve35 wrote: »
    I dont understand why Fight Club is on this Extreme thing either.

More to the point what the infernal is Bug doing in there :confused: :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have to fill the schedules with something you know.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was kinnda expecting films like martyrs or maybe man bites dog not fight club or bug lol i think bug is one of the worst films ive seen,dogtooth sounds kinnda interesting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rhodes666 wrote: »
    I was kinnda expecting films like martyrs or maybe man bites dog not fight club or bug lol i think bug is one of the worst films ive seen,dogtooth sounds kinnda interesting.

I've always wanted to see that :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More to the point what the infernal is Bug doing in there :confused: :eek:

It's THAT bad? I'd never heard of it before today lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    I found Funny Games a very disturbing experience as far as films go.
    Michael Pitt was great in it.

I haven't seen the 1997 version.

I think Michael Haneke has two films in this film season doesn't he?

i watched it on Sunday, but i dunno which is which lol. didnt know there was two of them... and yea it was disturbingly good :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,832
    Forum Member

Dogtooth is brilliant. Not extreme in terms of violence, but very disturbing pyschologically.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    i watched it on Sunday, but i dunno which is which lol. didnt know there was two of them... and yea it was disturbingly good :D

The 2008 remake stars Tim Roth and Naomi Watts.

The 1997 version is the original and in German language.

:)
  • ZeusZeus Posts: 10,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes I'd expect to see Martyrs included in a season such as this. But definitely not Fight Club!
  • GortGort Posts: 7,467
    Forum Member
    Even though Fight Club is not what I'd call extreme (or at least not that extreme), I certainly do enjoy watching it, so won't complain with its inclusion. Still, Man Bites Dog should have been included; haven't seen that in a while.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    afx237vi wrote: »
    Love Exposure is 4 hours long... that's extreme!

Worth investing the time in watching it, though, I thought it was superb.
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they're so extreme, why not show the original I Spit On Your Grave. I don't think that's been on television.

It has been on tv and it's still an amateurish piece of crap. I particularly like the way the camera is never on the person who's talking because the producers were too cheap to use sync sound.
    Its reputation is completely undeserved. See also Last House on the Left.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Benny's Video last night was interesting lol.