Options

Doctor Who Series 7 Episode 13: Nightmare In Silver 11/05/2013 BBC1 7:00PM

Comments

• Options
    davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    You haven't seen the next time trailer? Tv trailers haven't been used since Cold War IIRC, which is odd, cos I looked forward to seeing them :confused:
  • Options
    Halloween JackHalloween Jack Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Hmm, I hadn't come across any negativity towards this episode before reading this thread. :( Is there an easy way to un-read it?
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You haven't seen the next time trailer? Tv trailers haven't been used since Cold War IIRC, which is odd, cos I looked forward to seeing them :confused:

I wasn't counting the "next time" trailer - I was referring to proper programme trails that appear during other programmes.

And yes, that's my point - the BBC should be trailing this, especially as it's the cybermen. I get the impression that we won't see any mid-week trailers for the finale either (especially as it gets no mention at all in the BBC Press Office Programme Information for that week).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    I wasn't counting the "next time" trailer - I was referring to proper programme trails that appear during other programmes.

And yes, that's my point - the BBC should be trailing this, especially as it's the cybermen. I get the impression that we won't see any mid-week trailers for the finale either (especially as it gets no mention at all in the BBC Press Office Programme Information for that week).

Yep - especially considering the auspicious timeslot of 7PM, lack of a BGT clash and miserable weather predicted for this weekend. If the ratings are going to convalesce before the end of the season this is the time for the BBC to strike - but as usual, inaction.
  • Options
    bigheatherbigheather Posts: 694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Clip 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0VZlIM_ZIw&feature=player_detailpage

Aren't you just loving Angie already........?

That piece of whiny dialogue could have been lifted from any random soap episode. However, I'm still optimistic that it was completely justified in the context of the story :p
  • Options
    Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bigheather wrote: »
    That piece of whiny dialogue could have been lifted from any random soap episode. However, I'm still optimistic that it was completely justified in the context of the story :p

More importantly
    HOW THE HELL DID THAT CYBERMAN JUST MOVE :eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More importantly

Who cares about
    new methods of Cyberman locomotion
    when there are whiny children to moan about? :mad::mad:
    Priorities, people! Priorities!
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More importantly
    Is the Cyberman a hologram that moves quietly?:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More importantly
    Due to budget, only one costume was made. What you just saw was a cut out :D
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The TV trailers tended to be better than the Next Time trailers so it's a pity they stopped them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any reason as to why episodes post-COld War havent been used on the BBC at all...seems a shame really!

LOVED that clip there...quite tense!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are trailing it on CBBC apparently because someone posted a screenshot... ( Make of that what you will...) Maybe we're just missing them too...
  • Options
    ElevenEleven Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Will this episode have a Next Time Trailer ? I can't remember if the penultimates episodes had trailers, in series 5 and 6.
  • Options
    Dr2PatDr2Pat Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    Eleven wrote: »
    Will this episode have a Next Time Trailer ? I can't remember if the penultimates episodes had trailers, in series 5 and 6.
    The Pandorica Opens did not have a next time trailer, just to be continued. Closing Time did have one.
    Not sure about this one though.
  • Options
    ElevenEleven Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Hmm, okay, thanks. "The Pandorica" finale was a two-part, and "Closing Time" was a loner, so maybe we will have a trailer tomorrow, because "Nightmare in Silver" is a loner too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    Who cares about
    new methods of Cyberman locomotion
    when there are whiny children to moan about? :mad::mad:
    Priorities, people! Priorities!

I for one have no problem with the pesky kids having a prominent role in "Nightmare in Silver" (critique on a certain 25th anniversary story there?).

In an episode that appears to contain knowing nods to 60s WHO - such as the "Tomb of the Cybermen" style sets evidenced in released photos and the knowing wink at "The Moonbase", seen in the trailer, with it's "obviously a set" moonscape and wires. The inclusion of Clara's charges gives me a nice warm glow as I fondly recall John and Gillian in exciting adventures with their Grandfather - The Doctor Who.

I just think it would be better if we had the Trods instead of the Cybermen. Missed opportunity here - perhaps they couldn't obtain copyright permission and had to make do with a monster from the tv series instead?.

I'm also optimistic that this story will follow the previous episodes of this season in honouring a particular past era in turn. In which case, by my count, we're due some incomprehensible 80s bogwash.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Torry_Z wrote: »
    They are trailing it on CBBC apparently because someone posted a screenshot... ( Make of that what you will...) Maybe we're just missing them too...

Was that not the CBBC launch trailer? It had new shots from Nightmare we haven't seen since.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Was that not the CBBC launch trailer? It had new shots from Nightmare we haven't seen since.

Yep, that was just a launch trailer from a while ago :)
  • Options
    andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Well I haven't seen it yet but I decided before season 8, sorry season 7B started, that I was going to vote this one excellent, in fact I decided that, before I had even heard about it, Because as everyone knows, Gaiman can do no wrong :)
  • Options
    tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andy1231 wrote: »
    Well I haven't seen it yet but I decided before season 8, sorry season 7B started, that I was going to vote this one excellent, in fact I decided that, before I had even heard about it, Because as everyone knows, Gaiman can do no wrong :)

Haha that's so clever and funny, I can't stop my self from laughing.
  • Options
    andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    tomwozhere wrote: »
    Haha that's so clever and funny, I can't stop my self from laughing.

You'll get a hernia
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's on the telly later:D
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    I don't really care about the damn kiddlywinks - I'm just excited to see how this new Cyberman upgrade works out!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CYBERMEN...NEIL......tonight!!! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Its on at 7. would i be right in assuming that this is the latest any series 7b episodes have been aired?