Options

Anyone else disappointed with Rachel tonight?

MolokoMoloko Posts: 7,871
Forum Member
My opinion of her went from:

:) :cool:

to:

:eek: :mad: :mad:

Or in English, from a rough raw talent that can be refined polished and it is very promising, to yet another loudmouth, arrogant, rude, ungrateful, selfish, BB bitch! She really has disappointed me, and if she doesn't improve then I hope she goes early.

But she'll be "great to watch". :rolleyes: :D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she did herself no favours tonight :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was shocked but it was probably made to appear worse than it was through editing

AJxx
  • Options
    Amy86Amy86 Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    she wasnt that bad so she got a bit cheeky i was expecting way worse from what papers said, she apologised, u heard simon she dont trust anyone which is understand able and this is a talent competition she has a raw talent shes got a an amazing voice she deserves to be through,

she got cheeky with simon so does cheryl its not a big deal at all, she seems sweet especially when she was hugging dannii at the end!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dislike her intensely. I don't think her voice is that good, but her personality is a whole lot worse. I wouldn't vote for her if I was paid to! :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    I'm not a fan. I think she'd be too diva-ish and it would all go wrong.

Her attitude already sucks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    I loved her vocie, and disappointed with her attitude, but was nowhere near as bad as the papers made out.
  • Options
    Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Disappointed? Not at all. She's just reverting to type. People don't go to prison and have their kids taken into care for nothing. Her ex neighbours also said she was a complete nightmare.

There is no way should she have got through, no matter how good she is. Her attitude is appalling - the way she spoke to the poor guy playing the piano :eek: - and if she makes it through to the live finals, I promise you now I will vote every single week for every single other act until she is booted off.

You cannot polish a turd.

Really, really, REALLY dislike her :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Amy86 wrote: »
    she wasnt that bad so she got a bit cheeky i was expecting way worse from what papers said, she apologised, u heard simon she dont trust anyone which is understand able and this is a talent competition she has a raw talent shes got a an amazing voice she deserves to be through,

she got cheeky with simon so does cheryl its not a big deal at all, she seems sweet especially when she was hugging dannii at the end!

I agree, but people like a hate figure dont they :rolleyes:.. lets hope she can turn it round like ryhdian.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like her attitude at all. Really liked her in her audition, was disappointed tonight. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    The attitude wasn't right at all was it? I think she would be a very difficult person to manage. The end may well be not what people expect ;-)

http://rachelhylton.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She does have a great voiuce, but I think she'll struggle to win the public round if she makes the live shows.
  • Options
    MolokoMoloko Posts: 7,871
    Forum Member
    utoia2007 wrote: »
    I loved her vocie, and disappointed with her attitude, but was nowhere near as bad as the papers made out.

I do think that the papers did exaggerate big time and I expected a fully blown diva outburst, but I still felt quite annoyed with her. I think she will improve, but what if the popularity (if she will have a lot) will get to her head if she gets to final stages, and she'll turn annoying and arrogant again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i know utoia, so annoyin

oh and whats with the judging u dont even know her tweakle, what has her past got to do with her talent, shes got an amazingly powerful voice, we dont know about her past properly yeh she was upfront in her audition, but yes her kids are in care but what right do u have to judge her on that im sorry but thats wrong.

'her ex' said she was a total nightmare, sorry do you know him?
  • Options
    codacoda Posts: 5,337
    Forum Member
    Three things:

1. It was brave of her to sing something other than Amy Winehouse, but I didn't really enjoy her version of Chasing Cars as much as I thought I would.

2. Her attitude is suicidal. She cannot stop and start the backing track on the live shows, as she can the pianist of boot camp. I am presuming she goes though - I've avoided the spoilers.

3. I don't think she needs the X Factor. I think she'd be a big draw on the live circuit. And she'd be ideal on one of those Jools Holland shows.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she has a brilliant voice, but I agreed with Simon that the arrangement was all wrong. I think she should've chosen a different song instead. She needs to learn to take criticism and not be so defensive. I think what they did by making her stand alone and making her think that she didn't get through was terrible, but that served her right for the attitude! Maybe she'll learn from that now. :p
  • Options
    cheekscheeks Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the bit with the piano bloke was pathetic...she really kicked his arse....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i know utoia, so annoyin

oh and whats with the judging u dont even know her tweakle, what has her past got to do with her talent, shes got an amazingly powerful voice, we dont know about her past properly yeh she was upfront in her audition, but yes her kids are in care but what right do u have to judge her on that im sorry but thats wrong.

'her ex' said she was a total nightmare, sorry do you know him?

:rolleyes:

She's put herself up to be judged I'm afraid and I will say what I like thanks very much. If you don't like it then tough.

Personally, I don't see any talent - just a huge chip on her shoulder and an attitude that stinks. Cannot stand her voice, cannot stand her and she needs to be out as soon as possible.
  • Options
    TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    I think it would be a mistake putting her through to the live shows as she will be difficult to control plus the viwers wont like her unless she changes her bad attitude.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah...I was very disappointed tonight. However, I can't help but think that editing may be at work. Rachel was shown as arrogant and over emotional (all that rolling on the floor). I wasn't sure that Rachel is up to the psychological aspects of the comp after tonight.

However, I still think she can sing really well. I think we should wait to see what next week brings. Maybe we'll see a different side? I dunno. But editing can be really powerful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :rolleyes:

She's put herself up to be judged I'm afraid and I will say what I like thanks very much. If you don't like it then tough. Personally, I don't see any talent - just a huge chip on her shoulder and an attitude that stinks. Cannot stand her voice, cannot stand her and she needs to be out as soon as possible.

now whos got a attitude?

well you might not like her but there are plenty of people who do im afraid!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very disappointed, the thing is Rachel has had this bad attitude all her llife, it is a defence thing as Simon said.

It's going to be hard for her to change but she needs to change and she's knows that.

It is going to be very interesting to watch her transition.

BTW, she can sing her a&& off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Moloko wrote: »
    I do think that the papers did exaggerate big time and I expected a fully blown diva outburst, but I still felt quite annoyed with her. I think she will improve, but what if the popularity (if she will have a lot) will get to her head if she gets to final stages, and she'll turn annoying and arrogant again.

I agree she should of kept her mouth shut.. but unlike what the media and some on here are implying, she hardly had a full on diva strop, she just tried question something simon said.. I didnt see all this diva crap when will young disagreed with simon and answered him back. I agree she has that in her personality, but so far ive found her quite likable regardless of what happened tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    well the rachel i see is the audition rachel and she was bloody great, crazy funny amazing voice blew most of us away, i believe the pressures to much for her and she doesnt know how to handle it yet, im sorry but she sang her ass off with chasin cars maybe it didnt suit her but her talent is raw through and through.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    now whos got a attitude?

Maybe you should look at your first post to me.
    well you might not like her but there are plenty of people who do im afraid!

We'll see.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No am not dissapointed-slightly amused, seen it all before. She will keep our interest more than any other contestant.

She has flaws which is not accepetable to the voting public. Some of the greatest artist have similar traits-am not saying its an excuse. I recognise that she is highly strung and stressed and she has the 'hangover' from the life she led and possibly is her personality. She reminds me slightly of MaryJ Blige and Billie Holiday but Rachel is an unbelievable natural singer-she is raw and a drama queen.

I think if she does not make it, it will be a publicity stunt to get her signed-up separate from X-factor. I saw glimpses of that tonight when he criticised her choice of song which for me was briliant and selected her last. LOL.

Babeth