Anyone else disappointed with Rachel tonight?

Comments

• superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amy86 wrote: »
    well the rachel i see is the audition rachel and she was bloody great, crazy funny amazing voice blew most of us away, i believe the pressures to much for her and she doesnt know how to handle it yet, im sorry but she sang her ass off with chasin cars maybe it didnt suit her but her talent is raw through and through.

And your point is? She may have raw talent but if she keeps picking crap songs then she's not gonna do well is she?
  • Amy86Amy86 Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    well if she gets to live shows she dont pick the bloody songs does she!

remains to be seen how tomorrow goes doesnt it!
  • MolokoMoloko Posts: 7,871
    Forum Member
    utoia2007 wrote: »
    I agree she should of kept her mouth shut.. but unlike what the media and some on here are implying, she hardly had a full on diva strop, she just tried question something simon said.. I didnt see all this diva crap when will young disagreed with simon and answered him back. I agree she has that in her personality, but so far ive found her quite likable regardless of what happened tonight.

I actually didn't understand the "amazement" of Will Young answering back to Simon in Pop Idol, and I still don't get what was so good about it (and I think this helped him win, which peeved me off). I think it was at a time when the format and the nasty judge roll was very new, so we didn't take to Simon initially, so someone who talked back to him would be praised. And because Will was seen as a posh boy, you would have thought that he would have been slated for being arrogant. However, over the years Cowell Cash Cow has gained some support and credit for his comments, to the point where now if the same thing happened, they would be seen as very bad.

The thing is, I would have thought that since Rachel was already in a sticky situation as it was, would have just shut her mouth, like a wise person in that situation, otherwise it would have jeapordised her chances. However, this isn't America's Next Top Model, it's the X Factor, so of course she was going to get through.
  • Queen MaeveQueen Maeve Posts: 22,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just saw that clip was about creating a story for her as she progresses e.g. bad girl with attitude turns it round and becomes the star of XF5. Well that may be the script Simon has in his head, whether it will work out as planned.
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    I agree she should of kept her mouth shut.. but unlike what the media and some on here are implying, she hardly had a full on diva strop, she just tried question something simon said.. I didnt see all this diva crap when will young disagreed with simon and answered him back. I agree she has that in her personality, but so far ive found her quite likable regardless of what happened tonight.

The difference was that Will did it in a calm, measured and more importantly dignified fashion.
  • Fletcher_11Fletcher_11 Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    Sky + has failed so I've not seen this show yet, but I thought her first audition was pretty bad. It was like Stars in their Eyes.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she was awful tonight, then she started mouthing off to Simon and I went right off her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    And your point is? She may have raw talent but if she keeps picking crap songs then she's not gonna do well is she?

She was great on the song, the arrangement change was the problem.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    The difference was that Will did it in a calm, measured and more importantly dignified fashion.

rachel didnt shout she was just emotional.
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    rachel didnt shout she was just emotional.

She certainly shouted at the man who was playing the piano.

Emotional :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    she didnt shout at all thats what i dont get with the whole 'yelling' thing, she simply spoke back,
  • lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only person who thought Laura White and Alexandra Burke's voices were so much more superior tonight compared to Rachel's?

I mean I do like Rachel, despite her little show tonight, but she is great..... Just not fantastic.
  • codacoda Posts: 5,337
    Forum Member
    The public won't take to her. The audience is very family-viewing prime time audience. I don't think she fits into that category and I don't think they'll tolerate any dramas.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coda wrote: »
    The public won't take to her. The audience is very family-viewing prime time audience. I don't think she fits into that category and I don't think they'll tolerate any dramas.

I think you are right but can we be sure that Rachel just wasn't shown in a bad light?
  • lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coda wrote: »

Well I wont go that far..... Rhydian made it through last year. And his ego is as big as his hair. Actually I think the hair grew with the ego each week.:D

But he did calm down though. Which is what I think she'll do.
  • MolokoMoloko Posts: 7,871
    Forum Member
    lala wrote: »
    Am I the only person who thought Laura White and Alexandra Burke's voices were so much more superior tonight compared to Rachel's?

I mean I do like Rachel, despite her little show tonight, but she is great..... Just not fantastic.

Same I prefered the other too, and Joelle. I liked Rachel's, but I thought my whole house would fall apart because it sounded like a cat being run over backwards and forwards by a driver who was high, several times tbh.
  • thmsthms Posts: 61,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i thought the whole thing was contrived.. a bit like her audition.. she has a unique voice, and i got goosebumps listening to her tonight.. her version of the snow patrol song was inspired..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has the wrong attitude which is a shame. Her ego gets in the way of her listening. She needs to chill and take on-board what the judges are saying or she'll never learn. Fame/showbiz is a tough business and she's acting as if she knows it all.
  • LuxxyLuxxy Posts: 18,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She will be kept in. There always has to be one controversial character.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thms wrote: »
    i thought the whole thing was contrived.. a bit like her audition.. she has a unique voice, and i got goosebumps listening to her tonight.. her version of the snow patrol song was inspired..

I'm with you on this, thms. I think you have it right...'contrived'.
  • Hitman-XHitman-X Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just a very unlikeable person.

you can just tell she is a druggy. She is not gonna change
    Forum Member
    :rolleyes: how can you tell she isnt going to change?
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    ZipGypsy wrote: »
    I think you are right but can we be sure that Rachel just wasn't shown in a bad light?

I think she was. You could tell from the way it was all edited. Even the music they used - they changed it when Simon had a go at her. It's all very manipulative.

I really don't think she was that bad at all. I've seen worse attitudes from others in the past. She strikes me as somebody who really wants this and is willing to take on board any criticism. She might be a bit mouthy but at least the girl has a bit of fire.
  • Hitman-XHitman-X Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amy86 wrote: »
    :rolleyes: how can you tell she isnt going to change?

look at her attitude tonight, trying to tell simon what to do etc. She needs to learn to listen to other people. If she won't listen to someone as high profile as simon then what will she be like to other people?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    I think she was. You could tell from the way it was all edited. Even the music they used - they changed it when Simon had a go at her. It's all very manipulative.

I really don't think she was that bad at all. I've seen worse attitudes from others in the past. She strikes me as somebody who really wants this and is willing to take on board any criticism. She might be a bit mouthy but at least the girl has a bit of fire.

Yeah...and as thms said, 'contrived'.