University Results

davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has anybody got their university results for the year recently or for their whole degree?

I got mine this morning and I have a 2:1 overall for my first year! :D

I'm surprised I passed the creative writing part, as I handed in a shockingly bad "erotic novel" with the simile "her tongue moved around her lips like a car driving around a roundabout"..

I'm dropping the creative writing part next year though, so I'm just doing straight English Literature instead.

Comments

• lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got my results this morning for Year 2.

5 B's and 1 A. I just don't know where i'm heading for in terms of final result but I think it's heading for a 2:1. I dunno how it works. :D
  • darkmothdarkmoth Posts: 12,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't even remember getting end of year results. When I was at uni, you got a letter saying if you were welcome back or not
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darkmoth wrote: »
    I don't even remember getting end of year results. When I was at uni, you got a letter saying if you were welcome back or not

Nice. :rolleyes:

Shouldn't you get a letter or email with a statement of your end of year results? Not even any module feedback. Strange. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    Nice. :rolleyes:

Shouldn't you get a letter or email with a statement of your end of year results? Not even any module feedback. Strange. :confused:

I cannot remember. It's been a while tho..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Universities do things differently to each other but in mine you get module feedback before the modules go off to the exam boards to be ratified. Then you get the final results released. It wouldn't be right if you didn't get some measure of how well you did and then just a letter saying... "okay you you and you can come back but not you, you're not good enough" ;)
  • chris2k2chris2k2 Posts: 9,886
    Forum Member
    Good luck to you all, hope you get what you expected.
    Hopefully those of you starting this year or last, when graduating in 3 years or so the job market will be better - or maybe not.

My 1st year was irrelevant and wasn't counted towards my final degree.

But we did get a letter each year with the transcript, advising what was required. If we got 120 credits, you could move on automatically, if you hadn't then there was a mixture of things that may be required.

The uni had a policy where max 24 credits would be squashed if they met a certain criteria, i.e 30% - 40%, if you only failed 12 or 24 at the original exam board and they was over 30% then you automatically passed the year with 120 credits.

If you failed more, then a free resit would be required - could be combination of exam only, or coursework only, or both.

Then at the next exam board probably 4 weeks from today, all would be reviewed and compensations given where appropriate.

If you where unfortunate to fail the resits and compensations not possible or all used up, then you had to carry forward max 24 credits and resit the full course during the next year - that is if it was possible (time conflicts, etc)

In a way it was a good thing, sometimes there is a module you can't get your head round, but some did say it made it easier to get a degree knowing you could squash 24 credits - but obviously everything was capped at 40%
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got my overall uni results last week, im graduating with a 2:1 :D:D was convinced i was gonna get a 2:2 but all my really hard work, sweat and tears in the final year paid off :D
  • BarbellaBarbella Posts: 5,417
    Forum Member
    Has anybody got their university results for the year recently or for their whole degree?

I got mine this morning and I have a 2:1 overall for my first year! :D

I'm surprised I passed the creative writing part, as I handed in a shockingly bad "erotic novel" with the simile "her tongue moved around her lips like a car driving around a roundabout"..

I'm dropping the creative writing part next year though, so I'm just doing straight English Literature instead.

That has to be the least erotic similie you could have thought of. Since when were cars and roundabouts sexy ( unless the character had a car fetish of course):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitty_koo wrote: »
    I got my overall uni results last week, im graduating with a 2:1 :D:D was convinced i was gonna get a 2:2 but all my really hard work, sweat and tears in the final year paid off :D

When will you graduate then?

My graduation day was 3rd July, and we got our results in June.
    (back in the day)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darkmoth wrote: »
    When will you graduate then?

My graduation day was 3rd July, and we got our results in June.
    (back in the day)

My graduation ceremony is on the 16th July
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting them tomorrow over the internet; every year their servers fail since they release them for the whole uni at once, but do they ever think to change this? :rolleyes: It's for year 2, so the first one that counts towards the end result, fingers crossed! :p
  • SparklySwedeSparklySwede Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got mine last week, works out as a 2:1 for my first year - although I'm 100% determined to raise that in my second year. I don't want to be leaving uni without a first, it would be a waste of three years for me to get a second with the particular degree I'm doing. :p

Congratulations to everyone who has passed this year, especially those who have finished and got their degrees. :)
  • Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got my second year results last week.

One exam to do in August, which I knew because I ended up in hospital and missed the exam. So officially I am 'failed' atm, but I have concessions obviously to do the exam in August so it won't class as a resit and be capped at 40%.

Other than that, in my exams I got:
    62% in one module
    72% in two modules
    80% in two modules
    And 90% in one module

Which isn't bad for essay exams, I was hoping for 55-65%, so I'm happy. :)
  • chiller15chiller15 Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My girlfriend has got her results (bar 1 exam which she was unable to attend due to the snow), and she's got a 1:1 for this year. So far, for her 1st and 2nd years, she has 2x 1:1. I am very proud. :)
  • Pablo DiabloPablo Diablo Posts: 5,892
    Forum Member
    Got my second year results the other day. 2:1 (67%)!
    Last year I got 72% (first) - wish I could swap :D
  • chris2k2chris2k2 Posts: 9,886
    Forum Member
    Got my second year results the other day. 2:1 (67%)!
    Last year I got 72% (first) - wish I could swap :D

It does get harder each year.
    If you get around that figure (67%, 68%) though next year, some universities can under their disgression give you a 1st.

I think that's how it worked at my university, remember reading about it in the exam t&c's, that they could consider giving the next step up if you're out by 2% or something - but didn't always have to. Probably makes you work harder and looks better for them, if more people get a 1st.
  • labelsandlovelabelsandlove Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got my results for my entire degree 2 weeks ago, I got a 2:1 which I am immensely proud of, I thought my personal issues might have meant I blew it right at the end. My graduation ceremony is on Monday, I'm a bit nervous about it.
  • SubrosaSubrosa Posts: 3,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got a 1st (well, a sympathy 1st because I was 0.8 marks away from the boundary but a 1st nonetheless) and am graduating on Wednesday. Hope I don't fall off the stage!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    Congratulations to everyone - there are some brilliant results :)

I got my second year marks the other day and gained a 1st (73%) overall for the year, which I was hugely shocked to gain! I'm one of those annoying perfectionists, and I put so much pressure on myself (whilst trying to sustain a reasonable work/life balance), so I'm hugely nervous about the upcoming year! Fingers crossed though.
  • SubrosaSubrosa Posts: 3,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations to everyone - there are some brilliant results :)

I got my second year marks the other day and gained a 1st (73%) overall for the year, which I was hugely shocked to gain! I'm one of those annoying perfectionists, and I put so much pressure on myself (whilst trying to sustain a reasonable work/life balance), so I'm hugely nervous about the upcoming year! Fingers crossed though.

Wow that is amazing :D well done and good luck for your third year - you've certainly put yourself in good stead! I got 67.6 in my second year and pulled it up (see my post above!) so unless something goes horribly wrong you seem on course for a first overall. What subject?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got mine last week, works out as a 2:1 for my first year - although I'm 100% determined to raise that in my second year. I don't want to be leaving uni without a first, it would be a waste of three years for me to get a second with the particular degree I'm doing. :p
    Drama?