Comments

• MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Over the top and over rated as always
  • dog_eat_dogdog_eat_dog Posts: 3,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, but I thought it was a terrible performance.
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    I switched her godawful screeching off, it did my head in.

Christ, I sound like a miserable old woman!

I actually don't mind her, there's a hell of a lot worse out there, but my ears just couldn't cope with it tonight.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a show geared towards people who think that Leon, Joe, Alexandra and Matt have got "the X factor". These people are genetically incapable of understanding Lady Gaga.

Putting Alexandra in that list destroyed your entire argument. And Lady GaGa is nothing new at all. She's just a rehashed Madonna with some extra pretence thrown in for good measure. :yawn:
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Thought it was fantastic, but then I love Lady Gaga so I would. Similarly to how people on the forum who think she uses her staging because she needs it to cover up a lack of talent wouldn't like it if she came out and sang amazingly. Predisposed bias! Woo!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gaga was great. If there's one thing that everyone should be able to agree on about her, is that for someone who is right at the top of pop music right now, she works incredibly hard. I admire how much she seems to love what she's doing.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    good point. it is rare that you find any posters from the x factor forum, making posts in the music forum. sometimes i wonder if some posters even like music.

Ha ha that is rich I started a thread about one direction and someone (not you was it :eek:) came in here to have a go at me. As I responded the music forum is for all sorts of music :D
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Putting Alexandra in that list destroyed your entire argument. And Lady GaGa is nothing new at all. She's just a rehashed Madonna with some extra pretence thrown in for good measure. :yawn:

in fairness, the alexandra comment was harsh and i missed that when i replied. however, lady gaga is a worldwide selling artist. in fairness, she has sold more records than all the x factor artists put together.

i don't think it is possible for everyone to like her voice or find her original. however, lets have a bit of respect. she`s been a phenomenon.
  • nedskinedski Posts: 1,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the great thing about music. There is no wrong or right as its all a matter of taste.

Personally I thought madam GG was poor tonight but then again I know of singers who are far better than the acts on the show.

But that's my opinion and doesn't mean I'm right or wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in fairness, the alexandra comment was harsh and i missed that when i replied. however, lady gaga is a worldwide selling artist. in fairness, she has sold more records than all the x factor artists put together.

i don't think it is possible for everyone to like her voice or find her original. however, lets have a bit of respect. she`s been a phenomenon.

I never disputed that Lady GaGa wasn't talented......just that she is nothing new, and I hate it when she is hailed as some sort of musical second coming. :rolleyes:

Alexandra has the X Factor anyway, and her success proves that. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    Ha ha that is rich I started a thread about one direction and someone (not you was it :eek:) came in here to have a go at me. As I responded the music forum is for all sorts of music :D

what are you talking about?:confused: i didn't say all forum members in this particular forum don't post in the music forum. however, i don't see a lot to be honest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I never disputed that Lady GaGa wasn't talented......just that she is nothing new, and I hate it when she is hailed as some sort of musical second coming. :rolleyes:

Alexandra has the X Factor anyway, and her success proves that. :)

i never suggested she was original. i like her though as a singer and her music is successful.

i like alexandra too. she is also very talented. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i never suggested she was original. i like her though as a singer and her music is successful.

i like alexandra too. she is also very talented. :)

I LOVE The Fame, but Born This Way was a mess.com for me. No thank you.

Alexandra is great, but she needs to up it seriously with the new album.
  • mistyellemistyelle Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clear your ears out mate.

If there is one criticism of her that is not valid, it's over her singing voice. She was vocally flawless.

absolutely agree
  • DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOVE lady gaga for going out and hugging Kitty, mad respect points
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome vocals. Dreadful song, ridiculous performance.

So a mixed bag for me.
  • TomStarTomStar Posts: 2,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she was great :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty amazing performance I have to say.

She sounded really good with this song. I am not too sure about the song, but she is amazing.

This and Florence last week are the best this season!!
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's fantastic. She's so unique, her act never gets old :')
  • Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good tone,good solid voice,but she was actually off key through the 2nd half of the song.

Interesting concept and costume,but came across a bit awkward.

I like the song,but really,it seemed like she was having moniter probs and maybe isn't able to sing by feel.It's not an uncommon thing for many singers to lose pitch if they cannot hear themselves/the backing. She is rarely out of tune that much and often in tune,so pass this time.

A bit boring,not amazing,not her best,but it was okay. :)
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To those who think she can't actually sing, have a listen to one of her album tracks called 'Speechless' - a beautiful ballad, my favourite GaGa song.
  • I heart KellyI heart Kelly Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's a magic act

using distraction, misdirection, smoke and mirrors to disguise the fact that musically it is just euro-pop, vocally it is just above average and lyrically it is juvenile

great marketing but the music is not good so no not amazing

the only amazing thing is how easily millions are duped
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 377
    Forum Member
    Honestly, I never get the fuss about Lady Gaga. She seems to rely on gimmicks rather than good songs. Very few of her songs are great - this one was very average but she relied on the shock value of her costume to push it along.

I don't think she's got longevity. In fact, I was thinking she's already beginning to look dated. It's all about what big shock thing she can come up with next rather than any genuine musical ability.